What's wrong with the hooks on Midwich?

Why there's so small amount of them on this map? And why they're so far to each other? Especially when the travel to them is only by going through the god pallet on second floor? Another bug?

Comments

  • And no survivors weren't using a petrified oak.

  • RPD has the same issue. I guess the RNG is just really bad or perhaps it's a bug.

  • @Aurelle said:

    RPD has the same issue. I guess.the RNG is just really bad or perhaps it's a bug.

    It must be a bug. Literally I got only three hooks on first floor: One in the right up in countryard, second to the bottom right of the map and third next to the lobby. Like wth is that

  • I noticed that, too. It happens, that I just randomly have to drop the survivor or they wriggling free of my grasp, because their is just no hook around.

    Midwich is the biggest offender, but Grim Pantry and the Erie have this problem occasionally, too, even though on The Artists map things seem to have been improved.

    I got the feeling that in the beginning there were barely enough hooks to hook everyone, not even speaking of getting there in time. Btw, the map has grown on my, and I now win most of my games there. The tower is quite strong, but the map is brightly lit and has long sight lines, so you often spot some survivors from pretty far away. I just wanted to throw that in, because I remember that in the beginning everyone said how survivor sided the new map was because of its massive size, but I am actually always happy seeing it.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    I noticed that, too. It happens, that I just randomly have to drop the survivor or they wriggling free of my grasp, because their is just no hook around.

    Midwich is the biggest offender, but Grim Pantry and the Erie have this problem occasionally, too, even though on The Artists map things seem to have been improved.

    I got the feeling that in the beginning there were barely enough hooks to hook everyone, not even speaking of getting there in time. Btw, the map has grown on my, and I now win most of my games there. The tower is quite strong, but the map is brightly lit and has long sight lines, so you often spot some survivors from pretty far away. I just wanted to throw that in, because I remember that in the beginning everyone said how survivor sided the new map was because of its massive size, but I am actually always happy seeing it.

    That's gonna be abused by survivors like omg, how the game testers didn't noticed that? It's not normal

  • It's fair because Midwich is a disgustingly killer sided map.

  • @lauraa said:

    It's fair because Midwich is a disgustingly killer sided map.

    Hahahahahhaahaha right

  • I've noticed that on the basement side.

  • @Aurelle said:

    RPD has the same issue. I guess.the RNG is just really bad or perhaps it's a bug.

    At this point I would also assume that it is a Bug on Midwich. I have seen three or four Threads popping up with that issue. And from my experience, Midwich used to have way too many Hooks, you had 3 Hooks in each Corridor at some point. But I have not played on the Map recently, so I would not know if anything changed.

  • I'm glad someone else is noticing this issue, I encounter this problem on other maps from time to time as well.

    Certainly there have been some shadow-changes to the hook system.

  • I noticed this yesterday. It isn't just that map because i have had issues on autohaven maps and the game. It looks like the devs are caving to the "wiggling does nothing" cries from 10 hour survivors and are tinkering with them.

  • I thought I was imagining things. A couple of my recent matches on Midwich, I couldn't get to hooks from certain areas, even with no hook offerings from the survivors. Glad to see others are facing the same issue, not glad because I suspect it'll be a long time -- if ever -- that the issue gets fixed.

  • @lauraa said:

    It's fair because Midwich is a disgustingly killer sided map.

    No and no.

  • But apparently people say that that map has so many hooks.

  • Some of it has to do with the fact that its a 2 floor map. If there's a hook directly beneath your feet when you pick up, well, that'll prevent any hooks spawning near you on the 2nd floor where you can actually use them. If that happens too much, you can end up with fairly large areas where the game thinks there's plenty of hooks but there isn't because they're all on the floor above of the floor below where you need them.

    This kind of thing can happen RPD and The Game too.