Hatch Camping Rrrrr!
Once again, I get catch by a camper killer at the HATCH last game I played. Its so annoying and frustrating, you can wait like 10 mins the guy will not hit you or whatever until you go in and he get you immediatly >_< That's so unfair, devs' should thinks about it, killers shouldnt be able to get you like this, so easy for them. Grr.
Comments
The hatch needs a rework that's for sure. I can't wait until I'll be able to close it or it will close automatically after a minute. Go do the gens next time. From what I understand you think you're entitled to hatch escape every time.
so do gens? You aren't entitled to the hatch.
Go do generators.
Just had a game with a Doctor who was camping the hatch. So I went and did 1 of the 2 generators left. He then came to look for me, I managed to lose him and get out.
Then his words he told me to "Go f*** myself".... Like, what did I even do? Oh wait, I won that's why.
Anyways, just do the stupid generators is the point of my story!
Ummm yes it is. The objective is to escape. It is a means of escape.
You just need to finish 1 and they'll pull off the hatch.
So he has to let you escape?
I can't be arsed with these standoffs so will, generally, just let players have the hatch. But you don't deserve it, and being mad that he didn't let you escape is a bit silly.
Lol it's probably not exactly what OP had in mind.
Those Rrrrr's and Grrrr's make it seem like sarcasm to me.
Survivors think they deserve the escape, Killers think they deserve the grab.
I just started not caring, cause the devs clearly don't care about fixing this botched mechanic.
I just jump in or slap them immediately, not caring about the result.
Though i'm usually annoyed if grabs don't work. (No, i'm not holding the button, i tap it.)
If he is staying at the hatch go for gen, if he come for you at the gen you'll have a chance to get the hatch.
You are basicly complaining that you both waited at the hatch, when you had the choice to do gen.
It is: Left Mouse Button as the standard-assigned button.
Its your job to do the gens.
The killer litreally has no other possibility than to wait for you doing something. Yes thats sad, but thats how the devs designed the game
its just as frustrating on the other side man hatch is broken and needs a fix till then this will keep happening because we both are stubborn mules
Fair enough. I didn't catch that in your original post.
But it's not quite that easy to catch someone at the right time. Sure, good killers will give you enough space to try and jump in (then grab you), but if they accidentally lunge or mistime things then it doesn't work. And a good survivor won't fall for that anyway.
That's why these stand-offs happen. Noone wins.
If you both end up at the hatch at the same time... someone just needs to be adult enough to say "f*ck it, you win, I don't care".
...
How would you feel if you all survive, complete all gens, open the gate, 3 escape and when the last survivor wants to get out, the gate closes and gives the killer a free undeserved kill?
Oh wait, I already know the answer, when I look at all the NOED rants.
Loooool
The only reason that the Hatch is even an issue is that it is an occurrence with no counter and an unlimited timer/duration.
Either or can easily be implemented, and ideas have even been playtested, but nothing will come FOR A LONG TIME, much like the "DS rework."
This is 100% due to perceived backlash.
Slug the last 2 survivors, then hook them both before one dies.
You would not believe how many times I have used it and been on the recieving end of it. It completely stops hatch plays.
It's easier than countering NOED unless you get too caught up in things and hook the 3rd by accident.
Even THEN you can find the 4th before the 3rd dies.
On top of that, the survivor needs to know where it is. You can either find the last survivor or the hatch.
That is the tip of the iceberg in countering hatch plays.
Translation: English
I love speaking in French very much! French is my favorite language because it's very interesting! Anyways, what do you think about Dead by Daylight my friend? Sorry for my bad French, I am not very good lol.
Doesn't reduce my irritation. >_<