Punish the unhooker for unsafe hooks instead of buffing unsafe hooks
I wish the developers took this route because with the previous hook changes, they just encouraged farming and as a community, we don't want that. I understand that when the hooked survivor gets farmed, the changes gives them a more of a chance to survive but why do this when the developers can make changes to PREVENT unsafe hooks from occurring in the first place? Now, we cannot control what people will do but we can discourage unsafe unhooks for the unhooker. Here's the elephant in the room, how can we punish unsafe hooks?
Here's what I will if I was a developer
Hook Changes:
-Exhaustion no longer resets upon getting hooked
Reasoning and justification:
-Invincible frames are no longer applied during the unhook animation for the hooked survivor.
Reasoning and justification:
Compensation
-The “Safe unhook” scoring event now awards 2,000 BP.
-The “Unhook” scoring event now awards 0 BP.
-We're Gonna Live Forever will now award two tokens when the survivor gets the “Safe unhook” scoring event instead of awarding tokens when performing a unhook.
Reasoning and justification:
I'm willing to discuss any complaints with the community. Remember, civilized feedback and criticism is appreciated, don't be afraid to say your opinion.
Comments
Sometimes a risky unhook is necessary, for instance it's much better to try to get a survivor unhooked if they're about to go into phase 2 even if the killer is nearby. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Getting 0 BP is way too harsh. It's fine as it is now.
For your second point, just take a hit for the survivor to prevent this. Tru3ta1ent does this a lot and it's flawless tactic since you're wasting the killer's time.
And as for your second point, you cannot always take the hit.
"And as for your second point, you cannot always take the hit."
You're exactly right, great valid point! However you wouldn't be in that situation if you never did the unsafe unhook in the first place.
Overall, I understand both sides of the argument but I really feel like we need to prevent this from happening in the first place rather than accepting it and making it more acceptable. Great points @brokedownpalace and thank you for being so civilized.
Maybe 2 stacks is a little to much. But the rest sounds solid.
-We're Gonna Live Forever will now award two tokens when the survivor gets the “Safe unhook” scoring event instead of awarding tokens when performing a unhook.
I think the devs try too hard to incentivise a certain gamestyle that they consider "fun".
Your opinion is how balance works? How do you mean that?
If you go for a risky unhook, then YOU should feel the risk, and not the victim on the hook that is farmed by you
I agree, but why remove I-frames and exhaustion reset? That doesn’t encourage farming, it’s the one saving grace to live a farmer.
I don't have a problem with exhaustion resetting on hook. It's fine honestly.
Second, there is a problem with camping that needs to be addressed. Playing as a killer, there's a stigma against killing a freshly unhooked survivor, even if it was done right in front of the killer's face. It's ridiculous that a killer feels pressured to automatically go after the "rescuer" even though he could insta-down the freshly unhooked survivor. I see popular killer streamers do it all the time. This is the most ridiculous arbitrary rule killer main's follow just to avoid being called a camper or "lol tunneler" even though they weren't trying to camp/tunnel in the first place.
With that being said, I absolutely agree survivor's unhooking a survivor directly in front of the killer/terror radius should be punished somehow. There's a time when it's necessary, for instance if a killer is face camping, but farming your teammate makes you a bad survivor and player. You unhook a survivor before the killer even has the opportunity to get in another chase, the killer doubles back and kills that survivor. You just got your teammate killed again. You're a bad player and should be punished for it. This isn't the killers fault, it's your fault.
Let's be realistic here, what actually happens? The bad survivors QQ in end game chat on how bad the killer is because he is camper/tunneler. Frankly, the community needs to figure it out and learn what face camping and tunneling actually is.
Yeah, that’s the thing. I want camping to not be possible, but it’s not the killers fault. It shouldn’t be punished. It’s a stupid mechanic that forces another player to not play for 2 minutes. It shouldn’t exist. This game has so many fundamental issues at its core.
OP is just a noob camper that wants more camping buffs.
Lol , I thought it was a thread by a survivor complaining about being farmed but I see it's a crybaby killer who wants his easy camp and be able to down people right off the hook to easy eliminate them and completely ignore the unhooker and go around them to hit the unhooked, which kinda totally the opposite of fixing the farming xD
Pretty sure the devs won't listen to this crybaby idea.
It doesnt encourage farming. It punishes the killer for a survivor misplay.
The farmer should be punished because he is the one doing the misplay
Nobody cares about rank
Yes, I can definitely tell that you two are the bigger baby in this thread, do me a favor and grow up. Perhaps giving me reasoning on WHY you disagree with me can help me make both sides happy but that's just too much to ask for isn't it?
OR the killer could get greedy, down the unhooked survivor and chase after you thinking he'll get 2 for one. Then your other teammates come in and heal the survivor on the ground.
I'd be down for this.
I would add that the i-frames are also removed from kobes to force players to use them wisely instead of just trying to unhook themselves in the Killer's face. If the Survivor does kobe near the Killer, then they deserve to go right back on the hook.
Just wanted to comment that nothing is more satisfying than hitting the unhooked survivors with a hatchet and then chasing down the survivor who made the unsafe unhook. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
As for actual contribution to this discussion, I got nothing :-)