Please reconsider why you hide ranks

Today I had a match against a Pig where we all ran the killer mercilessly, flashlighting, pallet stunning, and juking like mad. Then we get to the after chat and realize she was a baby piggy playing against a team of folks with like 20 years of combined play time. It was probably Baby Piggy's first week on the game. This sort of thing would contribute to a new player walking away from the game.


If I had known she was a newbie I would have played much differently. Hiding ranks really serves no good purpose from a player perspective. Help us be a more friendly community to new players so we can attract and keep new people.

Comments

  • Information that can be used to help is just as useful to harm.

    Things are just as likely to get worse as they would be to get better.

  • Unfortunately, a lot of people would do the opposite and see a baby killer as an excuse to bring bully builds, baby teammates as an excuse to bail from the lobby, et cetera.

  • Maybe don't bully killers who are struggling?

  • @dugman Look - the SBMM is certainly working as you say in this example. /s

  • @Kurri said:

    @dugman Look - the SBMM is certainly working as you say in this example. /s

    When did I say there may or may not be issues with the algorithm?

  • If you can't tell a new Killer, or a Survivor for that matter, from an experienced one, you're not that impressive nor kind yourself.

  • I did a few afk killer games on my surv account where I played killer once in 2018 lol. My lobbies were full of flashlight switching obviously experienced people with full purple perks looking for a prey.

    That could be it and they lost mmr on purpose or sbmm is a even more of a joke we thought it was.


    I honestly feel bad for new players. Derankers were a thing before too tho.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Maybe don't bully killers who are struggling?

    Well it is hard to tell sometimes isn't it? Hard to differentiate between a bad player and someone having an off match or if you are used to playing with horrible lag and you suddenly think, "aww I have a good connection and my game actually does what keys I am hitting." I also added anoher thread in the forum about "training wheels" for new players.

  • @cantelope said:

    Information that can be used to help is just as useful to harm.

    Things are just as likely to get worse as they would be to get better.

    That is sad, but true. I would hope the kindhearted folks would outnumber the jerks, but you never know.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Unfortunately, a lot of people would do the opposite and see a baby killer as an excuse to bring bully builds, baby teammates as an excuse to bail from the lobby, et cetera.

    Again a possibility, but I think things were better with the old system of showing ranks. You still had folks who dodged lobbies.