Hatch shutting
When is this going to be a thing because I am sick of hatch stand offs where all killers get screwed in the backside constantly by toxic survivors. I would love to just be able to shut the hatch and force survivors to do the gens instead of taking the easy way out.
Comments
Agreed. Unless you slug #3 to coax #4 out of hiding, may as well say "GG" and let them have the hatch. I loathe having to camp a hatch standoff for several minutes and would rather be doing something constructive... like sealing the hatch and continuing fair play. Dunno why this wasn't implemented after watching streams from the PTB show it working very well for both sides. Just seems logical to put it in by now.
So one got away. One survivor probably felt good while escaping a bad match. Why shouldn't players have the chance to get out of a hopeless endeavour without dc'ing?
It takes two to participate in a hatch standoff. Only the killer has the power to force the other one to end the stand-off, smack em and move onto the next game.
Thats actually wrong.
If the killer takes action he loses immediately. The survivor can always try to do gens instead
What losing? If there's 3 dead and it's the last survivor the killer already won. It's the sweaty 4K Ego that gets in the way of not letting the survivor go.
Not really. the survivor can stay there forever until they get the standoff they want, and hold the game hostage until they get it.
Reporting them works, IIRC.
What? The killer can hit them and end the standoff in a second? What are you guys on about?
I don't know why they removed it, I thought it was balanced on both sides. I hope it comes back!
That's the standoff, isn't it?
What if the killer has to find the hatch, and the survivor is standing on it, teabagging?
What if the killer doesn't want to find the hatch?
Survivors know that they're basically safe near the hatch short of being grabbed.
What if the gates are open, and the survivor decides to sneak around until they find the hatch, and makes it difficult to find them?
These aren't uncommon scenarios.
Not uncommon scenarios at all. It is definately annoying once the gates are open and the pesky survivor is creeping around while i check the gates.
Sorry i was talking about the face to face standoff. Where the killer and the survivor are both at the hatch playing the waiting game.
So was I. If they don't jump in immediately, they can bait the killer, and jump before they get into grab range. They can demand you do a hatch standoff, basically.
I don't think they ever officially introduced it. All I know of is the PTB test where you could shut the hatch and open both exits.
I'm thinking revisiting that idea might be a good one.
Nothing wrong with the hatch as it is. Keep it for the ones that want to do it. I love watching Entitylefthand and his standoffs.
Just let them take it. Don't waste your time on it. You can be earning bp instead of playing their stupid game. But yeah, I hope it will be implemented soon. Specifically for those p3 urban evading Claudettes who do nothing the entire game
In fact, you can even only back pip with a 4k
Why is the survivor entitled to the escape, but not the killer to a kill he earned?
The survivor can jump and end the standoff in a second?
No, doing gens will take some time but it wont take forever.
A hatch standoff however can literally take forever
And yet they will stand there for as long as it takes for the killer to hit them and let them escape during the cooldown/invulnerability period.
It's not the time that survivors aren't prepared to waste. It's that if they're on gens, they're vulnerable. But if the killer and survivor are both on the hatch, the survivor is safe.
The only advantage the killer has, is that they can legit AFK (e.g. go for a smoke/toilet break) and body block the hatch. The survivor has to be ready (ish) to respond if the killer hits them.
Well the survivor can go afk too and come back later. The killer has to be ready to respond if the survivors jumps in
Yeah, but if he actually leaves the room, the killer can hit, cooldown, hit and pick-up. Whereas killer can full-on bugger off, block the hatch, and the survivor can't do anything (well... he could go off and do gens, I suppose).
Bit hypothetical since you'd never know if the other person has really put down the controller and left, or not.
It's a dumb scenario for both. Not something I ever participate in TBH.
Edit: Many edits, because I can't type for ######### today.
Yeah , last guy getting a hatch after you killer all the others is obviously the biggest issue in the game that they gotta fixs asap xD
Honestly , I hope it never happens just because crybabies like OP have too big of an ego to hit the survivor and let them go because oh nooo booohooo they will win and the killer apparently loses ;(
Most of those killers who cry about hatch standoffs think that it's losing , so they feel ribbed or something, which is funny.
Both sides are at fault in this. The survivors could try and finish the gens, but most won't. They're more than happy to get into that stand-off, so don't blame some killers for being just as stubborn.
Because they don't deserve it. When they played bad, they don't deserve the win. Simple as that!
what an ego...
I've literally had rounds where I was the only survivor doing a damned thing. I got 3 gens done by myself, other survivors were busy getting camped/killed.
(in essence this means that without their distractions I couldn't have gotten those gens, but still.)
and I ultimately ended up having to find the hatch because the killer was keeping a good patrol on the last remaining gens.
to take the hatch option away is just flat out BS and any killer who whines about it needs to take some time to check their entitled attitudes.
even in the other scenario of having two DC'ing and one killed... that lone survivor got handed a really bad hand and if they managed to find the hatch and escape, they deserve it just as much as the killer deserves the kill.
and I main killer, so don't come at me with that survivor mentality crap either. I'm more than happy to accept losing one survivor to the hatch, cause if I play well (and fair) then I have plenty of BP anyway.
My 2 cents are.
Any survivor within the radius of the Hatch is granted the Exposed Effect.
As soon as you hear the "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah" from the Hatch, you're exposed.
Forces the survivor to play tactically when the Hatch is open, gives the Killer time to look for the Survivor. If you're a survivor around the Hatch and Killer is there, go do a Generator. If you're camping the Hatch before killer arrives, you escape.
Both sides are happy, seems fair to me.
Done.
Or do what I do if the survivor gets to the hatch first, hit them right away and enjoy the 300 blood points and move on to the next match.
Nothing cracks me up more than a killer shaking their head at me while I'm on top of the hatch. As if that's going to make me give up or something. Silly.
Yeah, it's really funny when crappy players get 2 gens down, 3 die and the last alive gets to live.
It's hilarious to reward bad players.
Clap
clap
Or start a virtual arm-wrestling competition where both have to button mash. That'd show who really has the determination to sit there and claim the hatch.