What is it about Legion that sends survivors into some kind of feral frenzy?
Anti loop killers suck and are bad design! They promote "Hold W " gameplay and can be quite oppressive in chase.
Some of these killers, namely Pinhead, are also criticized for being unfair to Solo Q while doing nothing to SWF.
Now meet Frank. Frank is a good boy. Hes just a basic killer with no fancy party tricks. When I see Frank, I feel relieved that I'm going to have a "normal" match of DbD. Most Legions are uninspired and run Thana+Dying Light but eh, whatever.
And yet, Legion probably gets just as much if not more DCs and Sandbaggers than Pinface. I see it both when I play them and when I'm against them.
What's the dealio here, and why are people so childish about this killer? It cant be because he is boring, because Freddy exists.
It cant be because hes Bull, because Bubba exists
It cant be that his design is busted because Nurse exists
And yet, I dont see people DC and immediately suicide to Nurse and Bubba. Bubba is literally the most boring and obnoxious killer to face because you know whoever goes down first is gonna DIE no matter what, because the reason people pick Bubba is to lord that kind of power over survivors. And yet, whoever goes down first typically afks on hook to hopefully keep Bubba in place.
But Legion? Nah bro, that's going too far. How dare you sir, let me just suicide on hook for playing a Canadian.
Legion is considered dumpster tier by many people, and unlike Trapper, he doesnt have an Evil build like Trapper has. So wheres the beef?
I legitimately fail to understand why this killer creates such suicidal tendencies so consistently.
Comments
It's severe trauma from old legion. They see any legion and immidiately take 20 points of mortal damage before tearing out their ethernet cable in a terror-motivated move to forget.
Anything to forget.
Some people dc when I use legion pin and they can't heal immediately.
People dislike Legion because you spend an inordinate amount of time mending, and also because it's rather boring to have the killer run at you out of nowhere, apply stab, and then run off to bother someone else. They're on the tedious side. Far from the worst thing you could face, though.
Playing against Legion is like playing Mending Simulator. No fun or interactive counterplay, just vault over a pallet or window, stab, run away, repeat. Very boring.
Everybody gangsta until the Legion stabs twice and the Deep Wound timer goes down by 25%.
:)
Now, now, as a somewhat Legion and Bubba main, I take that personal! As if EVERY Bubba player wants to LORD over the survivors and watch them slowly dying. A normally played Bubba is probably the best designed Killer in the game: he is always dangerous, you cant run your clickityclack and tea-bag, bodyblocking shennanigans against him, but have to take him seriously, but he can also be looped and windowed.
Regarding Legion, I guess its kinda oppressive, how they can follow you in a chase, and just hit you with deep wound and vault, people dont like that, I guess? But its not easy to get a down out of a ferral frenzy chase, because of the big slow down. Its funny though, when people forget to mend and then die in some random corner or at a gen and you can just stroll over and pick them up.
the team to the disconnect button
Welp as someone who plays Legion often i don't like to admit it but i do understand why.
Imagine you boot up a game of DbD ready to engage in fun chases. The killer finds you, you are all set. And then they hit you and run away.
You spend some time mending and go back to gens while the killer downs someone. Next time the killer finds you they stab you and run away again. Bassicly using you for finding the other people they already downed so they can get people out of the game.
And that's the interaction untill the gens are done or some survivors are dead and you are finally worth their time.
If you are a person that likes chases, it's pretty clear why you would not like this match.