I Just Can't Take It Anymore (Obligatory Killer Main 'I'm Done' Post).

So, it's come to this.

As much as I like this game, it has started to become just...too much.

For every 2 good games I have (win or lose) it feels like every third game is against either a team of newbies, a team of people way better than me or TTV stompcomp with 5-10x the hours I have that just rolls me and BMs me the entire time. 

You know what I mean. Those folks that will 99% the final gen and spend half an hour meming with sabos, bodyblocks, flashlights and just being schmucks and who'll then threaten to report you for non-participation in postgame when you AFK in disgust. And I'm about the nicest, least campy killer you are likely to come across.

Not to mention the bizarre influx that the Epic Games thing has caused, meaning that half my matches have either a complete newbie or someone with 2 yellow perks that is almost certainly using some sort of hack (gens/heals popping at light speed, perfect map awareness and is able to kobe first time every time) in it.

I'll be back for sure (let's face it, nobody quits this habit for good), once I've forgotten how much the ingame community can suck...but, to stop this being a standard 'QQ toxic survivors' rant, I thought I'd challenge myself (it being Christmastime) - and do it in limerick form!


This...may have been a bad idea. But here we go.

'I Quit': A Christmas Limerick


For three hundred hours I've stuck with it

With the rest of the strays and the misfits

It's a really great game

Just a crying shame

That it's filled with BMers and gits


Promotions on the Epic Store

Brought hackers and switchers galore

'Just report them!' you say

Well I do, but okay

It's unlikely that anyone saw


Half the killers and addons are whack

And the matchmaking system's on crack

Just what is the reason

At least three times an evening

That I'm thrown to the wolves as a snack?


You'd think that enduring this pain

Means your MMR won't stay the same

But a stomp from these thumpers

Won't decrease those numbers

So it happens again and again (and again)


CoH and DS are the perks

That you'll see on these teabagging jerks

That draw entertainment

From stalling the game out

And making me sing 'It Just Works!'


To play as fair and as chill as you can

Then eat crap from some woman or man:

The game starts to grate

And your fun turns to hate

Wishing you had a button marked 'ban'


'Surely StarLost, you're just too thin skinned

To play a game where you can't always win

Just ignore the teenagers

They want you to rage or

Break down - so just don't give in!'


Well, there's only so much to ignore

Before it starts feeling like you're at war

All your efforts undone:

It's about as much fun

As slamming your hand in a drawer


As I'm sure you're about to type 'nope'

'Aren't there nice groups that give you some hope?'

And I'd have to answer

That the rest of the bastards

Have got me at the end of my rope


Just play a few games every night

And you might come to see the plight

Of frustrated killers

Becoming black-pillers

Grinding match after match out of spite


If the players don't stop acting dirty

And forgetting that words can be hurty...

Cause enough agitation

Then we lose motivation

And your queues go from seven to thirty


'But why keep on stubbornly playing?'

I can almost imagine you saying

'If you aren't having fun

Why not go get some sun?

Nothing's forcing you to shut up and stay in'


Well...


I suppose that I find satisfaction

In the gains of mild skill and some traction

But photosensitive brains

Can't quite handle the pain

Of those damn flashlight macros in action


Many will tell you their tale

Of how to avoid the same fail

'Just play Blighty or Nurse

Or your games will be worse'

As they realize the meta's gone stale


Perhaps among gamers there's some

Who can wait for a good match to come

Shrug off the abuse

And the endless refuse

I suspect that they've sadly gone numb


But myself, I'm just not in the group

Who can stand being 'bagged at each loop

That toxic thought slime 

Wears you out over time

And I'm right up to here with this poop


So, please in this bright Christmas season

Take a second to think of a reason

To be nice to a foe

Who's a human like you

And it might just stop others from leaving!


As for me, it's just not in the cards

To endure fifty million dead hards

Because there's just no enjoying

When a game's as annoying

As a limerick that doesn't end properly.

Comments

  • Honestly, the limericks are impressive, even if some of them don't fit the rhythm properly.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    Honestly, the limericks are impressive, even if some of them don't fit the rhythm properly.

    Lol, it was just a quicky. Most of them have the correct flow, if you futz with the intonation slightly.

  • @StarLost said:

    So, it's come to this.

    As much as I like this game, it has started to become just...too much.

    For every 2 good games I have (win or lose) it feels like every third game is against either a team of newbies, a team of people way better than me or TTV stompcomp with 5-10x the hours I have that just rolls me and BMs me the entire time. 

    You know what I mean. Those folks that will 99% the final gen and spend half an hour meming with sabos, bodyblocks, flashlights and just being schmucks and who'll then threaten to report you for non-participation in postgame when you AFK in disgust. And I'm about the nicest, least campy killer you are likely to come across.

