Welp, It's Passed midnight in my region, Guess I'll play killer

There's just something about the late night atmosphere of this game, and Really it's the best time to play killer:

You literally have the lowest wait times

get matched with both good and terrible players,

and above all just don't have to give a damn about their "fun" as most of them present builds and items that don't give a damn about yours.

Ahhhh, The way this game is meant to be played... Brutal, unforgiving, and honest!

If they're moaning over chat, just close or ignore it, because after all, you did your job, they did theirs, and who's to argue any different? I love the freedom from it all, this whole feeling of the gloves are off, and anyone who complains is the real loser. This truely is the time that separates the true sportsmen, from the crybabies, and I love every second of it, Which is saying something because as a killer main, I haven't enjoyed most of my day games in over 3 months now... But this time of the night I treasure.

As always, I wish you all to Have fun, Feel free to be merciless or brutal no matter the builds you use, Survivor or Killer, and I'll see you in the fog (After midnight)!

Comments

  • @TWiXT said:

    There's just something about the late night atmosphere of this game, and Really it's the best time to play killer:

    You literally have the lowest wait times

    get matched with both good and terrible players,

    and above all just don't have to give a damn about their "fun" as most of them present builds and items that don't give a damn about yours.

    Ahhhh, The way this game is meant to be played... Brutal, unforgiving, and honest!

    If they're moaning over chat, just close or ignore it, because after all, you did your job, they did theirs, and who's to argue any different? I love the freedom from it all, this whole feeling of the gloves are off, and anyone who complains is the real loser. This truely is the time that separates the true sportsmen, from the crybabies, and I love every second of it, Which is saying something because as a killer main, I haven't enjoyed most of my day games in over 3 months now... But this time of the night I treasure.

    As always, I wish you all to Have fun, Feel free to be merciless or brutal no matter the builds you use, Survivor or Killer, and I'll see you in the fog (After midnight)!

    This is a video game, not a battlefield. Nothing wrong with playing to win but we aren't swinging axes at each other.

  • Technically speaking, regardless of when you play it's always after midnight.

  • You think true sportsmen are the people who aren't sportsmanlike? What a strange world you live in.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296300/welp-its-passed-midnight-in-my-region-guess-ill-play-killer

    This is a video game, not a battlefield. Nothing wrong with playing to win but we aren't swinging axes at each other.

    Other than Queue Times, I'm not saying that there's anything different in how one plays the game, simply that in the midnight hours, the game just flows more smoothly with quicker queue times and less toxic behavior for some reason, Dunno why, but it just feels like people who play at these hours have accepted the game for what it is, and play either side to both have fun and see if they can outsmart you, instead of the normal BS you get during the daytime.

    IDK... I just feel like, for the most part, People at these hours have a better respect for the game than those who play during the daytime hours.

    Is that weird? Is this just my own personal experience?

  • @RainehDaze said:

    You think true sportsmen are the people who aren't sportsmanlike? What a strange world you live in.

    IDK what the hell you mean, but what I mean is Killers or Survivors who will stick it out till the end, and accept their loss when it comes without Rage Quitting/complaining. You know, someone who uses a loss as a learning experience, and tries to adapt instead of someone who quits the moment things don't go their way, and doesn't give a damn about their team. No matter their tactics, you can't blame them for doing what they can with what they are given to achieve their goals.

    How is that UNSPORSTSMAN like?


    For further insight, HERE IS WHAT I BELIEVE:

    @TWiXT said:

    Due to the new Resident Evil Chapter release, we have received an influx of new players, and so I must start this post by saying:

    Welcome to Dead by Daylight, and I hope you are all having fun so far (despite how rough this chapters release has been)!

    That being said, you're likely to see a whole lot of forum posts, and/or chat messages citing "Made up Rules" Killers and Survivors should follow. Most, if not all of these are based on individual experiences, and are heavily biased for what ever side (Killer or Survivor) the posting member primarily plays, so before you comment or "side" with anyone, here is a list of unbiased "rules" that I believe everyone can get behind as a foundation to enjoying your experience in DbD:

    1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

    2 - If you show no respect... don't expect any.

