Question about slinger

Idk if it's just me but lately I've been trying to get adept on slinger after the nerfs since I never got it before even though I mustve played him for 1k-2k hours

And idk man it just feels so bad and so hard after the nerfs cause both gearhead and dead man's switch are both trash perks so the only thing you have going for you is retribution which doesn't help that much considering you are 4.4 with a 32 meter tr radius these days

Is it just me or were they to harsh with the nerfs? I feel like he got hit so hard and I fear he will be left alone in the gutter and never reverted just like Freddy,billy, and the twins :(

Makes me sad just thinking about how much easier this achievement used to be to get

Comments

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    Idk if it's just me but lately I've been trying to get adept on slinger after the nerfs since I never got it before even though I mustve played him for 1k-2k hours

    And idk man it just feels so bad and so hard after the nerfs cause both gearhead and dead man's switch are both trash perks so the only thing you have going for you is retribution which doesn't help that much considering you are 4.4 with a 32 meter tr radius these days

    Is it just me or were they to harsh with the nerfs? I feel like he got hit so hard and I fear he will be left alone in the gutter and never reverted just like Freddy,billy, and the twins :(

    Makes me sad just thinking about how much easier this achievement used to be to get

    I believe the general consensus is in agreement with you.

  • You should wait until right after grade reset to try to get the adept. You don't need 4 iris to get merciless killer at the low grades. But yeah, Slinger is god awful now. The devs absolutely gutted him. People paid good money for this killer and they made him useless and frustrating. They're not getting another buck out of me

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299724/question-about-slinger

    I believe the general consensus is in agreement with you.

    I'm glad to hear that I just hope they listen to the community and at least give him his 24m tr radius back that was the only thing that set him apart from the other ranged killers

    And it saddens me because billy and Freddy players have been crying for years and they have fallen on deaf ears so I fear we shall as well

  • @Veinslay said:

    You should wait until right after grade reset to try to get the adept. You don't need 4 iris to get merciless killer at the low grades. But yeah, Slinger is god awful now. The devs absolutely gutted him. People paid good money for this killer and they made him useless and frustrating. They're not getting another buck out of me

    It just feels so bad because Im at what I assume to be high mmr cause most games end faster then 5 mins without corrupt everybody splits up on gens and is really good at looping

    And I'm playing with 3 garbage perks and no add ons and it feels so bad man

  • Yeah man you got to understand everything in this game is designed to ######### the killer as hard as possible. there's the snowmen, the maps, the adepts lol. survivor adept is easy. if the game goes long enough, you can even get it if the killer dcs lmao

  • @Veinslay said:

    Yeah man you got to understand everything in this game is designed to ######### the killer as hard as possible. there's the snowmen, the maps, the adepts lol. survivor adept is easy. if the game goes long enough, you can even get it if the killer dcs lmao

    I mean I've always known at the high end how unbalanced the game is and that it is survivor sided at the highest skill level and that's never really bothered me because honestly most people I face aren't that good plain and simple

    So when I use decent add ons and decent perks before this challenge would be easy

    But man after the nerfs it's like a night and day difference how much harder it is

  • The radius nerf is the part I don't like. I'd rather they gave him a large lullaby.

    I've been playing him a lot more and I can get used to his slower wind up ( though compared to what he was before , it feels so slow). Survivors can now react to you raising your gun, but they still don't know when you're actually going to pull the trigger. Long range shots are seemingly never worth it, and at close/medium range 40 m/s might as well be hit scan. What I do wish they would do, is allow me to customize the ads sensitivity. Take the quick scope and give me the flick shots.

    Other then that, he's more or less the same imo. However, I must admit that the impulse to quick shot is hard a one to overcome.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    The radius nerf is the part I don't like. I'd rather they gave him a large lullaby.

    I've been playing him a lot more and I can get used to his slower wind up ( though compared to what he was before , it feels so slow). Survivors can now react to you raising your gun, but they still don't know when you're actually going to pull the trigger. Long range shots are seemingly never worth it, and at close/medium range 40 m/s might as well be hit scan. What I do wish they would do, is allow me to customize the ads sensitivity. Take the quick scope and give me the flick shots.

    Other then that, he's more or less the same imo. However, I must admit that the impulse to quick shot is hard a one to overcome.

    You can still shoot before he draws it up all the way is what most people don't realize, you just don't know where your aiming unless your a really experienced death slinger so that part honestly doesn't bother me

    Idc about the slow up draw it's the slow putting it away that feels like your moving in glue and the tr radius nerf that bugs me

    Keep the slow aim that's fine but why does dropping the gun feel like your moving in slow motion and how is he any different from any other ranged killer now? The tr is what made him different imo

  • They shot 'Slinger in the other leg and didn't even give him a crutch.

  • I think the majority of the community agrees the nerf was too harsh. Wouldn't put my money on them giving anything back though. Just look the failure that was the Billy rework and how the best compensation they could give after more than a year later was giving him some mediocre addons that no one is going to use.

  • @Labrac said:

    I think the majority of the community agrees the nerf was too harsh. Wouldn't put my money on them giving anything back though. Just look the failure that was the Billy rework and how the best compensation they could give after more than a year later was giving him some mediocre addons that no one is going to use.

