"It's an event, have fun!" is not a good argument for snowmen

I get it, it's Christmas, it's the holiday season and people should enjoy this time of year. I see no problem with that but people can't just ignore the porblems with the snowmen just because of that. Snowmen aren't balanced, they're another health state for Survivors that can't be countered, or requires an absurd amount of effort to be countered. Playing more chill also isn't viable (atleast in my experience) because Survivors aren't playing any more chill than before the update

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I get it, it's Christmas, it's the holiday season and people should enjoy this time of year. I see no problem with that but people can't just ignore the porblems with the snowmen just because of that. Snowmen aren't balanced, they're another health state for Survivors that can't be countered, or requires an absurd amount of effort to be countered. Playing more chill also isn't viable (atleast in my experience) because Survivors aren't playing any more chill than before the update

    what do you mean, everyone's playing more chill...

    it's the bone chill event ๐Ÿ˜

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299451/its-an-event-have-fun-is-not-a-good-argument-for-snowmen

    what do you mean, everyone's playing more chill...

    it's the bone chill event ๐Ÿ˜

    Ah yes, my mistake. Forgive me

  • I just had 4 games in a row with all flashlights and 16 meta perks. One was even on a killer I do not play, so my MMR should not have been all that high.


    They're playing so chill and enjoying the event though

    ๐Ÿ™ƒ

  • @SonicOffline said:

    I just had 4 games in a row with all flashlights and 16 meta perks. One was even on a killer I do not play, so my MMR should not have been all that high.

    They're playing so chill and enjoying the event though

    ๐Ÿ™ƒ

    Don't you love this chill event?

  • @CowabungaDude said:

    its only till the 23rd. i know, that doesnt make it any better but you dont have to worry about them being permanent

    I know they're not permanent, but it's still 2 weeks worth of these snowy demons

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689946#Comment_2689946

    I know they're not permanent, but it's still 2 weeks worth of these snowy demons

    It's two weeks of super ######### survivor queue times because no one wants to play killer in this clown fiesta.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689950#Comment_2689950

    It's two weeks of super ######### survivor queue times because no one wants to play killer in this clown fiesta.

    I haven't tried playing Survivor yet, but I'm not sure if I want to wait around 10 mins to get in a game

  • This argument is fine for when you run into survivors that are memeing and spinning around in circles and advancing on the killer with 4-snowmen legions. It's not fine when you run into survivors that use the snowmen like any other map resource and employ them for extra health states.

    All issues of being unable to avoid this gamemode aside (because people should be able to play the way they want to play), "play chill" is a bad argument when the people you're playing against aren't playing chill either.

    I do love this event and I'm really happy that BHVR gave us something both fresh and reminiscent of the older, earlier events, but let's not pretend there aren't problems here.

  • @Laluzi said:

    This argument is fine for when you run into survivors that are memeing and spinning around in circles and advancing on the killer with 4-snowmen legions. It's not fine when you run into survivors that use the snowmen like any other map resource and employ them for extra health states.

    All issues of being unable to avoid this gamemode aside (because people should be able to play the way they want to play), "play chill" is a bad argument when the people you're playing against aren't playing chill either.

    I do love this event and I'm really happy that BHVR gave us something both fresh and reminiscent of the older, earlier events, but let's not pretend there aren't problems here.

    Agreed. This event isn't bad, it just doesn't work at higher levels where people are playing the game less casually

  • Survivors get a negligible speed boost from snowmen, if any at all, and if you can hit them before they fully enter the snowmen, im pretty sure it damages them and destroys the snowman. While you may be accurate in stating that it's a third health state, it's the most negligibly weak health state in the entire game.

  • They havent been a problem for me yet. They take a while to jump in so i have had time to hit them

  • I'll take a free STBFL stack.

  • Killer has been a farce for a while now, this event has made it only easier for me to play more killer again. Now I can sandbag myself and still achieve a similar result, except now I can kinda have fun since therea no reason to try when you have wacky arm flailing inflatable snowpeople

  • I think the event highlights a larger issue. Even simply doing a Christmas event splits the community. Probably 66% at least are happy with the event and having fun while a sizeable minority are annoyed that the snowmen are affecting gameplay.

    The event is certainly putting me off of playing until it's over. I don't want to mess around with snowmen, have my teammates throw games for it, or deal with them as killer. I'm generally a more competitive/serious player.

    People who like the event are upset that others are "tryharding". Players like myself are annoyed that the event exists. Forcing all playstyles/mindsets into the same single queue frustrates everyone. You have the framework in place with MMR to make separate queues for unranked casual and ranked competitive, and I think players on both sides of the equation would be happier.

  • I think it's weird survivors are so heavily against just making it so the snowmen do not tank a hit and you get injured/down. Since no one is using this for an advantage and it's all fun, why would that harm anyone at all?

  • Would be nice if they caused the whiff / collision hit animation rather than a full cooldown because its effectively a free hit and speed boost as it stands now