    3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. This is the Hearts-blood Core reality of how this game is played! No matter how a killer or survivor(s) win the match, it's all part of the games design, and no one should waste any time or energy complaining about it as long as they've gained their victory using the legal mechanics, or tactics the game provides/allows them to achieve it!

    In other words ALL IS FAIR when it comes to playing the role you've chosen (unless cheating/hacking, but we'll get into that further down the list in rule 7). If there's anything you feel is unfair about either side:

    1. Reflect upon your own side and what tactics and builds you/your team are using to achieve your goal.
    2. Compare it to what your opponent(s) used to achieve theirs.
    3. If possible, strive to experience the other side FIRST before you post any complaints on the forums about your experience against your opposition.
    4. Ask yourself if there is something inherently broken in the games mechanics that needs to be addressed before you resort to posting your complaint (e.g. Encountering perks, items, add-ons, mechanics, or abilities that absolutely provide too much of an advantage to your opposition, and are un-counterable by anything you do. If there is a counter to these things, either discovered by yourself or researched, save your complaint and learn/employ said counter the next time you face it, if not... then by all means let the devs know by posting your complaint).

    Always remember, if your opponent won a match/trial while using the legal mechanics the game provides, it's not really their fault for taking advantage of it, is it? In other words, if you have a complaint you're just itching to express on the forums, you should first ensure that you're Legitimately Hating the game, not the player. As anything else will be seen as nothing more than a post filled with "banal whining" by the majority of the community.

    4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes!

    Don't kid yourself by thinking otherwise! Neither side is gonna roll over and just "let you win" when this happens, and not only do both sides know this... Realistically at that point the only job the killer role has is to secure kills since there aren't any gens left for them to protect, and the only job the survivors have is to escape with as many alive as possible.

    So, No matter what tactics or skills you employ at this period in the match/trial... The gloves are off! Recall rule 3, and feel free to do whatever it takes to achieve your goal. No one can blame you for whatever you do in the endgame, and if they do, for the most part they're just being sore sports.

    Enjoy your victory, or embrace your defeat. Either way, "When the gates are powered" is, more often than not, the most intense part of the trial, and you should take whatever advantages you can against your opposition as they (mostly) won't show any mercy towards you.

    5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to eventually win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, builds and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say in the post game chat or over the console chat system: Either Leave a "gg," or no message at all, and then calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match. This is just a game after all.

    6 - For PC players: Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you open it again. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Feel Free to Report the most egregious offenders, or otherwise Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

    For Console Players: I understand that many other players can/will attempt to contact you via the consoles messaging service, and that this can't always be ignored or shut off. None the less, you do not deserve abuse, and if anyone is violating that via text or voice messages, then they are violating the policies the consoles communication service stands for! Feel free to let your consoles administrators know that your rights to enjoy this game are being infringed upon by other players, or otherwise, if possible, try to simply ignore the messages they send you, and continue playing at your leisure.

    7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style, or Asymmetrical Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

    A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.

    A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or unintentional game mechanics, or bullying/griefing you. (Record if possible, and Report them after leaving the match.

    Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstance(s).

    Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players, Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Disconnecting is currently being punished for a good reason: Too many DC's from too many players results in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break if you need to, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the variation of each individual match.

    Don't be a petty DC'er.

    8 - For survivors: Rage Quitting via suicide on the hook is a unique option available to the survivor side of this game and is your choice, but If your suicide on the hook isn't advantageous to your team, as with rule 7, all it does is ruin the experience for the rest of your team, and piss everyone off. While it's not likely to ever be punished, it's still regarded by the community as a show of bad sportsmanship. If you don't at least try to play through until the end, regardless of the results, you are only hurting the experience for all other players both new and old, but it's with the new players where this hurts their game experience the most.

