I’m a terrible Slinger so I have no strong opinion, other than that the change made him less fun to play since his turn speed while aiming feels like swimming in syrup, it’s disgustingly slow.
Slinger isn't really any weaker than he was, other than having to play a little differently and having to commit a little more to a hit, but he definitely feels way clunkier now.
I haven't played Deathslinger much since the nerf, but from my experience he feels really bad to play now. I'm not sure if he's weak balance-wise, but he definitely feels worse to play.
He was in a weird spot where they couldn't nerf him in fear of making him unfun for killer, and couldn't buff him since he'd be more unfun for survivors. In the end they decided to stomach the consequences and just nerfed him, making him super clunky and removing both the stealth AND quickshot aspects in one swoop, which were the only 2 reasons people liked him.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
He isn't necessarily weak, he's just feels really clunky when aiming and a lot of his tricks had gotten taken away after he got nerfed.
I’m a terrible Slinger so I have no strong opinion, other than that the change made him less fun to play since his turn speed while aiming feels like swimming in syrup, it’s disgustingly slow.
Slinger isn't really any weaker than he was, other than having to play a little differently and having to commit a little more to a hit, but he definitely feels way clunkier now.
I haven't played Deathslinger much since the nerf, but from my experience he feels really bad to play now. I'm not sure if he's weak balance-wise, but he definitely feels worse to play.
I play both sides. Slinger is fine. He's a bit weaker than before, but he still holds his ground.
He was already a very middling Kiiller before the nerf, I dont know why they decide to cripple him.
What I really don't get is why they decided to heavily nerf most of the reasons to play him.
He was in a weird spot where they couldn't nerf him in fear of making him unfun for killer, and couldn't buff him since he'd be more unfun for survivors. In the end they decided to stomach the consequences and just nerfed him, making him super clunky and removing both the stealth AND quickshot aspects in one swoop, which were the only 2 reasons people liked him.
Change his TR back.
I will admit however that he oddly feels more fun to play now.
People complained about ADS and the 50/50s. This should have been removed but the way it is now apparently feels awful.
He feels like garbage now, and all they needed to do to fix his ADS spam was add a 3 second cooldown for aiming downsights.
It took me 10 seconds to think of a solution to fix him and even then they still screwed him up.