I Know my posts are all very killer-sided changes so i wanted to post a survivor-sided change.

Face-camping should not be a thing. It is very boring and unfun. Proxy camping, however, is fine. As you not in their face. Now i know the game is difficult for killers so hold off these changes until the survivors are fair to go against as killer

Comments

  • Facecamping at end game makes sense but yeah there should be something done about camping with 5 gens left.

  • @GannTM said:

    Facecamping at end game makes sense but yeah there should be something done about camping with 5 gens left.

    yeah i agree with it at the end- but never at like 5-2 gens

  • @Zozzy said:

    So never?

    5-2 gens face camping should be removed.

  • Now try to come up with something that prevents facecamping but won't be used by Survivors as a tactic against the Killer.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    Now try to come up with something that prevents facecamping but won't be used by Survivors as a tactic against the Killer.

    That would be difficult lol. Very difficult. as i said, they can take their time

  • I say this, if a killer is gonna camp, or proxy camp me, go in all the way. Because at that point the game is basically over for me if I'm in a solo team.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    I say this, if a killer is gonna camp, or proxy camp me, go in all the way. Because at that point the game is basically over for me if I'm in a solo team.

    true this happens to me all the time when i play survivor😂

  • I think there's an easy way to "solve" facecamping for most killers: remove hook grabs. It's a BS mechanic that is the primary reason why facecamps are still a thing, leads to awkward, silly dancing around the hook with survivors scared to commit to the unhook and the killer not wanting to hit them, and it is not only subject to latency and therefore random luck that can screw over either side, but it's also been bugged forever, in that a third survivor cannot unhook the hooked survivor for as long as the grab animation lasts, because the hooked survivor stupidly enough is locked into it as well.

    Of course, this would be a killer nerf, since now a healthy survivor can force a hook trade in many situations against many killers, and there should be compensation for it. For a general thing, I think SWFs should not be able to stack perks (or items/add-ons), and this is tangentially related because against the better and more coordinated teams, you would at most see 1 BT and 1 DS anymore, so their hook rushes would still come at a significant risk for them. For a more specific thing, I think BT and DS should be disabled once the EGC has begun. In the endgame the killer regularly has no choice but to hardcamp a hook if they don't want to let that survivor get out for free, and this is especially true because any unhook could mean BT and DS coming into play. Without BT and DS available in the endgame, killers are if anything more free to roam around because unhooks don't mean guaranteed escapes to nearly the same extent. Not only that, but I would even go farther and make it so that exit gate progress regresses at half a charge a second, meaning that if you want to leave gates 99'd in order to delay the EGC, you have to keep standing there buffering the progress, or risk it resetting to 0 over the next 40 seconds. This would of course force survivors to actually open the gates much more frequently, giving killers a slight edge (and disabling BT/DS). In turn, I would make it so DS can activate up two twice per match, however only being active for half the duration (30 seconds) and also only stunning for half the duration (2.5 seconds) the second time around.

  • I don't think hook grabs are the reason for facecamping. See Bubba. Or just anyone who's worked out if you hit a healthy survivor before they get in for the save you have time to down them before the unhook completes.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    I don't think hook grabs are the reason for facecamping. See Bubba. Or just anyone who's worked out if you hit a healthy survivor before they get in for the save you have time to down them before the unhook completes.

    As I said, this would solve the issue of facecamping for most killers, indeed with exceptions (Bubba, (perma) Tier 3 or 99% Tier 2 Myers, Iridescent Head Huntress and Pinky Finger Clown, Oni in Fury). But that's a minority.

    Without STBFL you regularly cannot down a survivor before the unhook goes through if you hit them around the hook, not if they don't mess up royally.