Thank you for -fixing- Dead Hard devs!

In so many matches survivors were robbed due to this perk being buggy, especially ever since dedicated servers.

Hopefully we won't see this any more of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzpWHXILg0


Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I think it’s quite hilarious how much players care about who gets robbed now, but they cared so little back when it was the other way around. If nothing else shows your bias, that certainly does.

    I have literally had many matches previously where I was exhausted on the ground and you know what the killer told me to do? Sucks to be you and to “stop bringing the perk”. I don’t except sympathy, but come on now. Don’t act like survivors did this.

    The design for this perk clearly does not work well with dedicated servers. Because it seems to me that in P2P neither party had issues.

    So, I am not saying that the screaming after a swing should stay, and I’m certainly not going to tell you killer players that it “sucks to be you”. But for the love of god stop trying to make this into a us vs them moment when YOU know the perk didn’t work as intended before. Only difference is you saw a body sliding down forward with an exhaustion icon on their end.

    I genuinely don't know how they would fix the scream after validation thing though, would they have to make survivors scream like a second later than usual all the time in order for validation to have time to work?

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593175#Comment_2593175

    Survivor uses DH early: THEY'RE USING IT FOR DISTANCE HOW DARE THEY

    Survivors use DH to avoid a hit but end up exhausted on the ground: well they were just too greedy with it

    Survivors are bad no matter what on this forum

    + now nobody complains about Survivors using DH for distance anymore. Which is still the stronger use of the Perk and is as possible as before.

    All I get from that is that Survivors are allowed to have non-functional Perks. And making a Perk, which was bugged for years, actually doing what it should do is a "buff" or "destroys Killer" or whatever.

  • @Bass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596571#Comment_2596571

    I genuinely don't know how they would fix the scream after validation thing though, would they have to make survivors scream like a second later than usual all the time in order for validation to have time to work?

    I don’t have the answer to that either, but I do recognize it looks bad.

    Imagine a new player hitting someone and hearing the scream and then see then run like nothing happened? I for one would think it was a bug or they were cheating. It’s not a good look for BHVR. Which is why I think they should be the ones actively answering these questions.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596485#Comment_2596485

    + now nobody complains about Survivors using DH for distance anymore. Which is still the stronger use of the Perk and is as possible as before.

    All I get from that is that Survivors are allowed to have non-functional Perks. And making a Perk, which was bugged for years, actually doing what it should do is a "buff" or "destroys Killer" or whatever.

    I agree that dead hard should work as described. 100%. That said, the perk stands head and shoulders above other exhaustion perks now except for a full swf with sprint burst on coms. It needs to be brought in line or killers need a pseudo dead hard. E.G. Cou de grace has a ~60ish second cooldown and no tokens anymore.

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596723#Comment_2596723

    I agree that dead hard should work as described. 100%. That said, the perk stands head and shoulders above other exhaustion perks now except for a full swf with sprint burst on coms. It needs to be brought in line or killers need a pseudo dead hard. E.G. Cou de grace has a ~60ish second cooldown and no tokens anymore.

    I feel like if you're gonna buff killer, make it so survivors always spawn next to each other away from gens or totems if possible. Having a more fair early game makes a healthier game.

  • Indeed they did a good job (Im main killer but im not such biased) the perk wasnt working properly That doesnt change It need a hard nerf in getting distance

  • Ok, now that you are happy that it's fixed, let's make distance and duration shorter.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593175#Comment_2593175

    Survivor uses DH early: THEY'RE USING IT FOR DISTANCE HOW DARE THEY

    Survivors use DH to avoid a hit but end up exhausted on the ground: well they were just too greedy with it

    Survivors are bad no matter what on this forum

    Not really survivor but dead hard itself as it is now nearly guaranteed 50% additional health states overall at the cost of nothing with less chance to screw up now.

    This change just widened the timing window for survivor to use dh to dodge a hit, from "i have to predict the hit and might get baited" to " i see the hit animation start and will still probably be guaranteed my dodge".

    The real sacrifice here is just additional killer frustration from getting fed wrong information just like with pallets. But hey, that's just a diminishing in killer players "fun" and who cares about that.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593119#Comment_2593119

    Or you can simply hit the survivor next time instead of letting them dodge it.

    no thanks, I'll just insta down people and camp on hook, because chasing isn't fun anymore

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593119#Comment_2593119

    Thing is, due to latency alone, its sometimes impossible for survivors to predict a hit. If the killer has a 150 ms spike right before the hit and you have a 60 ms spike right before they hit, it will take 210 ms for their hit to appear on your screen, at which point, they already hit you from their perspective, while they havent even touched you from your own perspective.

    Considering killers can already bait a dead hard, hit validation is fine.

    The thing is, Killers move at a constant speed. Regardless of lag spikes, if you gauge the distance you should be able to know roughly when to DH anyway, even if lag kicks in momentarily

    My main point in this thread is that if you don't hold the DH to the last second, you'll be broadly OK. You are bringing up increments of 60-150ms which would fall under the last second.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    In so many matches survivors were robbed due to this perk being buggy, especially ever since dedicated servers.

    Hopefully we won't see this any more of this!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzpWHXILg0

    Sadly I tried it out and it still isn't working for me as Survivor :(

    It's definitely working AGAINST me as Killer though haha - just like Pallet Hit Validation - it has become another free invulnerability for Survivors.

    It must just be how my game connects to the Server because I literally NEVER win hit validation whether I am Killer or Survivor and it's super annoying because I always see that it looks correct on my screen and yet I'm still not winning the trade.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596485#Comment_2596485

    + now nobody complains about Survivors using DH for distance anymore. Which is still the stronger use of the Perk and is as possible as before.

    All I get from that is that Survivors are allowed to have non-functional Perks. And making a Perk, which was bugged for years, actually doing what it should do is a "buff" or "destroys Killer" or whatever.

    Well player on these forums "screamed" until the should puke blood but nothing will ever happen from that and now even the alternative/original use of the perk became safe.

    Before survivor could already use dh to dodge by predicting a hit AND use the fool proof distance method. Now they don't need to predict but can use it at the start of the hit animation and are most probably safe. So baiting dh will also become less effective and the perk overall more a guaranteed success plus the additional frustration for the opposition by seeing fake hits.

    So i fail to see why there shouldn't be some frustration being vented.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2593175#Comment_2593175

    Survivor uses DH early: THEY'RE USING IT FOR DISTANCE HOW DARE THEY

    Survivors use DH to avoid a hit but end up exhausted on the ground: well they were just too greedy with it

    Survivors are bad no matter what on this forum

    Thank you LMAO JPA doesn't know what he's talking about. That's exactly what I said and he had no counterargument so he starts rambling irrelevant moot points to try to sound sophisticated. If you complain about Dead Hard not working now all of a sudden you're greedy

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    In so many matches survivors were robbed due to this perk being buggy, especially ever since dedicated servers.

    Hopefully we won't see this any more of this!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzpWHXILg0

    Now instead, killers are being robbed of hits. Greaaat /s

1 2 ›