    Not to mention the bizarre influx that the Epic Games thing has caused, meaning that half my matches have either a complete newbie or someone with 2 yellow perks that is almost certainly using some sort of hack (gens/heals popping at light speed, perfect map awareness and is able to kobe first time every time) in it.

    I'll be back for sure (let's face it, nobody quits this habit for good), once I've forgotten how much the ingame community can suck...but, to stop this being a standard 'QQ toxic survivors' rant, I thought I'd challenge myself (it being Christmastime) - and do it in limerick form!

    This...may have been a bad idea. But here we go.

    'I Quit': A Christmas Limerick

    For three hundred hours I've stuck with it

    With the rest of the strays and the misfits

    It's a really great game

    Just a crying shame

    That it's filled with BMers and gits

    Promotions on the Epic Store

    Brought hackers and switchers galore

    'Just report them!' you say

    Well I do, but okay

    It's unlikely that anyone saw

    Half the killers and addons are whack

    And the matchmaking system's on crack

    Just what is the reason

    At least three times an evening

    That I'm thrown to the wolves as a snack?

    You'd think that enduring this pain

    Means your MMR won't stay the same

    But a stomp from these thumpers

    Won't decrease those numbers

    So it happens again and again (and again)

    CoH and DS are the perks

    That you'll see on these teabagging jerks

    That draw entertainment

    From stalling the game out

    And making me sing 'It Just Works!'

    To play as fair and as chill as you can

    Then eat crap from some woman or man:

    The game starts to grate

    And your fun turns to hate

    Wishing you had a button marked 'ban'

    'Surely StarLost, you're just too thin skinned

    To play a game where you can't always win

    Just ignore the teenagers

    They want you to rage or

    Break down - so just don't give in!'

    Well, there's only so much to ignore

    Before it starts feeling like you're at war

    All your efforts undone:

    It's about as much fun

    As slamming your hand in a drawer

    As I'm sure you're about to type 'nope'

    'Aren't there nice groups that give you some hope?'

    And I'd have to answer

    That the rest of the bastards

    Have got me at the end of my rope

    Just play a few games every night

    And you might come to see the plight

    Of frustrated killers

    Becoming black-pillers

    Grinding match after match out of spite

    If the players don't stop acting dirty

    And forgetting that words can be hurty...

    Cause enough agitation

    Then we lose motivation

    And your queues go from seven to thirty

    'But why keep on stubbornly playing?'

    I can almost imagine you saying

    'If you aren't having fun

    Why not go get some sun?

    Nothing's forcing you to shut up and stay in'

    Well...

    I suppose that I find satisfaction

    In the gains of mild skill and some traction

    But photosensitive brains

    Can't quite handle the pain

    Of those damn flashlight macros in action

    Many will tell you their tale

    Of how to avoid the same fail

    'Just play Blighty or Nurse

    Or your games will be worse'

    As they realize the meta's gone stale

    Perhaps among gamers there's some

    Who can wait for a good match to come

    Shrug off the abuse

    And the endless refuse

    I suspect that they've sadly gone numb

    But myself, I'm just not in the group

    Who can stand being 'bagged at each loop

    That toxic thought slime 

    Wears you out over time

    And I'm right up to here with this poop

    So, please in this bright Christmas season

    Take a second to think of a reason

    To be nice to a foe

    Who's a human like you

    And it might just stop others from leaving!

    As for me, it's just not in the cards

    To endure fifty million dead hards

    Because there's just no enjoying

    When a game's as annoying

    As a limerick that doesn't end properly.

    All of the stuff going on was enough to get me back into Fortnite. Just wow...

  • I've gone for racing games, myself.

  • The scary thought is that due to dbd being on epic games, there may be dbd skins which I'll unfortunately succumb to buying since I still have a burning passion for all things dbd.

  • I've got...so many games on my backlist now.

    Guardians

    Stardew Valley (promised the wife I'd try it)

    The Riftbreaker (my GOTY thus far)

    The Mass Effect remastered stuff

    Satisfactory

    The new Mechwarrior 5 expansion


    That should comfortably take me up until Lost Ark get's it's western release next year.

  • Kudos good sir, for I know that was no easy task. Like you I find it hard to continue going on. Playing killer is just not fun anymore. Between the constant nerfs, SBMM, hacking, and the toxic behavior, it's a tall order for anyone to endear. Having a carefree attitude can only take you so far. If this game should ever one day be fortunate enough to have its own bot mode, then I'll be perfectly happy never playing against real people ever again.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678340#Comment_2678340

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678346#Comment_2678346

    I've got...so many games on my backlist now.

    Guardians

    Stardew Valley (promised the wife I'd try it)

    The Riftbreaker (my GOTY thus far)

    The Mass Effect remastered stuff

    Satisfactory

    The new Mechwarrior 5 expansion

    That should comfortably take me up until Lost Ark get's it's western release next year.

