Just Saying Hello...
Relatively new to this game... but not to online gaming. Been playing PC games since 1994... Back when we were learning to "lag shoot" playing Mechwarrior 2 on the Kali servers over a 56K dialup connection. So yeah.... I'm older than probably most here. Most of the people I end up in a match with, are probably my kids ages... who are the reason I am here.
We get together here once a week and play SWF matches until enough of their friends join us, then move to custom matches, rotating as the killer. It's a ton of fun... and it's a way for us to do something together we all enjoy... even though we aren't even in the same state. Though... I did vow years ago to stop playing shooter games with my son, after watching him lob knives across the map at me while playing Call of Duty... and being hit when he didnt even have line of sight on me. Or the time he totally wiped an old Army buddy of mine... who is an actual sniper... who called me after and said "I am never playing with your son again... I kill people for a living, and I never even saw him!" Those memories were brought back swiftly, when my son (playing huntress) hit me with an axe, from across the map, through a doorway, through a building, through a window, while I was running past the other side of it. Good times :)
But... as it would happen... I ended up loving the game just on my own. So I play a few matches when I get home from work each day. Even dragged a buddy I work with into it.
When I picked up the game... I got all of it. I started playing when the Hellraiser DLC was released, so my first killer was PInhead... and wow... did I suck horribly at him. Took forever to get the hang on his chain attack... but I moved on other killers from there.
I "guess" I would be considered a killer main. I run Plague most of the time, switching over to Spirit from time to time as well... and I really enjoy them both. Plague is my favorite... I literally laugh when I puke on people... and learning to get more distance out of the vomit than survivors expect has been fun. Spirit is fun too... and I don't think the nerf is as bad as some do. I have started playing Artist a little... and yeah, the "Crow-Sonar" is insane. I thought it might be a bit much when I tried her, then when I ended up facing her and watched her systematically target every generator on the map... yeah. Makes it pretty had to do gens when you have to keep pulling off to dodge crow shaped artillery.
As a killer... I don't camp... It's just bad manners. I don't see the fun in it. I also don't tunnel... but I will say this... FFS... can you wait until I am a few steps away to unhook someone? If I am right there when you do it, I am gonna turn around and swing... and someone is getting hit.
T-bagging at the exit gates, and whiners in post match chat dont bother me, because I play fair. I spread out the hits and hooks, I move away from the hook and look for someone else to chase, and I try not to go after the same person. We are all here to have fun, and if your idea of fun was me "letting" everyone escape... well... killers are here to have fun too.
T-bag and taunt me during the match though? You are going on a hook as fast as I can get you there.
I do tend to let the last survivor go if the match was a good one. Even if I could clearly get a 4K match. I have dropped plenty of players on the hatch, or led them to it, or dropped them at the gate. Its nice when I get a "thanks" at the end... but its rare, and its no big deal when I dont. As long as we had fun.
My current go-to survivors are Ace (my first one... because he's kinda me) and Nea (because the crouchy-crouchy thing is fun for me) I will probably try Jonah soon too.
This will "most likely" be my only post here... its more of a wave to those I have been in matches with, and to those I will be. Video game forums (bulletin boards for old timers like me) have not changed... at all. I read them now for entertainment when I am drinking coffee in the morning... to get updates from the devs... and a few ideas here and there. There will always be people (and always have been) that come here to complain because they want something changed to benefit them, rant about changes being made, rant about others, hone their trolling skills, or swing their flaming keyboard warrior swords around. Doesn't do anything for me.
Well... this ended up being a much longer "Hello DBD People" post than I had planned on. But... that's who I am, and I look forward to seeing everyone in the fog.
<S>
Comments
Hello random player.
Hi there and welcome to the forums!
(didn’t read your whole post since I just look in here between games..)
Hello there.
Hi
Hello welcome. We hope you enjoy your time here :)
Honestly I wanted to write something but Im not a man of word. Here is a pic : D
And another hello back to everyone... :))
Welcome to the forum!
We like to complain here but there are pictures of cute cows and cute drawings floating around here so it's not all bad
Hey, and welcome in!
Seems like we have a bit in common - I'm also a Plague main and I try to avoid camping and tunneling (if someone gets unhooked in front of me, I try to give them a grace period, and if the unhooker disappears and I need pressure, I just knock the player down and leave them for someone to pick back up), though I massive SMH when someone unhooks in front of me, or leads me halfway across the map to unhook a player. Sometimes I'll go after survivors specifically because I think they're awful teammates and it'd be a shame if they escaped.
I also like giving hatch, but any BMers have to end the trial on a hook. You wanted my attention, now enjoy it.
Neas scare me, but I love each and every Ace. They're such chads, whether they're bringing me random Ace In The Hole'd items or looping the killer for two and a half minutes while that cocky smirk never falters. And hot damn, but his cosmetics...
Moo
Hello - Welcome to The Fog!
Enjoy your stay.
*hands 'Report' button and Welcome Package*
welcome to the fog! :)
Hello. I'm a Huntress "main", I never camp nor tunnel. At least, not on purpose. I mean, if I go away from the hook and the unhooked one is right in front of me one minute later, I won't ignore them.
I think you're older than me, but I feel less alone to be the "old one". I'm only 32, but been playing since I'm a kid. I started a few years after you: in 1996. :)
Just a bit older... 20 years :)