Smurfs Are Getting Out Of Control - The New MMR Hell.
Have been trying to learn Demo for the past few days, really struggling - since your 'new' killers are tied to the MMR of your 'good' killer initially, I've been getting flattened.
The problem - even after multiple games of 4 and 3 outs, I'm still facing 3-4man SWF groups, rocking legacy skins, meta perks and, of course, are inevitably BM. 'Lol EZ scrub uninstall games full' type messages.
These are obviously not people who belong at a low MMR.
And the more I'm losing, the more of them I'm seeing - not less.
Which makes me wonder...
With people smurfing down their MMR (potentially due to the DC penalty removal) to absurd degrees to absolutely stomp and abuse newcomers or people learning a new killer, at a certain point, losing games makes you more likely to face crazy low MMR smurfs, rather than people of a similar (low) skill.
I can only imagine what it must be like to play this game as a total newcomer right now.
Comments
Its my understanding that there is not a large community of people that have legacy skins. So if you are really facing that many unique accounts with legacy they are probably hackers.
I think in my 1000 some hours playing that I've only seen one person with it.
What makes you think you're at low mmr?
Hackers...huh. Possibly. That would explain a great deal. So many weird moments where someone just vanishes, heals instantly or always knows exactly where I am. Thing is - these are also absolutely not bad players. Very good looping, knows where pallets are, DHs and dodges perfectly to avoid shreds.
I'm actually seeing a lot of these legacy skins now that I think about it. At least 4 in the last 24 hours.
Because I'm not very good, even on my 'good' killers. I'm pretty old, with the reflexes of a potato and bad eyes. On my good killers, I mostly play console players, running a mix of meta and character perks.
On Demo (my absolute worst, as I'm learning him) I've also been flattened in about 10 games in a row. 3-4 out, every time. By people in fully jacked SWFs.
I haven't even seen one smurf account.
Thats a pretty high density all things considered, as Mr_K pointed out, you might be higher MMR than you think as hackers naturally climb MMR by always escaping and most of them usually only do subtle stuff. The ones that are all flashy get banned.
It really does feel like low MMR is harder to play as killer than high MMR.
It's absolutely impossible for my demo to have a higher MMR than my Doctor or Hag. I get 2-3k on those killers every game, sometimes a 4k. And I'm facing survivors of a similar skill.
On my demo, at most I get a 2k, usually a 1 or 0. For 11 games now.
I'm facing significantly better survivors on my demo.
Here's an experiment for you then. Grab a killer you haven't played in a while (MMR refreshes after 3 weeks of inactivity). Play them and go deliberately easy for a few games. Note the perks, skins, addons etc. of the people you are up against.
Let me know what you find.
Survivors have a lower MMR than killers in average because MMR only counts kills and escapes
Killers even in really bad games boost their MMR by camping one kill in the end game
This is causing good survivors who don't escape alot to get paired with lower rank killers
As for legacy assume hacker bc only .001% if players have one legacy and hackers love wearing it
Huh. I wasn't aware of that. I'll be dodging those lobbies then.
And...I'm not sure about that as we don't know how much the gains are on either end. It would be bizarre if it actually worked like that, as lowbie survivors would have endless queue times.
That's the problem with Skill Based Matchmaking, that ironically it doesn't factor skill at all. So you can have extremely good people who maybe don't care to die often being paired with people who die a lot because they can't do better.
This far out from release, MMR is a (bleep)show on survivor. The newer corner self-care gamers usually escape instead of the player running the killer for 5 gens.
If those players normally queue solo, they may die a lot no matter how good they are. But put 4 of them together, and they're really good.
Honestly its the mmr probably I have to lose 7-10 matches in a row tell it feels like I get a lower caliber survivor and then they seem to really suck and I 3-4k 3 matches in a row and back to the 2-3 hook games for most of my matches.
Oh and its like a 10 minute wait to just get stomped out no wonder I've been playing survivor mostly lately.
It's been 12 matches, and I got more than 1 kill in one of those. Going to give it a rest now, maybe it needs some time to update.
MMR refreshes after 3 weeks of inactivity? I didn't know that, I thought they stuck with their score until you changed it by playing a match.
Is that 3 weeks full inactivity, not playing at all, or just 3 weeks not playing a specific killer? For example, I play all but demogorgon for a month then try a demogorgon game?
I'm not sure. It was implied in a BHVR post quite some time back. I'm guessing total inactivity on a particular killer.