Which Killer Deserves An Addon/Balance Pass Next?
After Legion, which seems to be at least semi-confirmed as the next reworked killer (please keep the fun addons at least!) which killer should be up after that?
I'd like to see:
Pyramid Head. He works...fine as a killer. A bit predictable and stolid, but not terrible. His addons though are so, so bland.
Comments
imo they should give nurse an add-ons pass. i would love for some fun add-ons especially on nurse. would be awesome. that being said. dont touch kavanghs last breath or heavy panting. just change the useless ones. maybe nerf torn bookmark though
Besides Ghostface, who's also being looked at in the midchapter, Pyramid Head, Freddy, Nurse and Deathslinger are the most in need of add-on passes, I think. All of these killers have extremely underwhelming add-ons, with virtually no options outside of a single line of add-ons.
Freddy in particular has no add-ons that make him noticeably stronger anymore, which is just sad considering he's not even very good anymore. Even Red Paint Brush has the downside of causing multiple survivors to wake themselves up with clocks at the start of the match, meaning for 90 seconds nobody is falling asleep and you are a powerless M1 killer, even if you hit them. Dream Projection teleport add-ons reduce the teleport cooldown by like, 1% and 2%, the skillcheck and status effect add-ons are worthless, Dream Pallets make him weaker, the ropes/chains are largely weak and don't work with Freddy's playstyle, (teleports to gens so yellow rope's increased gen sounds isn't useful, iron will counters green rope, swing chains is muffled by the chase music) all of the purples are gimmicky and range from barely noticeable effects (swing chains, z block) to actually making him weaker. (class photo) Don't even get me started on Black Box.
I'd not only rework Freddy's add-ons, but I'd also give him a third rework pass. Aim to marry the old Freddy with the Dream Transition and the new one in a way that actually has a skill curve and unique gameplay.
The Doctor.
Aside from Discipline, Electrodes, Iridiscents and maybe Calm, the rest are all bad. Order, Restraint and the Tapes are trash.
Myers? His add-ons have variety, but for someone who needs some sort of fundamental rework, you'd then need the add-ons redone anyway.
Doctor at least has some game-changing addons. They just need their effectiveness upped.
I hear you regarding Freddy, but that's a close to 0% chance sadly. They nerfed his addons super hard and BHVR generally don't like to revert nerfs.
Pyramid Head. His add ons really suck.
Doctors addons have been almost all buffed and effectively reworked though with two of the effects of the addons becoming basekit (random skillcheck positions and reverse skillchecks)
The addons used to have the problem that the primary effect and secondary effect both scaled with rarity making higher rarities of the addons comparatively much stronger in terms of both primary and secondary effects but they have done a good job cleaning up the addons so that there is only 1 effect that scales between addons so they are less exponentially better or worse than their counterparts
I also enjoy doctors selection of addons and think quite highly of them personally I don't think he needs a full rework of his addons just a few buffs on the weaker few
Its faster to list the addons I think need a touchup for doctor than those I think are fine so here are the only addons I think could use a fresh coat of paint if any
Scrapped tape should also have the effect of maple knight since its hard to use and it would make using it much nicer without having to sacrifice both addon slots just to use a weird addon
Duration of the restraint addons should increase by 2 seconds across the board that way you have enough time to look around, 1 second isn't much and is usually covered by the scream bubble so you can't tell where they are headed so its effect is very much unnoticeable at yellow rarity
Other than that I think doctor is in a good spot
Mm. Doctor's big problem is that maybe 60% of the time, shocks don't seem to correctly prevent actions unless you land one well in advance. It feels like something is up with validation on those.
I've also yet to find a use for the addons that change the shape of his shocks. The beam is really hard to land and the ring is just...why?
Still a fun killer though. The only one I actually get to play with Overcharge on.
The problem with doctor shocks isn't validation its that you can queue window vaults very far in advance and usually as long as the survivor presses the button the vault goes through making doctor feel very bad to play around windows especially without his discipline addons if that interaction was changed he wouldn't rely on them as much but would probably need some kind of nerf to balance it out
If we're solely talking addon pass and not necessarily the killers kit, I'd say Ghostface. Other than cooldown reductions nearly all of his addons are complete trash.
