Should you try new slinger? (ex-slinger main)

Short answer - no.

Long answer - nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comments

  • as a former Deathslinger main myself, i approve of this message.

  • As someone who has never played Gunslinger, could I still have fun with him?

  • I didn't have fun with him pre nerf so I agree.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    As someone who has never played Gunslinger, could I still have fun with him?

    No you'll only get bullied by swfs

  • He was already very middling to mediocre before his nerfs. Now he's just dead.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    As someone who has never played Gunslinger, could I still have fun with him?

    No. Don't do it.

  • I never played slinger, how bad is the nerf?

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    As someone who has never played Gunslinger, could I still have fun with him?

    You would be better off playing Huntress or Trickster imo.

    Deathslinger sits at a weird spot where he doesn't do anything better than either of them.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Short answer - no.

    Long answer - nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    I never mained him but he feels awful to play now. They been doing pretty good on making killers feel good to play but Billy and Slinger are ridiculous.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    As someone who has never played Gunslinger, could I still have fun with him?

    If you run the Bayshores cigar and Chewing tobacco together, it can be fun if you don't get good players. Same with double reload and double chain.

    It all comes down to if the survivors you verse are good, if they are Id argue he's one of the least fun killers to play.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664890#Comment_2664890

    You would be better off playing Huntress or Trickster imo.

    Deathslinger sits at a weird spot where he doesn't do anything better than either of them.

    I already play Trickster. Huntress, not so much. But Slinger looks fun! I really like that you think you got away and then bam, he's got you and reeling you back in!

  • @Lawlichan said:

    I never played slinger, how bad is the nerf?

    imagine you got a really nice ice cream.

    now imagine someone came over, knocked it out of your hand and stepped on it 15 times before slapping you in the face.

    thats pretty much how it feels to play current Deathslinger in comparison to his old version.

  • As a current Slinger main, I still enjoy playing him. For anyone learning him, he will definitely be hard to get used to.

  • @Lawlichan said:

    I never played slinger, how bad is the nerf?

    Really bad for all skillsets of slinger players:

    Newer slingers can no longer rely on monitor to prevent W keying, so they either have to learn map wide zoning and hard 3 genning with him (which takes quite a lot of time, hence why there was very few actual good slingers.) or eat the fat W key.

    Mediocre slingers can no longer rapidly zone (which is a good thing), this means they have to learn shots and become better.

    BUT

    For good slingers hitting unpredictable nice shots against good players is borderline impossible with 0.4 second ADS. You are forced to zone even more than old slinger and he's incredibly painful to learn if you weren't already good with him.


    Basically he became easily one of the least fun killers to play in the game no matter how good or bad with him you were.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664897#Comment_2664897

    imagine you got a really nice ice cream.

    now imagine someone came over, knocked it out of your hand and stepped on it 15 times before slapping you in the face.

    thats pretty much how it feels to play current Deathslinger in comparison to his old version.

    fr? when I read the patch notes it sounded like a very minor nerf, apparently they did him dirty

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664897#Comment_2664897

    Really bad for all skillsets of slinger players:

    Newer slingers can no longer rely on monitor to prevent W keying, so they either have to learn map wide zoning and hard 3 genning with him (which takes quite a lot of time, hence why there was very few actual good slingers.) or eat the fat W key.

    Mediocre slingers can no longer rapidly zone (which is a good thing), this means they have to learn shots and become better.

    BUT

    For good slingers hitting unpredictable nice shots against good players is borderline impossible with 0.4 second ADS. You are forced to zone even more than old slinger and he's incredibly painful to learn if you weren't already good with him.

    Basically he became easily one of the least fun killers to play in the game no matter how good or bad with him you were.

    oh wow that sucks

  • @Lawlichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664907#Comment_2664907

    fr? when I read the patch notes it sounded like a very minor nerf, apparently they did him dirty

    no it really wasnt a minor nerf.

    the attack cooldown after dropping ADS is fine i think, that one i would call a minor nerf.

    but the TR increase from 24m to 36m was extremely unnecessary. it wasnt a huge nerf, but it removed his most unique (and fun) trait, that being the ability to sneak up on people.

    but the removal of the quickscope is what really hit hard. quickscoping was all he had, it was everything that made him strong - and now its gone.

    prior to his nerf, Deathslinger was a unique and interesting Killer who was arguably on par with Huntress (maybe a little worse) - now after his nerf, he is nothing but a bad copy of Huntress - utterly outclassed by everything she can do with no more things that are unique to him.

    and as if they wanted to add insult to injury, the Devs made him slightly faster while in ADS (still slower than a running Survivor, so you still lose distance on them) - something you never want to do with Deathslinger in the first place, therefore a completely useless "buff".

  • I went from 1 Slinger game everyday to 1 every week.

  • Other than Pinhead, he is the only Killer I didn't unlock yet. Probably will get him for his perks anyway, as I have 50K shards stacked up.

    It's a real shame to hear he's been gutted so hard though. I started playing this game late last year, so I've now seen at least two Killers that I won't ever get to play in their prime (Billy and now Slinger)

  • @GannTM said:

    #RevertSlinger

    #RevertSlinger

    BHVR will surely listen.....

    image.png


  • You want to notice something funny? The last stats they released about kill rates were the first not to also include pick rates. My opinion is that they don't care anymore if some killers are never played, just look how they gutted Billy, Twins, Freddy and now Slinger. For me that's just another strat to sell Trickster, as a lot of Slinger players seem to have transitioned to him.