Solo play is not fair when compared to group play
It's about time we balanced the game to make solo play (be it survivor or killer) on more equal footing to people playing in a group. Assuming survivors want to keep playing survivor they should realize that killers need something interesting to keep them playing the game.
If everyone is solo queue the game plays as normal with no adjustments. If people are playing solo survivor in a game that also features SWF then the solo survivors get free information perks. The solo player would get 4 free information perks that are picked before the game started ( perks like : kindred, alert, bond, spine chill, rookie spirit) that help you keep track of game objectives, where the killer is and where your fellow survivors are during the match. These extra perks would only activate if you are a solo queue in a game that features people not in solo queue.
Meanwhile the killer would get any 4 perks of his choice. These could be gen slowdown, locationing perks or perhaps perks that only function during the endgame. Due to the fact that SWF makes players more efficient the killer would be allowed to take any perk of their choice. People playing SWF are potentially getting way more than 4 perks from voice communication.
Let's do some simple math. Imagine saving from the hook takes 15 seconds as a flat value. The game starts and one person is chased while three people work on generators. If the chase was not 80 seconds then the survivors have a choice : finish their generator or go for the unhook.
There is a possible scenario where one player carefully goes to the unhook, is not spotted and saves the survivor. This costs the survivor team 15 seconds of potential generator progress. Likewise the possibility exists where three survivors all run to the hook and waste 45 seconds of potential generator progress.
The difference between these two potential games could repeat every time there is an unhook event (note that if one person is on a hook then the total potential wasted time goes down to 30 seconds). With voice communication or a predetermined plan there is no confusion or wasted time.
If there were only three time wasted events during a game it would still make a big difference when compared to none. It could lead to a scenario three times where a killer got to a generator that was fifteen seconds way from completed and then suddenly the he kicks the generator and it is now 35 seconds from being completed.
And remember that there are countless ways that being able to speak to one another in game saves time.
Comments
Just give me chat wheel with basic actions to call out and I am happy.
But for ######### sake don't include chat, those toxic shits would waste whole game complaining.
I would like to see more emotes for things like that.
So you can "wave" for example.
"Thumbs up" etc.
Just normal things you could use.
I don't want any proximity chat, if I wanted to talk, I would swf.
I like my solo life and I'll take the good with the bad.
You want chiller games, then lower your MMR, you want to tryhard every game, then get your sweatband and deal with the sweats.
I've thought about it several times, but they wouldn't improve the communication system claiming that solo communication should be through perks, like bond for example, however, on the issue of power division between swf and solo players, they could do, that in swf they had some disadvantages, like slower generators, the killer could move faster on the map, have better surv detection information, things like that, I think it would help make things less unfair, I know it's not enough, but still an idea.
For solo, you're mostly looking out for you. Everyone else can live or die, it does not matter. However, I mostly help my fellow teammates because I know for a fact I can't always help myself, and as long as I'm not dead or dying, it's fine.