Pallet hit boxes increased?

Over like the last month I've been getting hit by pallets stun even know I'm clearly not making contact. I've even been hit during baits when I'm around a corner. At first I thought maybe a ping thing or a bug but it's been happening alot even with good ping.

Comments

  • Sometimes it hits a full pallet length away, sometimes you'll be right in front and it won't. My guess is that the game snapshots you when the pallet is thrown and doesn't update regularly. So, if you were moving forward when the snapshot happened, it assumes you walked all the way into it. If you were stationary, it doesn't tag you regardless of how close.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Sometimes it hits a full pallet length away, sometimes you'll be right in front and it won't. My guess is that the game snapshots you when the pallet is thrown and doesn't update regularly. So, if you were moving forward when the snapshot happened, it assumes you walked all the way into it. If you were stationary, it doesn't tag you regardless of how close.

    I got hit earlier today about half a pallet away. Me and the survivor were standing there and they threw it and I at stun. If something is wrong they need to fix it because it makes pallets unplayable. Even when I make the right move I still lose and eat the stun

  • Every time I get drunk I increase pallet hit boxes in dad. You are welcome.

  • Funny cause I feel like as a survivor I get downed from so far away looping around filler pallets even though I’m closer. Are the survivors hit boxes increased when they are closer to pallets? Are pallet stun windows bigger playing killer? Hit validation might play a role in this..

  • Ahhh mate it's been like that for like 3 or 4 months

  • It's been like this for a long time. You step back the avoid the stun and you still get stunned. You're all the way through the pallet, the game still allows the survivor to drop it on you.

  • @Jejune said:

    Every time I get drunk I increase pallet hit boxes in dad. You are welcome.

    You can stop now they are big enough thank you.

  • @MikeyBoi said:

    Funny cause I feel like as a survivor I get downed from so far away looping around filler pallets even though I’m closer. Are the survivors hit boxes increased when they are closer to pallets? Are pallet stun windows bigger playing killer? Hit validation might play a role in this..

    I've had some weird stuff happen as survivor to like I know I should of drop a pallet and it won't drop. Ive even dropped it a couple times and switched sides with the killer and taken the hit.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    It's been like this for a long time. You step back the avoid the stun and you still get stunned. You're all the way through the pallet, the game still allows the survivor to drop it on you.

    This happend yesterday I hit them they ran past the pallet I was in the middle and they ran back and dropped the pallet even know I should of been in the way.

  • @Trex_Crazy said:

    Ahhh mate it's been like that for like 3 or 4 months

    I probably didn't notice because I haven't played a basic m1 killer in a while. I took a break right after Legion came out and then came back the last month of the RE dlc

  • Yeah, pallet hit boxes are a little weird. One time I was walking by a pallet and a David who was hiding behind it stunned me with it. I'll also get stunned with the corner of a pallet sometimes.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    Over like the last month I've been getting hit by pallets stun even know I'm clearly not making contact. I've even been hit during baits when I'm around a corner. At first I thought maybe a ping thing or a bug but it's been happening alot even with good ping.

    Pallet stuns works like this:

    If you are at 15m line straight of the pallet it stuns you it doesnt mind if you arent close.its like the shockwave you know? How you think surv can stun nemesis with a pallet lol.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2695257#Comment_2695257

    This happend yesterday I hit them they ran past the pallet I was in the middle and they ran back and dropped the pallet even know I should of been in the way.

    That's what I call warping backwards into the animation, formerly known as pallet vacuum.

  • pallets have been HUGE for awhile. I can be a couple of steps away and get hit while moving sideways.


    it's disgusting

  • @Thrax said:

    pallets have been HUGE for awhile. I can be a couple of steps away and get hit while moving sideways.

    it's disgusting

    Well its good to know it's not just me.. lol

  • I mean yeah idk if they increased it further but it does feel like they increased the hitboxes with pallet validation. One time i even saw myself get sucked back into a pallet just to get stunned.

  • server only calculrate timing of hit.. same for killer hits unless its cross counter or survivor used deadhard

    if you get in pallet stun range once and survivor dropped right in their screen you get hit

    its simple ping

  • Pallets on both sides lately have felt beyond weird.

    Recently as survivor constantly I'm getting hit even though I press rb to drop the pallet before the killer even swings and it doesn't drop and I'm either injured or down.

    But yeah the stun validation is so weird, times stuns should apply they dont and vice versa.

    As killer the same things have happened to me too, sometimes I actually jump outta my skin cause I didn't expect to get stunned and shouldn't have yet I still did lol.

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Pallets on both sides lately have felt beyond weird.

    Recently as survivor constantly I'm getting hit even though I press rb to drop the pallet before the killer even swings and it doesn't drop and I'm either injured or down.

    But yeah the stun validation is so weird, times stuns should apply they dont and vice versa.

    As killer the same things have happened to me too, sometimes I actually jump outta my skin cause I didn't expect to get stunned and shouldn't have yet I still did lol.

    I've had that happen alot as survivor as well and I see that your also on console I wonder if it's a console thing.