Should Hex: Pentimento counter Boons?
Hex: Pentimento sounds great on paper, and could have been game changing, possibly even a new meta perk if it was released before the last chapter.
Unfortunately now we have these pesky things called Boons, and because of them survivors never want to cleanse totems anymore
I’ve been using this hex perk on every build with the artist so far since she was released, and I’ve literally had 3 games so far where I’ve gotten some value, and it’s only ever been two rekindled totems max. Most games though I get zero value, even when I bring other Hex’s they’ll just blessed instead of cleansed
So my question is should Pentimento work on blessed totems as well? It could be a great counter to Boons and offer a back and fourth/ tug of war situation with survivors.
- Killer brings a Hex
- Survivor blesses Hex
- Killer rekindles blessed totem
- Survivor permanently cleanses rekindled totem
This could make for much more fun and balanced totem interactions rather than the current system where survivors can keep on re-blessing the same totem again and again and again
This change would allow survivors to keep their strong totems while offering killers actual counter play to them and making them a finite resource rather than an infinite re-blessings that we have now
Comments
Only if it also takes killer 14 seconds to setup, 24 on a hex/boon.
I think it should be tested at the very least to give it a chance. The perk feels almost useless in an actual match unless paired and even then it doesn't seem great, at least in my own experience.
I think it should work just as you pointed out. It'd be a very decent counter to boons and because there are 5 totems, chances are in a normal match survivors wouldn't even run out of totem spots before the match is over and the killer would still get some value.
I think it'd be a fantastic change.
Pentimento would actually be great if you could turn Boons into Reklinded totems. It would be a great perk to counter them and I don't really see the problem because the killer is spending 1/4 of his build to it.
The effect is far too strong for something like that. I'll not deny that boons make this perk significantly less consistent, but it's still possible to use and it has pretty severe penalties for the survivors if you get it working.
The last line you gave is another reason not to do it; that'd make boons finite. Granted, that's less of a terrible idea when it's a perk that does it, but it's still not great to hard shut off boons as a concept.
3s/6s and you've got a deal.
Question: Do Survivors have the option to cleanse a Totem if they have a Boon perk equipped, or is their only option to bless a Totem?
It needs something, because right now it's useless except in VERY niche builds.
I’m for Pentimento being able to convert a cleansed totem or a Boon totem into a Pentimento Hex. That would allow survivors to either
I think this would give some good potential back and forth between survivors and the killer on the totems, and put the decisions in the hands of the survivors whether to continue fighting over the spot or remove it from play forever.
a totem should only be only to be boon twice before it breaks. twins is pain rn. :(
there are 4 survivors and one killer, if survivors can't progress the game while killer is setting up then sure
Thats a terrible suggestion, and before you go saying any "WeLl FaIr Is FaIr" comments, look at gen kicking vs gen tapping
They have the option for both.
They can also, at any time they want, regardless of if their boon was taken away, replace the boon on another totem. (In other words, reposition the Boon.)