    Oh yeah, MW5 got an expansion, right? This is the one that gives a non-story campaign so you can just go around being a merc band?

    Though I really want a Clan expansion as always; what's the point of a MW game if you don't have at least Clan stuff, if not absurd stuff like the Long Tom (I know mods add them but eeeh)

    ... nobody's really gone to other horror games, huh?

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678348#Comment_2678348

    Oh yeah, MW5 got an expansion, right? This is the one that gives a non-story campaign so you can just go around being a merc band?

    Though I really want a Clan expansion as always; what's the point of a MW game if you don't have at least Clan stuff, if not absurd stuff like the Long Tom (I know mods add them but eeeh)

    ... nobody's really gone to other horror games, huh?

    Yeah everyone wants Clans.

    No, it's another DLC, sort of a mini campaign within the open world and a ton of new mech variants.

    I'm guessing the modding scene has also worked wonders since I last played it (Battletech fans tend to meticulously add everything from the lore that a base game lacks even if they have to hack it in somehow).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678352#Comment_2678352

    Yeah everyone wants Clans.

    No, it's another DLC, sort of a mini campaign within the open world and a ton of new mech variants.

    I'm guessing the modding scene has also worked wonders since I last played it (Battletech fans tend to meticulously add everything from the lore that a base game lacks even if they have to hack it in somehow).

    When I played (before any DLC came out), they'd meticulously added everything that should be present in the IS up until after the Clan invasion, complete with Clan variants of everything. Oh, and they'd totally rejigged the mechlab to have proper slots for things, and endoskeletons etc and every damn 'mech variant they could. So, if that's been updated, yeah, you can get your full "I will make the most perfect lance full of nigh impossible tech" fix. Still... missing all the Clan 'mechs and that sucks.

    Though, this does make me want a robot killer in DBD now. Probably not a scifi giant robot style one, maybe a bit more clockpunkish. But definitely insane robot murderer lol.

  • I’m just done playing against hackers who just vanish as soon as they’re behind a Wall. So many people have started to cheat in this game, it’s crazy.

  • Taking a break from this game always helped me to enjoy it again when I come back to it.

  • @Shaped said:

    Taking a break from this game always helped me to enjoy it again when I come back to it.

    Yeah I'm sure I'll be back (I do really love this game, while also hating it at times)...just need to get some distance for a bit. Too many nasty groups right now and too much MMR weirdness making it worse.

  • Come back when there's a new licensed killer or when Epic game store ends. Either way go play a different game. Hollow Knight great and I just want to shill it.

  • @Myla said:

    Come back when there's a new licensed killer or when Epic game store ends. Either way go play a different game. Hollow Knight great and I just want to shill it.

    The missus loves it and Ori, but my old eyes aren't really up to difficult platformers anymore :).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678375#Comment_2678375

    Yeah I'm sure I'll be back (I do really love this game, while also hating it at times)...just need to get some distance for a bit. Too many nasty groups right now and too much MMR weirdness making it worse.

    Understandable. You can always play survivor (also not perfect but less stressful to me at least) or play unconventional killer builds.

    I rarely have a bad time with tp+jmm myers for example. I am not going for 4ks unless I encounter toxic teams. I usually let 2 people go to keep my mmr in check. It kinda feels good when bm'ing survivors just feed my power and someone dies because of it lul.

    I am completely burned out of playing killer normally. Too much work because I love playing the weaker ones like pig and legion for example. And I am somewhat of a survivor main anyway even tho I played both. More hours on survivor.


    Just don't force yourself to like the game if you don't.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678389#Comment_2678389

    The missus loves it and Ori, but my old eyes aren't really up to difficult platformers anymore :).

    Hollow knight and Ori too? She's a legend.

  • Yes, yes she is. We are both consumate gamers, but we also enjoy very different genres.

    I'm an RPG/shooter/PvP/RTS/Tower Defense man.

    She likes platformers, farming games and survival games. But we've played a lot of stuff together too - Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 3, Titan Quest, Don't Starve Together and Overcooked.

    @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678384#Comment_2678384

    Understandable. You can always play survivor (also not perfect but less stressful to me at least) or play unconventional killer builds.

    I rarely have a bad time with tp+jmm myers for example. I am not going for 4ks unless I encounter toxic teams. I usually let 2 people go to keep my mmr in check. It kinda feels good when bm'ing survivors just feed my power and someone dies because of it lul.

    I am completely burned out of playing killer normally. Too much work because I love playing the weaker ones like pig and legion for example. And I am somewhat of a survivor main anyway even tho I played both. More hours on survivor.

    Just don't force yourself to like the game if you don't.

    DbD is like cigarettes. You put down the pack, swear it's over, then the next day you find yourself striking up without even realizing it. By the time you've finished your last smoke of the day, you put down the pack...ad infinitum.

