Aaaaand still no LGBT character...
Maybe it's my fault for listening to the rumors. But I was really hoping BHVR would come around this time. The most we've gotten in the game is a pride charm and it's sad. For as progressive that BHVR claims to be, they really don't seem to care when it comes to their wide LGBT audience.
"It doesn't belong in the game" why not? They've tackled so many different issues such as racism, capitalism, revolutionaries, abuse, feminism and so much more. So why would having an LGBT character be such a tough pill to swallow?
"I don't want it forced down my throat". It's not. Nobody is "forcing" you to play that character. To embrace them. All we want is some representation in the game we love. Plus how do you think queer people feel about seeing solely straight representation in media? Sure there's a handful of LGBT characters in media, but the majority is straight. We have to deal with it every day, yet just ONE character to represent us is too much to ask for.
"I just don't want it to be the sole focus of the character" Why? If they bring in an LGBT character why wouldn't they focus on the discrimination and hatred towards us? Why not take the opportunity to spread awareness for the policies that are made to screw us over. Highlighting the ignorance of people who would turn us away for wanting to be free to live the way that makes us happy?
There is no reason to NOT have an LGBT character. Claiming that we don't need one because you personally don't like the idea is nothing more than selfish and a highlight of queerphobia.
Comments
All we know is they're still working with GaymerX on this matter.
I honestly don't get why you'd need to work with a charity to change a few pronouns but, gotta keep being patient again.
I do appreciate you making this thread the day I'm unbanned, though, because they always devolve into a clownfest and I'm exited to see what'll happen here :)
In the wake of the 'Bubba does blackface' idiocy, let's maybe give it a bit of a rest for now.
I simply cannot imagine caring about something like this. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something.
For some reason they felt they needed to hire a professional LGBT consultant to get the character right so it's gonna take some time. Probably next pride month.
When they first announced they would be creating an LGBT character like a year and a half ago I was honestly pretty excited. By now I could not care less
This is something we've answered very many times now...there will be more representation brought into the game, we're working with GaymerX to implement something correctly and not in a stereotypical way.
Whilst it might seem that there's a long wait for this, unfortunately that's the nature of game design where things are planned a lot of time in advance.