Just a funny "what if" idea I had. Last I checked the law suit was settled and they can start making FT13th stuff again. Wouldn't it be the ultimate kick to the nuts if VHS somehow got the rights to add Jason instead of DBD? lmao
Not quite. Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham/Horror Inc need to divide the assets of the first film, and they haven't done that. I believe the last course of action available would be to get the Supreme Court to look at the case, if they accept it.
As of now, there are still no new Friday the 13th/Jason licenses out there as there's no one who legally owns him at this point.
I can almost guarantee that the US Supreme Court isn't gonna touch this one with a ten foot pole. They generally like to avoid any major cases that have the potential of forever changing copyright law
Monsters brought to life from VHS tapes from the 1980s. Need I say more as to how Jason or any other horror icon from that time will fit into VHS?
Ok it might fit the plot of the game or whatever but Jason would just look like a caricature, not really faithful to the movies when it comes to atmosphere and maturity.
Jason being shot by plasma guns or whatever by little kids.
I mean you can have it yes, but I prefer him in something like f13 the game where he is not a cartoon character.
Ok it might fit the plot of the game or whatever but Jason would just look like a caricature, not really faithful to the movies when it comes to atmosphere and maturity.
Jason being shot by plasma guns or whatever by little kids.
I mean you can have it yes, but I prefer him in something like f13 the game where he is not a cartoon character.
If dbd ever got Jason id fear he would be just another "fun" killer. By fun I mean he is easily abused by survivors who aren't complete newbs. DBD wouldn't do him justice.
If dbd ever got Jason id fear he would be just another "fun" killer. By fun I mean he is easily abused by survivors who aren't complete newbs. DBD wouldn't do him justice.
Also true yeah.
I wish they make some game where killers are actually a bigger threat.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You know, I hope this happens.
Be a kick to the F13 community.
I can almost guarantee that the US Supreme Court isn't gonna touch this one with a ten foot pole. They generally like to avoid any major cases that have the potential of forever changing copyright law
How would jason fit in vhs?
Sorry I don't see it. He would be out of place and comical.
Monsters brought to life from VHS tapes from the 1980s. Need I say more as to how Jason or any other horror icon from that time will fit into VHS?
Ok it might fit the plot of the game or whatever but Jason would just look like a caricature, not really faithful to the movies when it comes to atmosphere and maturity.
Jason being shot by plasma guns or whatever by little kids.
I mean you can have it yes, but I prefer him in something like f13 the game where he is not a cartoon character.
If dbd ever got Jason id fear he would be just another "fun" killer. By fun I mean he is easily abused by survivors who aren't complete newbs. DBD wouldn't do him justice.
Also true yeah.
I wish they make some game where killers are actually a bigger threat.