    Bad matches happen, we understand, but that's no reason "throw a game", especially over petty reasoning. Matches can turn around at the drop of a hat as long as everyone's still playing, and often do, but you won't experience that if you RQ on the hook, and by doing so you drastically affect the teams ability to pull off said "turn around". On top of this, it does nothing for your personal skill growth as a player, or your Blood Point/Experience gains, so there aren't really any reasons to do this other than petty/selfish ones.

    9 - Regarding "Toxic" behavior: Killers have a limited but impactful set of behaviors that are, by and large, considered "Toxic" by the community, but survivors have far more of these "Toxic" behaviors available to them. The reason for this is because... while killers can only be "Toxic" towards survivors, Survivors can be "Toxic" to either the killers or their fellow survivors.

    I'm certain many of you have either experienced these behaviors, or have seen them reported/complained about on the forums, and While a decent amount of them don't fit the "spirit" of the game... a surprising amount of them do!

    Please refer to this article:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    This outlines the basics of what is considered Reportable amounts of player Toxicity, but also defines what many consider to be "Toxic" behavior, as simply part of the game.

    That being said, there's still a lot of behaviors that, while not ban-able offenses, are ultimately considered "Toxic" by the community: Leaving a survivor to die on their first hook even though the killer isn't "Face-camping" them, Purposely "Sandbagging" another survivor so that they will get hit or downed by the killer, Face-camping in general, Slugging the Entire Survivor team until they bleed out, etc... While none of these behaviors are considered ban-able offenses, none of them are any fun for the victims, and They will let Behavior/the Devs know about it!

    I Urge all players to Recall Rule 2 when making these choices, and Have some common decency when you play! We're all players, and we all want to enjoy the game together, but when any Player(s) repetitively engage in these kinds of "Toxic Behavior" to the point that the community picks up on it, they have been known to outright Mercilessly attack/target these players, and with enough community pressure/collected evidence, some "toxic" players have been banned by the Devs due to enough community backlash over their antics (look up Ochido if you aren't convinced).

    There's only so much "Toxicity" this Community and the Devs CAN or WILL tolerate, as should be expected of any gaming community, so while it's "Okay" to have a little "Toxic" fun at others expenses from time to time, PLEASE, for your own sake... DON'T MAKE A HABIT OF IT!

    Consider yourselves Fairly Warned.

    10 - If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it...No matter what side you play. Half the fun is discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage.

    11 - Take the good with the bad in stride, rise to meet the challenge every new match presents, but overall... 

    have fun!

    Honestly, this is just a list of Common Sense spelled out for everyone to see. The inherent problem of "unwritten" or "Made up rules" is that they're more of guidelines that nobody is obligated to follow. I know that this list won't change everyone's minds, much less their playstyles, but I felt that if I expressed the rules I follow when playing this game for all to see, maybe others might have them in mind when playing, whether they choose to use them or not.

    To all you new players, again Welcome to DbD, I hope this was helpful for you, and if you are going to follow any "Made up Rules", I believe this is a good set to start off with.

    Any Praise, condemnation, Creative Criticisms or suggested additions to this list of rules are welcome! Please comment if you have anything to add or say.


  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657134#Comment_2657134

    IDK what the hell you mean, but what I mean is Killers or Survivors who will stick it out till the end, and accept their loss when it comes without Rage Quitting/complaining. You know, someone who uses a loss as a learning experience, and tries to adapt instead of someone who quits the moment things don't go their way, and doesn't give a damn about their team. No matter their tactics, you can't blame them for doing what they can with what they are given to achieve their goals.

    How is that UNSPORSTSMAN like?

    Because normally when somebody in this forum talks about crybabies, they seem to mean "people who don't like the teabag/clicky clicky brigade". It was hard to tell what you meant.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657141#Comment_2657141

    Because normally when somebody in this forum talks about crybabies, they seem to mean "people who don't like the teabag/clicky clicky brigade". It was hard to tell what you meant.

