the ultimate anti genrush build is coming tomorrow!
Corrupted intervention 120 seconds without having 2 gens done in the first 2 minutes
POP: removing progress they made in their face
Deadlock: stopping a 2 gen pop within 10 seconds of the first one
Scourge hooks: pain resonance: knowing which gen is worked on and which one to POP
Killers who hate getting genrushed, have the control now!
Survivors who love to hold M1 to end games in 3 minutes, time to use your ASDW and fight true pressure
Comments
Pffff take It Easy Man, gen Rush never dices jajaja
It's all fun and games until the gen you need to pop is deadlocked.
Just do entities lol
would y'all stop with this.....
Just do forums.
Ok fine I’ll stop.
maybe
Not trying to be harsh, but that build...isn't going to work. It's different components have an anti-synergy.
That said, I'm wary about investing too heavily into regression. If you aren't able to reliably pressure (and know where to pressure), all the regression in the world isn't going to save you.
My build is going to look something like PR+Agitation+BBQ/Discordance/CI+Monitor/Devour Hope/Plaything. I might even build something gimmicky involving Plaything+Retribution+Pentimento.
I needed a good chuckle and this provided
just don't stop.
that build is actually on a bucket list of mine.
reverse bucket list, since it's about deaths, but still.
I won’t, don’t worry.
You could also replace Pop with either
Yeah I don't like running pop with deadlock for this reason.
Plaything/retribution/pentimento sounds interesting though; I do think plaything is the best way to actually get pentimento value since it encourages survivors to cleanse totems and not boon them, especially if no one else can interact with it for 90 seconds.
The big problem with Pentimento is that they will A. likely know where the totems are, B. It's going to be an annoying side objective for...mediocre gains, C. It requires Survivors to cleanse 5 totems (not a guarantee, especially when they guess you are running it) and D. by the time you have all 5 lit, the match is already over.
Pretty much. I don't think it's a good perk, but if you want to use it that's how I'd go about it.
Use thrilling tremors instead of deadlock.
It'll provide more information to you about which generators are being worked on to allow you to decide which generator you actually want to contest with pop.
Nerfed within a month, a little to strong for the casual players
I'm wondering about the viability of an Agitation+PR+GOP+Starstruck 'hook monster' build.
Petimento +plaything maybe.
Watch me genrush that build every game
I hate Deadlock with Pop. It denied me pop multiple times during my testing.
I want to try build: Pop, Pain resonance, Surge / Eruption, Thrilling Tremors
Cmon, let us have some hope...
Ok then, I will do some bones to waste time
Thank you. Your help is highly appreciated.
You do know they fixed the description to its the second totem? I feel like as soon as that regression penalty shows up they will be off to cleans that last totem they just did. I really don't think it will ever get pass 2 tokens. Just my opinion though
I was so sad when they nerfed it in first hour of PTB...
That perk might be good, if gen penalty was first token.
Oh yeah I know they changed it and I completely agree it sucks. It'll never get past 2, maybe 3 if you're lucky. As long as the survivors are halfway decent they're going to know where those totems are since they already did them.
That build is just a hypothetically interesting way to use the perk despite it being bad.
Ruin, Plaything, Petimento, Thrill of the Hunt might be interesting..
not sure if Thrill of the Hunt works for Petimento tho
Problem is that new map has really, really bad totem spawns that are visible across the whole map and sometimes multiple totems next to each other.
It's amazing they still didn't learn how to hide totems...
I just don't think there should ever exist totem spawn visible from more than 4 meters. Make that survivors actually have to look there to see it...
I'd imagine the slowdown does since that applies to all totems but idk if a rekindled totem gives you a token back or not. That was an oversight on the PTB with small game, you could cleanse 9 totems and it became worthless since it made the detection range 0 degrees.
Even if it doesn't give stack back.
This build is countered with Boons, right? and Thrill of the Hunt is closest to what we have as "counter" to boons.
Yep, boons just shut pentimento down.
The advantage plaything gives you is that if the oblivious survivor doesn't have boons, but someone else does and they want to bless it to avoid pentimento, they have to wait out the 90 seconds.
Logic of this build:
Ruin -> force survivors to care about totem
Plaything -> create more hexes
Petimento -> more slow
Thrill of the Hunt -> make boons less issue for you
Main problem of this build: Plaything can't spawn over boons, which I still think is super dumb. I don't think it is going to be good build, but if you combine it with secondary power (slow) killer like Pig? That might be a lot of fun
Cenobite might work too, but I really hate him.
Lol, I posted almost the exact same build in another thread just yesterday. 😄 The Uber Carrier Scourge Hook build seems fun.
For what I heard the perk never worked as described originally it was always activated on the second totem they just fixed the description.
I don't think it was changed the description was wrong. You can even throw TOTH to make sure there's no blessing going on. I hope it works out well maybe not meta but worth using.
Yeah, it would be really good, if it was as described originally.
We will see if anyone is quite to play it after first few days... Doubt it.
But scourge perk should be fine.
In my opinion dead lock sucks and not worth a slot
This isn't as strong as you think it is. Besides, Pop requires you to actually get hooks on multiple people for maximum efficiency. Basing what amounts to your entire gen regression around one perk that is supported by 3 others isn't exactly the best idea.
Okay I will do entity
wait
Running Pop with Deadlock sounds like a bad idea because Deadlock can stop you from popping the gen that most needs popping.