So for future events ...
Can we maybe make them abit more special?
First of all love the themed mini rift and the random pumpkins. These are a great addition and should be done for each event.
However the sheer lack of decorative items on maps, gens and hooks is far to small. By default 1 gen has a candle on it.... 1 candle, 1 gen...
Let's just make every gen/hook special and more decorative with some hanging lights etc in places. You can reuse this every year and I'm okay with that, I dont mind repeats but what I dont like is going into a match and barely even noticing anything themed... if I dont see a pumpkin I could completely miss that 1 candle on one gen I may never see.
Just abit more decorative items and I'd be so happy... I just want it to look Halloweeny/Christmassy
Comments
Copy and Paste events,take it or leave it
-BHVR probably
No, the BP economy would shatter if you could finish 5 gens by default, you must bring an offering if you want that.
I want a Halloween Horror theme event mini rift :(
Yeah that bonus 200 bp lol, I just want stuff to look like an actual event lol
I love the tome, with the Halloween cosmetics. It made me play Killer and enjoy the role enough to keep playing it after I finished the challenges.
But two pumpkins and one candle isn't enough for me to feel the Halloween vibe. Splatoon did special maps for events, only available during the events, and it was cool because it felt unique.
What, you feel something's missing in an event where they put a pumpkin in the map worth 8% of the cheapest 3000 bloodpoint item in the bloodweb, and let you potentially refund what you spent on your event offering if you do the event hook/generator instead of using the normal bonus blood point offerings for likely better benefits?
You think recycled prop-kicking, barely-decorated hooks, and recycled tome-style reward systems aren't enough to celebrate one of the two biggest events in the game?
You think it's uninteractive to have all your blood point rewards given to you at the start of the event so there's literally nothing else unique and of value to do for the rest of its duration?
Bah, what stingy people you are.
Next halloween, you'll be given a single leaf of lettuce and that'll be that.
I imagine they're small because last time they had more effects (Last Halloween) console players couldn't play the game.
Isn't that still pretty much the case, though?
I'm somewhat disappointed with this - the event rift is very neat, I like the rewards, and the pumpkins are cute, but I wish I'd been around for the days when events contained things that actually altered the gameplay a bit and involved bonus objectives, like the pustula flowers or lunar lantern. A couple of reskinned hooks and generators don't really change anything except confuse me with what yellow aura means what.