    I edited my previous reply with a list of "unwritten Rules" I believe in, not only because i wrote them, but because i wanted them to be as unbiased as possible, and practically follow them to the letter when playing myself. Give em a read if you want (admittedly it's an exhaustive post) or don't, the fact remains,: I never begrudge anyone using the tools the game gives them for any advantages, regardless of what side they are on. To me, that is what it means to be a sportsman, and anyone who disagrees are just littering these forums with banal whining.

  • Yeah nice try, i´m not going to give you shorter survivor queues by playing killer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Yeah nice try, i´m not going to give you shorter survivor queues by playing killer.

    think you're the only killer in this game? killer/survivor queues are only dependent on the time of day my man - instant killer queues at night, and instant survivor queues by day.

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657180#Comment_2657180

    think you're the only killer in this game? killer/survivor queues are only dependent on the time of day my man - instant killer queues at night, and instant survivor queues by day.

    Well i don´t see killers asking survivors to play more, soooo.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657184#Comment_2657184

    Well i don´t see killers asking survivors to play more, soooo.

    They really should play more survivor during the day. I shouldn't be forced to play at night just because I want to kill survivor mains...

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657186#Comment_2657186

    They really should play more survivor during the day. I shouldn't be forced to play at night just because I want to kill survivor mains...

    I have to work during the day. Is evening ok?

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657180#Comment_2657180

    think you're the only killer in this game? killer/survivor queues are only dependent on the time of day my man - instant killer queues at night, and instant survivor queues by day.

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657184#Comment_2657184

    Well i don´t see killers asking survivors to play more, soooo.

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2657186#Comment_2657186

    They really should play more survivor during the day. I shouldn't be forced to play at night just because I want to kill survivor mains...

    Oh, I'm not denying the time of day as much as I'm embellishing it. The real factor that makes playing in the evening as killer, especially passed midnight (in my area at least), vs. playing as survivor is not just limited to the wonderful queue times, but also the quality of the players still playing the game. At these hours I get the least toxic people to play against when playing the killer role... Let that sink in a bit. I don't know why this happens, but overall, I enjoy it far more than when I play in the daytime hours and have to put up with:

    The most toxic people who either equip the most broken things, but bemoan me for doing adapting in kind against them.

    Rage Quit/DC at the drop of a hat.

    Bully or attempt to Bully me when I play killer or worse, play survivor.

    Longer Queue times,

    And overall, the endgame messages are uniquely in the spirit of the game, and far less toxic or malevolent.

    (TBH, I'm a sadist IRL, and this used to please me immensely, since knowing I've bruised an ego or 2 when playing via their messages, made me tingle with excitement, but recently this has gotten stale, old, and less enticing. I used to think that making them vomit out their frustrations against me on their keyboards really meant I hurt them IRL and did my job right, which thrilled me, but after too many times of getting these kinds of responses over 1.5k hours... the thrill is gone, and now I'm stuck with finding other outlets for my tendencies as in all honesty... DbD is just too easy to elicit such responses.)


    Even I can't say why this is the case, but I can say that the people who are playing this game during the late hours are far better than those who play during the day, and that's something to be admired. Sure you still get a game with a toxic as hell SWF squad, here and there, but the frequency of that experience is minimal in the evening vs. the day.

    I Guess what I'm trying to say is that, playing killer in the late hours is far more rewarding and appreciated than it is during the day, and while can't explain why that is... I still love it.

  • I've noticed this weird phenomenon with killers low queue time at night and survivors low queue time in the day.

  • @Ussu said:

    I've noticed this weird phenomenon with killers low queue time at night and survivors low queue time in the day.

    well i can tell you this, solo survivor is a miserable experience compared to killer, so thats probably why. most people play with their friends at night.

  • I’d go to bed instead of develop an emotional reliance on coffee just so I can play killer.