Should the hatch spawn at 0 gens?

I know the hatch now only opens when 1 survivor is left and I'm not suggesting we change that.

But would it be better for it to spawn at 0 gens remaining?

I like hatch closing points as killer. I know it ain't much but it's honest work.

As survivor I like the hatch escape points - 2k makes a difference.


Obvs survivor points need to be looked at with the hatch change but what do you think?

Are ye happy as a whole with the new system? Any recommendations for it?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It does spawn, you just don't see it.

    Technically it spawns at 5gens but its clear that its the visual aspect that i'm referring to...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577559#Comment_2577559

    You didn't explain why it should change though, aside from "It's fun to close " and "I like 2k points?"

    I mean that IS my explanation for personally wanting it. Do you have anything to ad? A reason you would (dis)like it?

  • Yeah, only spawning when there is one survivor left no matter what was overkill. They should have at least kept it as an option that can be better prepared for at five generators repaired. As a reward for getting that far.

    Not to mention all the Rift challenges on both sides. Killers are arguably hurt by this as well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577563#Comment_2577563

    Because I do not see a problem with it spawning with 1 person left, like it is now?

    It does spawn before then you just don't see it.

    /s

    Thanks for contributing your opinion! Care to elaborate on it? Why is that? I dont SEE a problem with either tbh. Its just a bit of an underwhelming mechanic now that you rarely get to see. Even if it didnt open it would be nice to see it I guess

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Yeah, only spawning when there is one survivor left no matter what was overkill. They should have at least kept it as an option that can be better prepared for at five generators repaired. As a reward for getting that far.

    Not to mention all the Rift challenges on both sides. Killers are arguably hurt by this as well.

    Yeah I do hope they change the "escape from the hatch" and "close the hatch" x times challenges. Theyre going to be incredibly painful now...

  • I'm a little unsure what you're suggesting, but if you're saying that the hatch shouldn't spawn with only 1 player left until all the gens are done also then no, that would probably be a bad idea since it's extremely hard for a single survivor to complete gens. The whole point of the hatch is that, with only one survivor, the game of "stop the generators" isn't fun for either side because typically it's way too hard for the sole survivor to complete 1 let alone more than 1 generator.

    So at least with the hatch spawning when there's only one survivor left they have three potential exit points and have at least a fighting chance of getting out. I'm sure there are alternative end game systems for the last survivor that could be even more fun, like maybe an endgame chase mode where if the lone survivor can keep the killer in a chase for, say, 15 or 20 seconds then the exits automatically open. (That would give the lone survivor an incentive to get a chase started and hope they can outrun the killer long enough to get out the doors.) But we're probably stuck with the hatch and exits as they are more or less. 🤷‍♂️

  • @dugman said:

    I'm a little unsure what you're suggesting, but if you're saying that the hatch shouldn't spawn with only 1 player left until all the gens are done also then no, that would probably be a bad idea since it's extremely hard for a single survivor to complete gens. The whole point of the hatch is that, with only one survivor, the game of "stop the generators" isn't fun for either side because typically it's way too hard for the sole survivor to complete 1 let alone more than 1 generator.

    So at least with the hatch spawning when there's only one survivor left they have three potential exit points and have at least a fighting chance of getting out. I'm sure there are alternative end game systems for the last survivor that could be even more fun, like maybe an endgame chase mode where if the lone survivor can keep the killer in a chase for, say, 15 or 20 seconds then the exits automatically open. (That would give the lone survivor an incentive to get a chase started and hope they can outrun the killer long enough to get out the doors.) But we're probably stuck with the hatch and exits as they are more or less. 🤷‍♂️

    Sorry if I was unclear. I'm cool with it still spawning and opening with one survivor left.

    In addition to that, I would like it to be visible when 0 gens are left (lets say gates are powered but not opened). I dont want it to open though, even with a key, until again - only one survivor is left.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577575#Comment_2577575

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577559#Comment_2577559

    Technically it spawns at 5gens but its clear that its the visual aspect that i'm referring to...

    Sorry, we're not gonna agree on this. And you've given me too few reasons to agree to this.

    So good luck with your thing!

    We dont have to agree! Just looking to discuss. Sorry youre not up for the discussion and giving your viewpoints! If you ever decide to - you know where to find me! ^^

  • At the very least it should be spawned when the last gen is done. Even then it wouldn’t be useful since the gates are available.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    At the very least it should be spawned when the last gen is done. Even then it wouldn’t be useful since the gates are available.

    This is what i'm saying!

    thank-you.gif


  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577579#Comment_2577579

    Sorry if I was unclear. I'm cool with it still spawning and opening with one survivor left.

    In addition to that, I would like it to be visible when 0 gens are left (lets say gates are powered but not opened). I dont want it to open though, even with a key, until again - only one survivor is left.

    Ah ok, I understand now, thanks for the clarification.

    My guess is they don't make the hatch visible while more than one survivor is in the game because they don't want multiple people escaping with a single use of a key. It could be a technical thing where if they make the hatch visible then it would also mean the possibility of a single key letting multiple out. But who knows? 🤷‍♂️

  • No it's fine as is now.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    No it's fine as is now.

    Can we get points adjusted at least? I feel if I can find it and close it before the last survivor is yeeted to the entity I should get a bonus >.<

  • Nah, I like it now. It's last ditch 50/50 chance

  • @nikodemo said:

    Nah, I like it now. It's last ditch 50/50 chance

    not really trying to change that. If the gates are powered (or even open) I don't see how the hatch being visible would effect either side tbh... Actually, the pig would probably hurt from it so BHVR will probably go for it 😂

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577590#Comment_2577590

    Ah ok, I understand now, thanks for the clarification.

