The new map is way too big

So it seems that we are once again with a new map, however just like the majority of the previous ones. They are just too big, I had lethal one my demo and I had to squint to see the auras as they were so tiny when I loaded into the map. I cant tell if its as big or even bigger than mothers dwelling but boy is it rough. I dont understand why maps need to be so huge when theres quite a few killers that dont have movement(IE: nurse, spirit, etc) Not to mention that survivors can easily see me from far away so the moment they see the demoboi stomping their way then they take off running before I can even get there.

Comments

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    So it seems that we are once again with a new map, however just like the majority of the previous ones. They are just too big, I had lethal one my demo and I had to squint to see the auras as they were so tiny when I loaded into the map. I cant tell if its as big or even bigger than mothers dwelling but boy is it rough. I dont understand why maps need to be so huge when theres quite a few killers that dont have movement(IE: nurse, spirit, etc) Not to mention that survivors can easily see me from far away so the moment they see the demoboi stomping their way then they take off running before I can even get there.

    that moment when he mentions the two strongest killers who have slow movement speed and forgets deathslinger

    UK_storeBackground.png

    He is truly forgotten after all isn't he

    fading away

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297411/the-new-map-is-way-too-big

    that moment when he mentions the two strongest killers who have slow movement speed and forgets deathslinger

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GXJZLZHVOXUU/uk-storebackground.png

    He is truly forgotten after all isn't he

    fading away

    ngl I mentioned those strong killers because they wouldnt have to worry as much about big maps due to their speed(teleporting and phasing). And honestly yea I completely forgot that deathslinger is a killer. I never see him after his nerf so the poor cowboy just goes poof in my mind.

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    So it seems that we are once again with a new map, however just like the majority of the previous ones. They are just too big, I had lethal one my demo and I had to squint to see the auras as they were so tiny when I loaded into the map. I cant tell if its as big or even bigger than mothers dwelling but boy is it rough. I dont understand why maps need to be so huge when theres quite a few killers that dont have movement(IE: nurse, spirit, etc) Not to mention that survivors can easily see me from far away so the moment they see the demoboi stomping their way then they take off running before I can even get there.

    It's...okay.

    It is large, but it's not especially dense - outside of the main central structure, which is a bit of a mess.

    Loops aren't horrible (at least none I've seen thus far) and it's visually stunning. Honestly, it's probably going to join Yamaoka on my 'good, balanced' maps list.

  • Just for reference its area is 9984 m² which is a common size. All the following maps are exactly 9984 m²

    • Eyrie of Crows
    • Ormond
    • both Yamaoka Estate maps
    • Temple of Purgation
    • Fractured Cowshed
    • Groaning Storehouse
    The Realms are semi-procedural locations within the World of The Entity . Each Realm was the site of a violent tragedy in the past and they now serve as the Arenas for The Entity's trials. The location of the trial is chosen by The Entity. Players can influence The Entity's choice by burning certain Offerings . Trial locations have certain fixed landmarks, but elements such as player starting locations, Generators , Chests Lockers , Totems and Exit Gates are placed to The Entity's whims. Even th


  • I think the size of the map is fine. The main building is a problem because its too strong but you can always ignore it. The issue is going to be pyramid head is power is going to suffer in that map

  • @lovemeplz said:

    I think the size of the map is fine. The main building is a problem because its too strong but you can always ignore it. The issue is going to be pyramid head is power is going to suffer in that map

    There are some good windows in the man building. It feels really big but I think that's because all the gens are on the outskirts except for the one in main.

    I still think is big though

  • The map is gorgeous, but has some gameplay problems

    There are some massive deadzones. Entire corners of the map with zero playable tiles. Put an L/T or *something* in every corner. It feels extremely cheap to die to RNG.

    It's too big. I understand that it's the same size as other maps, but those maps are also too big. You make maps that are too big. Especially when you're adding verticality to them

    It's not far off from being a great map. Deadzones/RNG (as always) need to be addressed.

  • Another problematic map for basic M1 killers. I got it once yesterday and as pretty as it might be its very survivor sided at least in my opinion.

  • The main building is a monster. There's good windows on it, and there's at least 2-3 god pallets upstairs where you physically can't continue chases if you don't break them. It's all round a terribly designed building, let alone on such a giant map.

  • Definitely not a Trapper or Hag map I can say that... I dont remember seeing any greenery at all. It's so bare. The new map was definitely designed for the new killer, what with all the walls and structures around the map that cant be used well by either side. Just a very open map until you get into the main building... kinda reminds me of a few maps

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    So it seems that we are once again with a new map, however just like the majority of the previous ones. They are just too big, I had lethal one my demo and I had to squint to see the auras as they were so tiny when I loaded into the map. I cant tell if its as big or even bigger than mothers dwelling but boy is it rough. I dont understand why maps need to be so huge when theres quite a few killers that dont have movement(IE: nurse, spirit, etc) Not to mention that survivors can easily see me from far away so the moment they see the demoboi stomping their way then they take off running before I can even get there.

    i played for 5 hours today and didn’t get that new map once😡

  • @dugman said:

    Just for reference its area is 9984 m² which is a common size. All the following maps are exactly 9984 m²

    • Eyrie of Crows
    • Ormond
    • both Yamaoka Estate maps
    • Temple of Purgation
    • Fractured Cowshed
    • Groaning Storehouse

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Realms

    I think all of those maps are too big myself imo. I'd like to see more maps shrunk the size of, say, Coal Tower and Dead Dawg personally.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297411/the-new-map-is-way-too-big

    i played for 5 hours today and didn’t get that new map once😡

    I played 3 matches and 2 of them were Crow map : D

    As Trapper


    @[Deleted User] said:

    The map is gorgeous, but has some gameplay problems

    There are some massive deadzones. Entire corners of the map with zero playable tiles. Put an L/T or *something* in every corner. It feels extremely cheap to die to RNG.

    It's too big. I understand that it's the same size as other maps, but those maps are also too big. You make maps that are too big. Especially when you're adding verticality to them

    It's not far off from being a great map. Deadzones/RNG (as always) need to be addressed.

    In my opinion, if you keep having the same wall title (example 10 walls title) while have a smaller map. Those wall titles would be extremely close to each other. It would be almost impossible to mind game, when survivor can quick and quiet to the next wall title and you still mind game yourself at the current one (Cowshed & Crotus have a possible loops just right outside shack for example). It may favor to survivor side alot more.

    But yes, those dead zone at corner make many parts of map so useless.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669792#Comment_2669792

    I played 3 matches and 2 of them were Crow map : D

    As Trapper

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669756#Comment_2669756

    In my opinion, if you keep having the same wall title (example 10 walls title) while have a smaller map. Those wall titles would be extremely close to each other. It would be almost impossible to mind game, when survivor can quick and quiet to the next wall title and you still mind game yourself at the current one (Cowshed & Crotus have a possible loops just right outside shack for example). It may favor to survivor side alot more.

    But yes, those dead zone at corner make many parts of map so useless.

    I was getting frustrated every time I didn’t get the map. At least I went up against the artist multiple times today that was fun

  • @dugman said:

    Just for reference its area is 9984 m² which is a common size. All the following maps are exactly 9984 m²

    • Eyrie of Crows
    • Ormond
    • both Yamaoka Estate maps
    • Temple of Purgation
    • Fractured Cowshed
    • Groaning Storehouse

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Realms

    Yeah, but this map has way better main building. You can waste a lot of time there with those god pallets.

  • IMO the only issue with the map is the main building. It shouldn't have any windows or pallets in its second floor, or maybe just remove that second floor altogether. Maybe lower the map's size a teeny bit.