What Do You *Like* About DbD?
As in - despite the things you dislike, what keeps you playing?
For me:
- Good matches can be really memorable.
- The occasional bit of really entertaining emerging narrative.
- I like the variety of killers and perks. I wish survivor perks changed up the game more (killer perks have tons of risk/reward/counterplay).
- The music is incredible.
- The community out of game is pretty damn great.
- Some absolutely brilliant maps (Yamaoka in particular I'm never sad to get).
- MMR (yes I know some people dislike it) definitely allows me to play a lot more experimental, chill games.
- Frequent new content.
- Playing Demogorgon, Plague and Cenobite is generally quite enjoyable even when I lose.
Comments
It's ability to let survivors get away because lag from x action right before a killer hits :)
Oh, lots of things. Far, far more than I dislike.
This is still a really, really good game, that's why its flaws feel as pointed as they do.
I like playing Pyramid Head. He is one of my favorite horror monsters (second only to the Xenomorph) and Dead by Daylight gives me the opportunity to play him as an actual monster.
How the game used to be from 2017 to early-2019.
The Golden Age, as I like to call it.
Mm.
I think that a forum being active and seeing complaints is indicative that a lot of people care enough about your game to have a strong opinion on it.
It's Xeno's paradox. The better something is, the more obvious it's flaws become.
This really 100% for me.
I miss these times.
- The lore, I love horror and a good story and this game are the both combined.
- The game art/ design, I want to be a concept artist one day and looking The game's art book gives me a lot of inspiration.
- Variety of characters
- Frequent content
- Various iconic characters
- Variety of maps ( I still want many more)
The game has really unique feeling to it. The imbalacne of DBD is somehow also one of it's most appealing traits even when causing severe frustrations.
Also art team of DBD haven't failed us single time in like 5 years, everything they make is pretty much golden.
Iconic characters from horror. When another horror game with a decent roster appears, it's going to be an easy switch.
Even with it's flaws mostly everything about the game.
Stranger Things is a very good DLC, but unfortunately it was released in the wrong time. It should've arrived here a bit earlier.
And Ghostface is one of my most despised killers, so...
You have my respect.
Glorified hide and seek is fun
The memories.
If it was up to me, they would become reality once again.
100% same. Great community, awful ideas put in place to separate and have each side hate each other.
Doing gens in under 2 minutes is fun.