  • A short break works wonders. I would not be able to play this game for over a year without other games in between.

    Have a good rest and come back anytime

  • Take a break and when you come back, play to improve, not to win.

  • Forza 5 is poppin off pretty hard right now.

  • Yeah, I played some NFS stuff first, but I moved onto Forza Horizon 5 the other day.

    Did make playing a few rounds in DBD super weird, everything felt so slow.

  • Understanding and fun read.

    Whenever you come back, try survivor. It's much more enjoyable of a role I find. Especially when you run builds like Bond, Mettle of Man, Boon: Circle of Healing, and We're Gonna Live Forever. You'll be raking in 40-60k BP per game easily without even needing to survive.

    Just don't solo gens. Instead, run around and body block the killer, take a hit, run back to your boon to heal and repeat. I only learned recently that you can proc Mettle of Man multiple times per game, which is hilarious when you pull it off.

    The best part is you don't even need good solo queue team mates for this.

    ---

    Renounce the art of murder, and join me on the dark side as a current survivor main.

  • Great read, we’ll from a poetry perspective not a game quitting perspective.

    take care eh.

  • @Beaburd said:

    Understanding and fun read.

    Whenever you come back, try survivor. It's much more enjoyable of a role I find. Especially when you run builds like Bond, Mettle of Man, Boon: Circle of Healing, and We're Gonna Live Forever. You'll be raking in 40-60k BP per game easily without even needing to survive.

    Just don't solo gens. Instead, run around and body block the killer, take a hit, run back to your boon to heal and repeat. I only learned recently that you can proc Mettle of Man multiple times per game, which is hilarious when you pull it off.

    The best part is you don't even need good solo queue team mates for this.

    ---

    Renounce the art of murder, and join me on the dark side as a current survivor main.

    I've tried playing survivor, but I just find the role...boring?

    It's so static and doesn't really change game to game or even with different perk combinations - at least not much.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678515#Comment_2678515

    I've tried playing survivor, but I just find the role...boring?

    It's so static and doesn't really change game to game or even with different perk combinations - at least not much.

    That's fair.

    It is quite boring if you do gens, my main suggestion was to have a build and play-style that just has you bullying killers by running around them constantly and preventing them from downing people.

    It's surprisingly fun and lucrative to bully (no teabags though).

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678940#Comment_2678940

    That's fair.

    It is quite boring if you do gens, my main suggestion was to have a build and play-style that just has you bullying killers by running around them constantly and preventing them from downing people.

    It's surprisingly fun and lucrative to bully (no teabags though).

    Honestly, it comes down to perks and variety.

    Every killer is like playing a different game, and killer perks (at least the non-crap ones) are well designed - they make you play differently, take risks, choose to do or not do certain things and have counterplay.

    A game on Hag with Surge+PR+STBFL+Devour Hope will be entirely different than a game on Hag with Sloppy+Nurse's+Ruin+Monitor.

    Survivor perks on the other hand...aside from a handful mostly amount to 'I have a third health state', 'I do gens faster', 'I can stun the killer once', 'I can see auras', 'I heal faster'. There's not much decision making, risk or counterplay and there are also a few that are so powerful that not using them feels like you are playing the game wrong.

    I play the odd survivor game, and it's definitely more relaxing - but quickly becomes tedious. As a killer, I have to think about 8 different things at once. Do I chase? What tiles are nearby? Where are the other survivors? Do I hook here or try for a better position? Do I force the pallet here or try to mindgame? Defend Ruin or disrupt the gen? Do I focus on killing this survivor or do I break off and try to get more people injured? Do I pop this gen or let it get finished and try to force a 3gen? Break the pallet or trap it?

    As a survivor it's - do I greed, do I hide or do I run?

    It's night and day.

  • @Beaburd said:

    Understanding and fun read.

    Whenever you come back, try survivor. It's much more enjoyable of a role I find. Especially when you run builds like Bond, Mettle of Man, Boon: Circle of Healing, and We're Gonna Live Forever. You'll be raking in 40-60k BP per game easily without even needing to survive.

    Just don't solo gens. Instead, run around and body block the killer, take a hit, run back to your boon to heal and repeat. I only learned recently that you can proc Mettle of Man multiple times per game, which is hilarious when you pull it off.

    The best part is you don't even need good solo queue team mates for this.

    ---

    Renounce the art of murder, and join me on the dark side as a current survivor main.

    Alright I had to screenshot this build this sounds fun as hell. I definitely want to give this a try It sounds like it's good for messing around and having fun but I also having a lot of blood points and no matter what side I play I usually care about getting blood points a lot xD so wglf and bbq are in alot of my builds.

    I know this post isn't more about quitting killer or whatever but you have any fun killer builds or are you mostly done with killer too