Explain how is this fair
I've played 1 killer match since rank reset how is this fair in the slightest
I've played 1 killer match since rank reset how is this fair in the slightest
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Grade (we don't have ranks anymore) doesn't impact matchmaking - only your performance for kills/escapes influences MMR.
It’s matching you up against survivors based off your MMR with your killer. Not like the old rank system.
It's not.
Three things to consider though:
Grade is a tell-tale tho.
You still have to pip and play a ton to be Iridescent.
I get pips from 1ks and dying, even in Iri, so not really. MMR hates those, the emblems tolerate and even love them provided you're simply participating. Grade's definitely a time-played measure, but it's even less a measure of skill than MMR is due to the lack of de-grading - law of averages just says it's going up, provided the MMR system doesn't put you in a death spiral.
Someone who puts in 100 hours a month probably isn't going to keep playing if they die all the time tho
I'm not saying it's a hard indicator, but it is a tip-off
If it helps see my perspective: the percentage of players getting/having Legendary Killer/Survivor achievements has been rising ever since the MMR/grade system replaced ranks.
I was playing Clown on Midwich and survivors DC after few chases. And in postgame chat they blamed matchmaking for putting them against red grade killer. I can't even say they were bad. They did some gens and their looping was pretty average. I consider myself as average killer especially as Clown on Midwich. If they stay it still would be a fair match.
Majority of players still think that grades are used for matchmaking.
Or the survivors are probably new to this MMR.
You know, it's funny.
I just had a couple games in a row where I, as a ~2k hour killer, have been facing a bunch of 50 hour and under play-time survivors.
I actually feel so bad, the games are a slaughter.
I wonder if MMR is messed up atm? Normally I face more experienced players but today is really odd.