    My guess is they don't make the hatch visible while more than one survivor is in the game because they don't want multiple people escaping with a single use of a key. It could be a technical thing where if they make the hatch visible then it would also mean the possibility of a single key letting multiple out. But who knows? 🤷‍♂️

    If they can code it so the key only works for one person and only when the other 3 are dead or gone it should be fine...?

  • I think as it is now is fine. If hatch spawned as soon as all the gens were done then everyone would run straight for the hatch with a key, especially with SWFs. At least with the exit gates you have a good chance of catching someone off guard. Hatch play in general is pretty meek and isn't good for killers at all.

    I imagine giving survivors an out without having to play the rest of the game normally is the only reason the hatch even exists. Giving every survivor a chance just because they completed the game normally would wreck havoc on EGC games.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    I think as it is now is fine. If hatch spawned as soon as all the gens were done then everyone would run straight for the hatch with a key, especially with SWFs. At least with the exit gates you have a good chance of catching someone off guard. Hatch play in general is pretty meek and isn't good for killers at all.

    I imagine giving survivors an out without having to play the rest of the game normally is the only reason the hatch even exists. Giving every survivor a chance just because they completed the game normally would wreck havoc on EGC games.

    I wouldn't want the hatch to be abke to be opened via key (unless everyone else is dead or gone). it would be too broken otherwise.

    id be okay with it becoming visible when the gates are opened and egc has started, etc

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577785#Comment_2577785

    not really trying to change that. If the gates are powered (or even open) I don't see how the hatch being visible would effect either side tbh... Actually, the pig would probably hurt from it so BHVR will probably go for it 😂

    It just becomes one more thing the killer needs to track. It's hard enough at it is! XD

    It's sort of outside the gen/gate gameplay dynamic, basically adding a third exit that could ostensibly be opened quickly.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    I think as it is now is fine. If hatch spawned as soon as all the gens were done then everyone would run straight for the hatch with a key, especially with SWFs. At least with the exit gates you have a good chance of catching someone off guard. Hatch play in general is pretty meek and isn't good for killers at all.

    I imagine giving survivors an out without having to play the rest of the game normally is the only reason the hatch even exists. Giving every survivor a chance just because they completed the game normally would wreck havoc on EGC games.

    @nikodemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577789#Comment_2577789

    It just becomes one more thing the killer needs to track. It's hard enough at it is! XD

    It's sort of outside the gen/gate gameplay dynamic, basically adding a third exit that could ostensibly be opened quickly.

    Yeah sorry, but if you failed to defend all five gens with all four survivors still alive, that is on you and not the survivors. And it’s really on you if you allow all four of them to find and escape through the hatch after doing those gens as well.

    I’m not saying the trial is over once the gens are done, but a hatch escape of any kind after that point is really the killer’s problem. We’re told key escapes were an extremely small percentage of total escapes anyways. Now all these expensive maps and keys + add-ons have almost zero value in regards to hatch tracking and opening. Just remove them from the blood web if they’re going to stay in this state, really unfair to survivors having to buy them.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577794#Comment_2577794

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577804#Comment_2577804

    Yeah sorry, but if you failed to defend all five gens with all four survivors still alive, that is on you and not the survivors. And it’s really on you if you allow all four of them to find and escape through the hatch after doing those gens as well.

    I’m not saying the trial is over once the gens are done, but a hatch escape of any kind after that point is really the killer’s problem. We’re told key escapes were an extremely small percentage of total escapes anyways. Now all these expensive maps and keys + add-ons have almost zero value in regards to hatch tracking and opening. Just remove them from the blood web if they’re going to stay in this state, really unfair to survivors having to buy them.

    Sorry but this just doesnt fly anywhere.

    Its not out of the realm of possibility that all survivors could be on death hook and they still manage to complete all 5 gens. There are a plethora of other scenarios that the killer could be in that aren't specifically due to their own faults. Sometimes the survivors are good, or playing with lower ranking friends... etc etc etc.

    That doesnt give survivors a chance at a free hatch escape just because they completed the game normally. That's not the purpose of the hatch. The purpose of the hatch is to give some players a chance at escaping when they are down a survivor or two with too many gens to finish.

    Very different scenario. It should never be given to survivors simply for finishing the game.

  • No, thanks, the hatch is fine now. Is what It should be, One last chance for the last survivor, not for the entire team

  • @Swampoffering said:

    No, thanks, the hatch is fine now. Is what It should be, One last chance for the last survivor, not for the entire team

    👆️

  • @Swampoffering said:

    No, thanks, the hatch is fine now. Is what It should be, One last chance for the last survivor, not for the entire team

    Again, I'm saying it still shouldn't be openable, even with a key, until only one person is left...

  • No hatch is fine now.

  • there's no point in having the hatch spawn at 5 gens done even if you can't use a key to open it.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578881#Comment_2578881

    there's no point in having the hatch spawn at 5 gens done even if you can't use a key to open it.

    Sure there is. Again, Rift challenges for killer. Killer has priority in closing the hatch. And giving at least some value to expensive map tracking tools for survivors.

  • I think it should spawn when all gens are done. You know those situations where you can't make it to either exit gate for a variety of reasons but you know where the hatch is? Well, that situation doesn't happen anymore unless you're the last one in the trial.

    I agree with the rest of the hatch nerfs and key nerf but would really like this change.