Nothing will change Survivor Perk variety until The Usual perks get changed significantly.
I like how BHVR is buffing all these perks but Survivors keep the usual Meta perks they always have.
There are 3 Mikaela's in this Match and no one is using the Buffed Perks BHVR wanted to get picked more.
I am convinced if BHVR wants more Perk Variety in higher MMR brackets then change the most picked perks at the top.

Comments
They will get picked more, so it's not really useless thing to buff them.
I really don't like nerf everything good approach.
I always prefer buff everything bad instead.
Some teams are just not able to learn and they are happy stomping killers with same build over and over again. That's not going to change, there will always be meta builds.
as someone in a streamer's chat posted recently half-sarcastically half-seriously
remember when borrowed time had counterplayspicy boy
It kinda still does. When survivor is trying to block me with BT, I just wait 12 seconds, but I always prefer survivor that went for unhook.
It's because the meta is brainless and doesn't require any kind of thought. Just look at the Lucky Break case, it was buffed to a super strong perk that always gives me huge value when I use it, but because it requires more than 2 braincells to use (knowing how to break LOS, knowing how to save its time), it didn't become meta.
Same case with perks like Windows, Small Game, Boons, etc. Why use these when you can just equip something like Dead Hard and Iron Will which give you immense value and require almost no thought process.
in higher mmr though they do that because they want to deny you getting another hook off someone and that got you to give up the chase
then when you hit them you're either dealing with their ds or their unbreakable and either way getting pretty screwed
so in that sense the counterplay is getting completely momentum-killed by borrowed time
weaponized anti-tunnel perks are fun, no?
Yeah, but after DS, you just tunnel the ######### out of them..
Depends on killer tho, sometimes you just don't have time to eat DS.
But with Spirit? I don't care about your DS, you are getting down under 10 seconds anyway :D
yes
but the bt still got you to wait 10+ seconds (or worse, mistime it and still send them flying off for free)
even if you were on someone else and someone hooked a ways away from you sprints burst over to completely and utterly wall you in to a haddonfield house or rpd corridor and force you to eat their anti-tunnel perks
so in that sense there really isn't much counterplay, or perhaps there's only survivor-approved counterplay
which is that the killer gets [eep]ed and deserves it going by some posts here
I agree with OP's assertion, but I think it'd be unwise to leap straight to "nerf it into the ground". The top tier perks should be nerfed a little and underperforming perks should be buffed a lot so that there's more variety without making it so survivors have no good options.
Most of the top tier perks aren't even that much of a problem on their own. Take Unbreakable- if the only meta perk that someone runs is Unbreakable that perk is much more fair, but combining it with all the others makes for an extraordinarily safe survivor experience and opens up fairly obnoxiously aggressive plays.
I hate this mentality that everything that’s top tier needs to be nerfed into the ground. DS is perfect it does not need anymore changes. Unbreakable is perfect it doesn’t need anymore changes.
Borrowed time is perfect the only change I would make is if the person with borrowed time takes a protection hit they go down instead of getting deep wounds.
Iron will doesn’t need a change. The only change some people would agree with is making it so while injured grunts of pain are suppressed for 70/80/90 seconds and once the timer is out Iron will is permanently disabled.
Dead hard is the only perk I agree with being nerfed this perk absolutely needs a nerf bad
If you nerf DS and BT, there is no counter to tunneling.
If you nerf UB, there is no counter to slugging.
It would be absolutely insane to nerf those perks unless the Developers also nerfed Tunneling and Slugging, which I'm all for. Get rid of Tunneling and Slugging and the meta changes. It's not survivors choosing these perks, it's Killers choosing these perks for survivors.
Yeah a lot of people don't understand that all survivor meta perks (except exhaustion) are bandaid fixes for flawed gameplay mechanics...
First, I see a Windows of Opportunity in there.
Second, BT is practically a requirement these days. Going into a match without BT is like putting yourself at a significant handicap. Tunneling and proxy camping are more prevalent than ever. And killers will say "BUT I NEED TO DO IT!" Which is fine, but then don't moan when survivors bring BT because they ALSO need to do it.
Third, an exhaustion perk is also practically a requirement. There's a reason Sprint Burst and Dead Hard are used almost every match, and it's because they extend chases.
That's basically half of your slots dedicated to two things (unless you're in an SWF, in which case maybe only two of you need BT). It's not really better on the killer's side, where almost every match you'll see Ruin/Undying and then probably tinkerer. Pretty much every single match. It's not that these perks need changed. It's that these perks are the ones that actually work. Until basic mechanics are changed, you won't really see perks used being changed unless you make perks the same level as them.