Is This Intended? (And Should It Stay?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=estVu9JHLOI&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360
Blessed totems still count for Undying aura reading.
Boon totems should be considered a different entity to normal Dull Totems.
Why does Undying still reveal aura's if they aren't Dull Totems?

Comments
Why. Why take this away from the killers :(.
There's no question mark because this is rhetorical and you're a damned monster.
Because I'm pretty sure it's an unintended feature.
Just like how Blessing a Hex totem doesn't cancel DS.
There's some inconsistancies I want to mention/ask about
Let the killers enjoy some unintended features. We've got it rough right now.
This is most likely an oversight which will be changed at some point. Same with DS not deactivating when blessing a Totem.
Many thanks
Blessing a totem does not even take a stack from Thrill of the Hunt, for some reason.
But to answer your question, no it isn't refunded.
Boon totems are pretty confusing when it comes to how they interact with other systems. They count as dull totems as far as Undying goes, but blessing a dull totem also doesn't disable DS while all other interactions with totems do.
It's undeniably not intended as Undying's description says nothing about boon totems. But I'd honestly be as fine with the interaction being removed as I would be with Undying's description simply being updated to say "Dull Totems AND Boon Totems". Just make the interaction work as described by the perk one way or another.
Kind of feels like with boon totems/blessing they overlooked or just chose not to adjust coding for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the plans for boons were during old Undying when auras were shown with all totems and they didn't adjust after Undying was changed. Would be same explanation for why DS doesn't deactivate, just not adjusted in the coding after DS change.