Pinhead is gone in the wind

I like how Pinhead was extremely popular when he first came to Dead by Daylight but ever since the BHVR higherups and the liscence hodlers pulled that NFT crap, you barely see him anymore. Not to mention the DLC got review bombed, I dont think I've ever seen a game/DLC be rated 'Overwelmingly Negative'

I think I've only seen him once since the NFT's announced.

Comments

  • @chargernick85 said:

    I have been playing lots of Nemesis and Pinhead lately since they are the only 2 killers I have not P3 50 (For now anyway). I have played quite a bit of him and still think the possessed chain is a gimmick. Can only think of a few hits with it that actually helped me. I feel nothing when I win/lose with him which is sad. Nemesis is ######### god-tier though (IMO) really like him.

    Yeah, I understand that he is not that funny on consol. On PC you can just conjure the chain into the survivors back, conjure it in fron of them and make a 180° turn to hit them and other fancy things. Sure it is not as effective as other powers but this makes him quit a bit better. Also I dig it that he blocks exhaustion powers (Dead Hard this, casual!).

    Good to hear that Nemesis is fun for you. I have a friend who also realy enjoys him and I can tell you from the survivor side that facing Nemesis is fun for me too, good chase music, zombies make fun interactions and trying to outplay the tentacle is also pretty interesting.

  • @nikodemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622290#Comment_2622290

    you know, they're not connected? no proceeds from sale of the DLC are connected to NFTs. the NFT is different company and separate arrangement with Park Avenue, who also own the models BHVR made.

    just, don't buy NFTs.

    Pinhead is still associated with NFT's...

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2622490#Comment_2622490

    Yeah, I understand that he is not that funny on consol. On PC you can just conjure the chain into the survivors back, conjure it in fron of them and make a 180° turn to hit them and other fancy things. Sure it is not as effective as other powers but this makes him quit a bit better. Also I dig it that he blocks exhaustion powers (Dead Hard this, casual!).

    Good to hear that Nemesis is fun for you. I have a friend who also realy enjoys him and I can tell you from the survivor side that facing Nemesis is fun for me too, good chase music, zombies make fun interactions and trying to outplay the tentacle is also pretty interesting.

    Always nice when both sides can enjoy a killer. Not very common though...unfortunate.

  • @Zozzy said:

    High skill, low reward killer.

    His chain is difficult to land while randomly potentially offering little in return. SWF is a heavy counter to him. Everyone is expecting an unjustified nerf so why bother learning him until they gut him?

    Lawl i was correct

  • he came enough and need some rest because nature is beautiful

  • To be honest i don't mind really. He is boring to play against anyways.

  • @Afius said:

    Honestly I don't mind not facing him. Not a fan of killers who get bonuses for free.

    He doesnt have a free bonus? His passive eats a huge amount of his power budget. Success with Pinhead demands that you work in tandem with your passive.

    Now Demo getting Undetectable after portaling, that's a free bonus.

  • @JHondo said:

    I don't understand people stopping playing him. I bought the chapter on release was pissed by the NFTs but I've already paid for the character so I'm gonna play that character, he's heavy in my rotation of killers right behind Hag and Doc.

    Yeah you have a point, I do the same.

    I just refuse to get any other cosmetics due that, that's all I'm doing.

  • @Firellius said:

    I enjoyed playing him.

    And then I dropped DbD altogether with the NFT debacle.

    Exactly what I did and I didn't even buy him I was gifted Pinhead. I feel bad for the person who gifted me the DLC though but it is what it is.

    I'm pretty much here until BHVR confirms NFT's are in game and give exclusive stuff. Whether it be by silently adding it or announcing it. Once it's fully official I'm out and won't be coming back to the game.

  • By the decisions of Park Avenue, who also own the models BHVR made.

    The beef is with Park Avenue.

    Buying and playing Pinhead, or not, has literally no impact nor relation to that.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621852#Comment_2621852

    He doesnt have a free bonus? His passive eats a huge amount of his power budget. Success with Pinhead demands that you work in tandem with your passive.

    Now Demo getting Undetectable after portaling, that's a free bonus.

    He doesn't have to do anything for chain hunt to start. It's free pressure/slowdown because survivors have to stop what they're doing to get the box. If you're not in a group it's even more oppressive because there could be 2-4 people going for the box at once.

  • Nobody really liked Hellraiser except the bhvr guy that begged and pleaded to have him included. Pinhead is a B list horror monster at best.

1 2 ›