Words of Advice to New Players
I'm still fairly new myself but this is what I'd say:
Please don't cleanse a totem while a teammate lies dying beside you.
I'm still fairly new myself but this is what I'd say:
Please don't cleanse a totem while a teammate lies dying beside you.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
-Run kindred
-Stay away from the generators getting worked on and away from the hook
-You have massive sprint burst from getting injured that can take you from across the map depending on size
= win.
Wait - if there's not three people already on a generator I always stay to help...why is this frowned upon?
Forgot to say you run the killer away from generators getting worked on and away from the hook to discourage the killer from 'Proxy camping'. Most of the time survivors allows these killers to guard objectives because they allow them to.
Depends on the totem.
Unless the perk Prove Thyself is in play, you lose 15% efficiency for each additional survivor working on a generator. It is being repaired faster, but at an efficiency cost. It is typically wise to also pressure multiple generators at a time. The exception would be when fewer gens are needed to be repaired (i.e. 1 or 2).
How? I had a teammate literally almost let me bleed-out one time while he blesses a hex totem, which by the way, called the killer over. Another time, a teammate also decided to bless the totem before helping me and I just didn't understand why that was more important than helping your dying teammate?
If it glows it goes. If it's dull and they are not blessing it then yeah that's kinda dumb that they would cleanse it over the pick up.
See edited above comment.
Blessing a hex is not worth the time investment in this situation. But blessing a dull would more likely result in a net positive as you would also get your recovery to 90 while they do it and then get a quick heal after pick up (assuming coh or possibly even new boon perk in The near future). Getting a hex totem cleansed is also pretty decent in this situation as it will relieve the team of whatever the hex was while you recovered on the ground.
Picking up would alert thr killer that there are possibly 2 people over in the area anyways. So if the bones be glowing they must be going before the pick up :)
Dont use keys, they’re worthless
I wish I understood lol. I'll just take your word for it.
Mm.
This is good advice, especially #2.
Grouping up on gens is how I win games as killer. Survivors that split up however give me a lot of trouble.
A few more:
Don't forget that the killer doesn't know where the Boon is active at so you get more time to finish a full heal on the downed teammate before the killer shows up.
As the Nemesis, pay attention to your zombie friends. They may help you find survivors.
(This may be a "no duh" type statement, but took me a minute to figure out)
Don't camp a pallet against nemesis, huntress, or trickster. They will ice your ass during the drop animation and after. This should be common sense but I obviously felt the need to say it.
Should be common sense, but as an active Nemesis player, survivors camp that pallet all. the. time.
In most cases, if you're being chased by the killer, please don't run towards your injured teammate.