    Thats what I fear that he will remain in the dumpster for years which saddens me greatly I feel so bad for Billy players and now my main has been hit by the nerfs sledgehammer :(

  • Yeah the nerf ruined him and made him way more clunky to play

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Yeah the nerf ruined him and made him way more clunky to play

    Like I said I don't even mind the slow aim it makes sense relative to irl you would take awhile to aim I just don't understand why dropping the gun is so slow I mean irl you can stop aiming instantly or in 1-2 seconds not the slow motion movement that he does nowadays

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692932#Comment_2692932

    Like I said I don't even mind the slow aim it makes sense relative to irl you would take awhile to aim I just don't understand why dropping the gun is so slow I mean irl you can stop aiming instantly or in 1-2 seconds not the slow motion movement that he does nowadays

    Survivors complained about a Killer that had no 1v4 potential and only good in the 1v1, which they didn't like, so the devs nerfed his 1v1 AND his 1v4, great balance. The reason he can't put down his gun quickly is because it would allow him to fake his shots, which he was able to do and they didn't like that

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692935#Comment_2692935

    Survivors complained about a Killer that had no 1v4 potential and only good in the 1v1, which they didn't like, so the devs nerfed his 1v1 AND his 1v4, great balance. The reason he can't put down his gun quickly is because it would allow him to fake his shots, which he was able to do and they didn't like that

    Ik that and I understand why they nerfed it I just don't agree with it at all, huntress can still fake shots so can trickster and pyramid head same with nem and his tentacle

    So why tf can't the guy with a actual gun fake anything does not make sense at all imo

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692937#Comment_2692937

    Ik that and I understand why they nerfed it I just don't agree with it at all, huntress can still fake shots so can trickster and pyramid head same with nem and his tentacle

    So why tf can't the guy with a actual gun fake anything does not make sense at all imo

    I'm disappointed you didn't mention Demogorgon. He has the quickest fake in the game. Idk why he can't, I'm not a dev (yet)

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692940#Comment_2692940

    I'm disappointed you didn't mention Demogorgon. He has the quickest fake in the game. Idk why he can't, I'm not a dev (yet)

    Oh my bad sometimes I forget about demo because you rarely face them but I do really love playing him and his fake is really good for long hallways on maps like rpd if the survivors are good and start zigzagging

    But yet deathslinger gets nerfed sigh

    Now that you mention demo I kinda wonder if they can even give him any more balance changes now that he is out of the game? A few more add on buffs would be nice imo we of them aren't very good

    Although ig the same could be said about Freddy none of his add-ons are good, same with ghost face ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • They can balance Demo, but I don't think they are going to unless he gets some kind of game breaking bug

  • He's terrible and not worth playing, just play Huntress or Trickster.

    God's speed though if you keep playing him, I love the way he looks and it's a shame what they did to my boy.

  • @DorkianBae said:

    He's terrible and not worth playing, just play Huntress or Trickster.

    God's speed though if you keep playing him, I love the way he looks and it's a shame what they did to my boy.

    I will keep playing him because I find him fun and like his aesthetic

    Just hope he recovers buffs "soon tm"

    Ik he probably won't but one can be optimistic and hopeful

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692960#Comment_2692960

    I will keep playing him because I find him fun and like his aesthetic

    Just hope he recovers buffs "soon tm"

    Ik he probably won't but one can be optimistic and hopeful

    I wish you luck good sir, I use to main him and am a huge fan of his aesthetic so i understand. I just couldn't do it anymore, feels too bad.

    Use to be my go to favorite killer I could never get sick of playing, sadly I have no main anymore that I love above others.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692960#Comment_2692960

    I will keep playing him because I find him fun and like his aesthetic

    Just hope he recovers buffs "soon tm"

    Ik he probably won't but one can be optimistic and hopeful

    You're gonna be contributing all of the kill rate and pick rate statistics for the devs lol

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2692797#Comment_2692797

    Thats what I fear that he will remain in the dumpster for years which saddens me greatly I feel so bad for Billy players and now my main has been hit by the nerfs sledgehammer :(

    Feel bad for you guys who main him. He was like my 5th or 4th most played killer and even then I felt incredibly disappointed at the devs for the nerfs, can't imagine it for people who put hundreds of hours on him.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    Idk if it's just me but lately I've been trying to get adept on slinger after the nerfs since I never got it before even though I mustve played him for 1k-2k hours

    And idk man it just feels so bad and so hard after the nerfs cause both gearhead and dead man's switch are both trash perks so the only thing you have going for you is retribution which doesn't help that much considering you are 4.4 with a 32 meter tr radius these days

    Is it just me or were they to harsh with the nerfs? I feel like he got hit so hard and I fear he will be left alone in the gutter and never reverted just like Freddy,billy, and the twins :(

    Makes me sad just thinking about how much easier this achievement used to be to get

    I achieved mine a few days ago, albeit one of the survivors disconnected when I landed a pretty slick shot, this lead me into two survivors who I have hooked twice giving up. Yeah in other words all you can really hope is get a huge snowball or learn how to flick. The add ons I used are both that reduce the stun time when survivors break free.

  • @CowabungaDude said:

    If anything its easier now. against old deathslinger everyone would just DC

    Weird in all my time playing him I rarely got dcs honestly unless it was like 5 gens and I'd already killed someone then I got dcs

  • @Psychobeastz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299724/question-about-slinger

    I achieved mine a few days ago, albeit one of the survivors disconnected when I landed a pretty slick shot, this lead me into two survivors who I have hooked twice giving up. Yeah in other words all you can really hope is get a huge snowball or learn how to flick. The add ons I used are both that reduce the stun time when survivors break free.

    When I do adepts I typically try and do them with no add ons because I don't know you could use add ons at first lol so I've just always stuck to doing it that way perhaps you are right and I should use some of his better ones