Could someone please help me with this trophy
Untitled.png
If I had to guess I would say I have played trapper around 2-4 hours.
This one is going to take forever. Do you guys have any tips for it? I know you're meant to grab them off the trap, but when I try I just hit them. People get out of traps much faster now too so I cant sit there too long.
Comments
Are you sure that you have to grab them out of Traps? Since the Achievement reads "catch".
I assume so, since even in that one match I just played 5 people were caught in my traps. I have easily caught 100 people in a trap.
I assume its grab them off the trap? Unless its bugged.
but when I try I just hit them
Grabs off traps are different. You need to approach them and press spacebar (or console equivalent).
You can use addons that increase escape time. Other than that, it's a grindy achievement that requires also a bit of luck.
Make sure to set up a web of traps around a 3 gen and hook them inside it (agitation is your friend). That's your best bet to trap consistently nearby you). Also, you might want to use map offerings, because some realms are terrible for Trapper.
Oh really, I need to hit space? Thanks so much !
I thought you just needed to wait a second and it turns into a grab, much like window vaulting. THANKS SO MUCH!
I remember the hassle when I was doing this yes you have to grab them from the trap for it to count off they escape or you just M1 them out won't count.
When it is indeed grabbing, you can try to run the Honing Stone. This inflicts Dying on them if they free themselves, so they would need another Survivor to get out of the Trap. If they notice that you have the Honing Stone (they get an Icon), many Survivors dont even try to get out of the Trap on their own, since they would be in the Dying State afterwards.
I appreciate you people. What maps help? I have lots of offerings since I never use them.
It’s definitely grabs and not just catches. It’s badly worded but I guess since they can’t as easily change the wording on achievements/trophy’s on consoles it didn’t get fixed….
I have a good time on MacMillan as Trapper. There is enough grass to hide Traps, the ground is dark enough for Tar Bottles and the Maps are some of the most balanced Maps in the game.
I honestly dont know anymore, I did the Achievement over 2 years ago.
okay seeing as you apparently do need to grab them out of the trap (i actually didnt know that prior to this), this achievement is significantly harder than it seems.
i do however have a few tipps on how to play Trapper (i did main him for a long time, so i did get a lot of experience with him):
1) if you want to pick people out of Traps, you need to place them in a spot where the Survivors are going to go to when you are in chase with them. you absolutely can not expect to catch someone and then have the time to walk over from wherever you are and pick them out of the Trap, you simply dont have the time for that. So try and set up Traps around areas Survivors wont pass through commonly, unless they entered a chase. (to elaborate: there are 3 types of Traps you can lay: A: the "anti loop Trap", designed to punish players that want to loop a trapped tile against you; B: the "area denial Trap", designed to shut down a loop and force the Survivors away from it - not good at catching people; and C: the "random Trap", named by me like that because it appears to be random to whoever is caught by it, due to it being placed in a spot that doesnt cover any loops, but instead is somewhere you predicted someone would pass through when traversing the map to get from one point to another)
2) dont put your Traps right next to a pallet / window. While those Traps are very effective at shutting down said pallet / window, they are usually rather obvious and not very good at catching someone. In addition to that, those are also the first Traps that get disarmed by Survivors who start checking their general area for them. Instead, try to place your Traps around a loop in tall grass, where a Survivor needs to walk through to run the tile, but wouldnt fully expect a Trap to be.
3) dont instantly break pallets. If you place your Traps in the way described in 2), Survivors can just run through the pallet, drop it and instantly leave the loop. Obviously that would render your Trap useless, so you want to avoid that. So if you have a Trap set up and the Pallet is not a literal god pallet where they can just stand still next to it and vault over safely before you can turn the corner, dont immediately break it, but instead move around it in a way that pushes the Survivors into your Trap. Survivors will want to be efficient with their ressources, so if you can trick them into getting a false sense of security, thinking they could squeeze some extra loops out of a tile, they will most likely be attempting to do that, which leads them right into a Trap they would otherwise not have gotten into contact with.
4) dont reset your Traps. Survivors usually arent idiots, they wont fall for the exact same Trap twice. Also, good teams will memorize where someone else got trapped and then avoid that spot while in chase (or check it for a Trap when not in chase), so unless your Trap is an area denial Trap, dont reset them. Instead, move the Trap around the loop into a different position to catch them off guard with it again.
5) try to lock down one area of the map. Set up a nice 3 gen for yourself and make sure that whoever tries to touch that gets punished. Dont try and play "World Wide Trapper", where you set up all around the map. you dont have the amount of Traps needed for that and your Trap network is going to be stretched thin, which will have a big chance at rendering it a lot less usefull.
you will figure out the right spots on the right maps with time.
so all in all i must encourage you to be creative in your Trap placement. Do not be predictable, because if you are victory becomes significantly harder. Try out new spots, make something up on the run and try to avoid spots that are commonly known to be good Trap locations. All that is going to take time, but it feels incredibly rewarding to lay out a net of Traps that works and catches people left and right!
i hope this helps you on your journey!