I'm starting to think Camaraderie is underrated.

I was playing with friends last night and we ran into a bunch of killers camping and proxy camping the hook. While I find it annoying I'm not really mad if the killer decides to do it. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try and prevent it. So I took Camaraderie and it helps a lot. If ik being camped I can buy my team more time to do what they can. I think in today's climate it's underrated. Still wish it was buffed but what do you think?

Comments

  • This perk is a must have in a swf. But I think it needs a buff for solo queue.

  • The issue is ultimately it's not really useful as a solo because you need other people who know you have it to give you the most benefit of the paused timer.

  • It honestly needs a buff, to where the user can extend everyone elses hook timers as well

  • The two big problems with Camaraderie is how you basically need a SWF to use it since nobody will know that you have it so that you can use it, and that the name was changed to something worse.

    Camaraderie is iconic, even if it's a unusual word that is hard to spell. I dunno why it was changed! :(

    ... Jokes aside, nobody will know that you have it, and nobody will be looking at your hook timer when they get close enough to you, they're going to be looking everywhere else for the Killer, traps, etc.

    Of course, if there was stuff to let you know that you had it, Camaraderie might become completely broken because of the amount of time it gives...

  • I stopped reading after "playing with friends".

    Joshing, but yeah this perk needs to be buffed. It should:

    • Notify other survivors it is in play
    • Work for both hook states
    • Have a timer that is dependent on the killer's proximity to the hook - not other survivors
  • It should just work, without needing anyone to be close by.

  • @WTBacon said:

    It should just work, without needing anyone to be close by.

    I was thinking that with the struggle phase change, Camaraderie could be tied to Activate Ability or secondary action. Would be very easy to activate in between skill checks.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2598028#Comment_2598028

    I was thinking that with the struggle phase change, Camaraderie could be tied to Activate Ability or secondary action. Would be very easy to activate in between skill checks.

    No activation, it just works.

  • "I was playing with friends"

    ----

    Well, I see why you think this perk is good.

    Camaraderie / Kinship is doo-doo in solo. It, along with many other perks, needs to be shown to fellow survivors for "teamwork" to be releveant and for these perks to get any value. Here's an idea to help improve teamwork capability for solos without giving SWF much more than they already have with comms.

    @Nos37 said:

    Bloodpoint changes: (Compensation for choosing to play the harder version(s) of the game)

    • 10% more Bloodpoints awarded post-trial for each survivor in a party of 3 (-5% for performing an unsafe unhook).
    • 20% more Bloodpoints awarded post-trial for both survivors in a party of 2 (-10% for each unsafe unhook).
    • 50% more Bloodpoints awarded post-trial for solo survivors (-25% for each unsafe unhook).

    ----

    HUD changes:

    • While being chased, the survivor portrait will show their face looking behind them with their mouth open (optional red exclamation mark).
    • While a survivor is hooked, gear icons will be shown next to portraits of survivors whom are repairing generators and medical red cross icons will be shown next to portraits of survivors whom are healing.
    • The number of remaining totems will be shown (removed from Small Game).
    • If you are put into the dying state within 10 seconds of attempting to cleanse a hex totem, a totem icon will appear next to your portrait (only visible to other survivors) until you are hooked.
    • While within 16m of an exit gate, an exit icon will appear next to your portrait (only visible to other survivors).
    • While within 16m of the hatch, a hatch icon will appear next to your portrait (only visible to other survivors).
    • When there is 1 generator remaining, survivors with Adrenaline equipped will have the perk icon appear next to their portrait.
    • A new perk indicator will be added to the HUD for Crucial Perks (see below).

    ----

    Crucial Perks: (New HUD element similar to Shared Perks, but with a new indicator color)

    These are perks that others should be aware of but are hard to convey to others of their existence (without comms):

    • Ace in the Hole & Plunderer's Instinct & Pharmacy (shown to other survivors who are interacting with an unopened chest)
    • Camaraderie / Kinship (shown to all other survivors while hooked)
    • Inner Strength / Inner Healing (shown to all other survivors who are cleansing totems)
    • For the People (shown to injured, dying, or hooked survivors within 8m while healthy)
    • Mettle of Man & We're Gonna Live Forever (shown to injured survivors within 8m)
    • Power Struggle & Soul Guard & Unbreakable (shown to all other survivors while in the dying state)
    • Repressed Alliance (shown to survivors within 4m while repairing a generator)
    • Resilience (shown to survivors within 8m while injured)
    • Wake Up! (shown to survivors within 8m while the exit gates are powered)

    ----

    OR (Instead of the Cruical Perk indicator):

    Show survivors' loadouts during the lobby screen (and hope that survivors have good memory).

    (I would prefer the perk indicator.)

    ----

    "This is too strong! What about the killers??"

    These are (most of) the benefits that SWF teams get. You know why you, as killer, are not properly equipped to deal with SWF better? It's because if you were, solo survivors would be destroyed. Solo survivors' weakness is holding you back. Let all the survivors have the same teamwork capabilities! Then the killer's power won't be stuck balancing in the middle...


  • I run it purely for the factor of buying my teammates more time if the killer decides to camp me to death. I also like imagining the look on the Killer's face when I'm still on 2nd stage after so long

    You can kill me, but you're gonna have to wait an extra 34 seconds sorry :^)

  • If they would change it to work on the killer's proximity rather than another survivor it would be pretty solid and would give solo queue survivors a great tool to deal with camping.

    But in its current state it's too situational to use (requires other survivors to know you have it, requires you to be on second hook state, needs other survivors to play around it/activate it, and the killer to be camping to get value).

  • I love it when someone runs that perk to make my victim suffer for a longer time while not doing gens, it is a win-win and I wish more people did it.

  • It's got the same issue as a bunch of perks in this game; it's so situational that you can go multiple games with basically playing three perks as it never makes an impact

    When it does come in handy, it REALLY comes in handy. But most people won't trade off the nine games where it does nothing for that one game where it might save a game.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I love it when someone runs that perk to make my victim suffer for a longer time while not doing gens, it is a win-win and I wish more people did it.

    They don't have to stay in the range. All they have to do is get close enough for a split second and it'll pause the timer for 34 seconds.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2598201#Comment_2598201

    They don't have to stay in the range. All they have to do is get close enough for a split second and it'll pause the timer for 34 seconds.

    Oh, really? Well, then it is a win-neutral situation. I am partially glad when someone uses it.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I was playing with friends last night and we ran into a bunch of killers camping and proxy camping the hook. While I find it annoying I'm not really mad if the killer decides to do it. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try and prevent it. So I took Camaraderie and it helps a lot. If ik being camped I can buy my team more time to do what they can. I think in today's climate it's underrated. Still wish it was buffed but what do you think?

    100% agree. I’m trying to put together the following build for Lori, but haven’t had enough BP yet: Camaraderie, Decisive Strike, Kindred, & Breakdown.