If we're talking killers themselves Myers and Legion come to mind first. Both need a good bit of improvements.
Blight. Base is fine. His two Red addons and the purple addon that gives you back your charge after a successful hit are too strong.
If those three addons are altered I think he will be (while still very powerful) much more fun and fair to go against.
Huntress. Her one-shot addon change was just lazy. I am a Huntress main. I was so disapointed when they changed it because I was expecting something fun. Give something creative, not an addon that sucks the fun out of the game if the addon is in play. Just to clarify, i am happy it was changed, but think it could have been made much, much more fun.
Pyramid Head has the worst AddOns in the game. Even if you buy into the wild overhype for his super limited shockwave, his hilariously over-restricted torment trails, or embarrassingly over-nerfed cages; even then, you can't deny that his addons are completely useless. Even the "good" ones that extend the range of your shockwave are, in fact, bad because they train you to think his power goes further than it does, so you end up botching your shots any time you're not running a full compliment.
PH and Slinger
their addons are passably strong, but incredibly boring.
Wait, Legion's getting an addon rework? that's awesome!
They said 'rework'. Hopefully in the same vein as Plague (who went from one of my least favorite killers to a new favorite). Survivors just have no idea how to deal with her and her iri addon that lets you see people puking...holy crap is that fun.
I actually like most of their addons.
that's super cool!
BTW, you said you had a youtube channel, what was it again? I was hoping to check it out.
Freddy's addons do not benefit his power in any meaningful way and are more gimmicky. I would like to see an addon pass for him.
Or just wondering where the shots actually ended in the first place because "line of death on the ground" is a tricky one from his perspective. Plus walls.
I don't feel like Restraint is bad add-on line its just the yellow add-on's reveal doesn't even outlast the scream's reveal.
Aka they just need a 1-2 second(s) longer reveal per level.
Also the illusionary doctors always face the survivors so it occasionally "pings" where a survivor was which is one of Restraint's main upsides.
Also the tapes mainly need an actual upside for using them as they are green add-ons that only give sidegrades which is normally a brown tier add-on's effect.
Order's Illusionary pallets should just be baseline and should get a new secondary effect as the main effect static blast cooldown reduction is good but not enough by itself.
Yeah, Legion is a killer(s) that I really want to like, but whenever I play them it can be like pulling teeth, especially on maps with strong loops/verticality. I feel much the same way about PH (addons) and Ghostface (who is getting a look).
Pyramid Head, deadest addon set in the game, bar none
Freddy and pyramid head both have trash add ons. Freddy only has the red paintbrush and Pyramid head has the two range add ons (the wax doll and one of the tablets). Everything else is garbage.
PH definitely needs an addon pass, aswell as Freddy and Demogorgon. Demo did get an addon pass but most of his addons still suck, and Freddy has like, no good addons. Billy needs one aswell, they butchered all of his addons with the exception of engravings
Billy and Freddy
freddy has no good add ons and an unskillful unsatisfying power
billy has weak to detrimental add ons
Either Pyramid Head or Ghost Face, at least the rest of the cast have a few addons that can make a true difference.
id say ghostface. by ghostface i mean the add ons that make survivors stay marked for longer. i would also change the add on that decrease the reveal distance to add an extra 0.25 seconds to the reveal time instead of the distance. or have one of them give distance and the other extra time.
the rest of them are pretty good, dont you dare to touch Ghostface caught on tape
Twins and they should receive nothing but buffs imho
Hillbilly, Nightmare, Oni, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Trickster, Nemesis.
I know Legion and GF will have tweaks, so excluded both.
yeah im not sure why the hell does twins have an 8 seconds stun for downing someone
Pig still has about the same number of trash add-ons as she did before her add-on pass, so...
Myers still needs major changes.
That's basically it, but they need to majorly buff his basekit. He's kind of pathetic right now.
The OP is referring to the We Think This Killer Is Fine, But We'Re Gonna Nerf Them Regardless™ Pass, I think.
Billy, Freddy is a close second.