What does everyone think of the Midnight Grove event?
Although the event has only been out for about a day, I would like to know how everyone feels about the Midnight Grove event. What do you like about it? What do you not like? Do you think the pumpkins are a fun gameplay addition? Do you like the new skins and charms? How does this event compare to other Halloween events, both from Dead by Daylight and other games?
Personally, I like the event but I think it could be a little better. The new menu looks great and the event tome is a really nice addition. The skins look great, and so far the event tome stories are good as well. I also like the pumpkin mechanics, although I think the time it takes to search for and smash one far outweighs the potential reward. Still, I would've liked if the event had some lore significance, like the blight events, and I would rather have had a new main menu theme instead of a reused theme that (in my opinion) doesn't fit as well with the event. But what do you think of the event?
Comments
BHVR decided to focus on nothing but the Anniversary and Halloween events, and if the Anniversary event was any indication of what the Halloween event is going to be like, than expect to be very disappointed.
I like it, I think it's fun.
I think the event is great, I’m just annoyed that i’ve been dealing with infinite loading screens.
This event has been boring and utterly disappointing + lacking in atmosphere. If you load into a map you can barely tell that an event is going on, unless you knew already. Like wow roots around the gen and hook and a few pumpkins scattered(that you need to look hard to even see). Extremely lazy. For a horror game I expect Halloween to be a significant event, but you can barely feel like an event is going on. Even the tome is copy pasted and if you don't already own Mikaela then its useless too.
The event 'seed' drop-rates are atrocious too. I spent 700k bps and got like 6 seeds. And even if you offered the seeds the resulting bp gain is so low that we cant even notice it. I would get more if I offered a generic cake.
All in all I give this event a 0/10.
I'm there with you, but those damn petal offerings are so damn rare in the bloodweb for survivor. I have no issue with them appearing on killer, but my god the drop rate for survivor is non-existent for me sometimes.
Wait they are calling it an event?
The event tome and its rewards are great, but the impact on the gameplay itself is negligible. Sometimes I find a pumpkin where I expect to find a totem, and that's cute, but they're useless for anything but BP (because it's not like you have the time to smash them during a chase, which is the only time that brief flash of Hindered or Haste matters.) I'm also not a fan of how the generators and hooks are handled; I don't see why they can't all be event versions and why survivors have to be on a gen when it finishes to get the points - survivors work as a team and it's pretty common to do 80% of a gen, leave for some pressing reason, and have someone fill in and finish it for you.
I long for the days where events introduced new aspects to the gameplay itself. Was kind of hoping that's where the 'we're going to focus more on these two events' thing was headed.
Tome is pretty cool.
Offerings are terrible and aren't really worth it (esp on survivor). All hooks and gens should be event ones and if you're alive while a gen gets done you should get points too...
Pumpkins are alright too I guess
The 2021 event should've been compelling and exciting, something new and fresh. The devs promised to focus on two events each year, but this was yet another lackluster event. 2020 was equally mediocre, and I expected 2021 to blow us away because of the development time. Other non-horror games have better Halloween events. Halloween in DBD should feel like THE pinnacle event of the year, the one you can't miss out on, but instead, we get a recycled event that mimics the 2019 and 2018 versions with a Tome. Between these lackluster events and the lack of maps, Realm Beyond is MIA; the new or fresh content levels are disappointing.
This event is in my eyes nonsense. Why not a pumpkin offering with 100% more blood points for every player. Possible to stack too. Like 500% if everyone offer this.
For me 3/10, when they said they worked hard for this I thought they meant it but the only different thing is the extra halloween archive and a pumpkin.
I cant even play because of the infinite loading screens
I might like it more if I didn't get one pumpkin seed every 5-7 bloodwebs.
Cant wait for the new cosmetics for the ginger survivor. PHEW she's honestly the perfect woman
Wasted opportunity for a "horror" game. Must do better.
Week two is here, and it seems like a majority of their effort went into the archives and rift. Not exactly what I was expecting from the Halloween event, but I'm not disappointed.
The cosmetics available in the event tome are beautiful. Also, the challenges in the event tome hand out quite a few rift fragments, making it easy to progress through the rift, which also has some more beautiful cosmetics.
So the important stuff for this event is.
I'll give it a 6/10, at least console and low spec players can play this event without having to wait for a patch to come out after the event has already ended.