Exploiting the MMR system (Yea, another MMR post)

So since MMR is such a basic and generic system, which I know this is a strat that every MMR system will suffer from but look, hear me out. DBD is such a layered game and with 2 years of data being the foundation of the MMR system we have today, it's really just doesn't deliver. We probably all can agree on this, the MMR should've been based off of Hooks at least, yea we would love one that took chase length into account or resources in chase into account but there's one thing that this MMR system is gonna suffer from really really soon. Couldn't we just reverse boost? Like with this system, we could just go afk every game, or self-sacrifice on first hook every game for like 3 or so games in a row and just, get way easier matches for a bit? Especially as killer considering it takes every survivor's MMR into account, you'd lose a bank vault of MMR, that's an easier game guranteed next match already just because you queued and went to go make food. I just really hope after Mikaela comes out, they take a chapter off to work on the game, like overall game balance and MMR, the game would benifit massively from it's own little Operation Health.

Comments

  • Im just trying to play for 8 hooks and let everyone escape. I don't like high mmr on both sides

  • @landromat said:

    Im just trying to play for 8 hooks and let everyone escape. I don't like high mmr on both sides

    High MMR is so bad to the point I've began to switch my mains, if I need to change what killer I enjoy just because I'm helpless, that's a bit ridiculous

  • @landromat said:

    Im just trying to play for 8 hooks and let everyone escape. I don't like high mmr on both sides

    I'm basically doing the same

  • @Foxy_Teltac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567883#Comment_2567883

    High MMR is so bad to the point I've began to switch my mains, if I need to change what killer I enjoy just because I'm helpless, that's a bit ridiculous

    I do the same. I used to be a Freddy and Myers Main (Freddy mainly) and was never as impacted by the nerf some time ago, since I used pallets since the beginning. I could hold my red ranks with balanced, some hard or ez matches without using busted addons or full meta perks (I had a weird BBQ, Pop, Opression, Surveillance combo with the brown pallet addon). Now with MMR (and possible high rating from before) I have to sweat so much that I had to use the boring Ruin/undying /tinkerer meta with strong addons to give me some air. I know how to build pressure, that's not the problem. I just noticed that Freddy lost a lot of his power during the last 2 years. (Otzdarva's recent killer tier list proves that for me). Same for Myers. Myers hasn't been a stron killer for a long time now. I never expected much, but I had decent matches with him. Now with MMR, I really feel his bad early game and stalking mechanic vs good teams.

    I switched to Spirit and Pinhead now. I wonder how long it will take until I get bored of the sweatyness with these too.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567911#Comment_2567911

    I do the same. I used to be a Freddy and Myers Main (Freddy mainly) and was never as impacted by the nerf some time ago, since I used pallets since the beginning. I could hold my red ranks with balanced, some hard or ez matches without using busted addons or full meta perks (I had a weird BBQ, Pop, Opression, Surveillance combo with the brown pallet addon). Now with MMR (and possible high rating from before) I have to sweat so much that I had to use the boring Ruin/undying /tinkerer meta with strong addons to give me some air. I know how to build pressure, that's not the problem. I just noticed that Freddy lost a lot of his power during the last 2 years. (Otzdarva's recent killer tier list proves that for me). Same for Myers. Myers hasn't been a stron killer for a long time now. I never expected much, but I had decent matches with him. Now with MMR, I really feel his bad early game and stalking mechanic vs good teams.

    I switched to Spirit and Pinhead now. I wonder how long it will take until I get bored of the sweatyness with these too.

    Yeah, I used to be Legion and Deathslinger main.

    Well, Blight and Oni now...

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567911#Comment_2567911

    I do the same. I used to be a Freddy and Myers Main (Freddy mainly) and was never as impacted by the nerf some time ago, since I used pallets since the beginning. I could hold my red ranks with balanced, some hard or ez matches without using busted addons or full meta perks (I had a weird BBQ, Pop, Opression, Surveillance combo with the brown pallet addon). Now with MMR (and possible high rating from before) I have to sweat so much that I had to use the boring Ruin/undying /tinkerer meta with strong addons to give me some air. I know how to build pressure, that's not the problem. I just noticed that Freddy lost a lot of his power during the last 2 years. (Otzdarva's recent killer tier list proves that for me). Same for Myers. Myers hasn't been a stron killer for a long time now. I never expected much, but I had decent matches with him. Now with MMR, I really feel his bad early game and stalking mechanic vs good teams.

    I switched to Spirit and Pinhead now. I wonder how long it will take until I get bored of the sweatyness with these too.

    @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567940#Comment_2567940

    Yeah, I used to be Legion and Deathslinger main.

    Well, Blight and Oni now...

    I'm a Legion/Doc main but I'm probably gonna have to switch to Nemi/Blight/Oni just to keep up at this rate. The game is just too unfun tryna be a Legion with No Way Out and Blood Warden as my only objective perks and I'm probably just gonna be either a Ruin/Pop Legion and Doc or just switch my mains because dear god I'd have to reverse boost to enjoy this game. I'm so sick of running gen perks and now that MMR's here, I'm on a highway to getting sick of the game

  • @Foxy_Teltac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567940#Comment_2567940

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567968#Comment_2567968

    I'm a Legion/Doc main but I'm probably gonna have to switch to Nemi/Blight/Oni just to keep up at this rate. The game is just too unfun tryna be a Legion with No Way Out and Blood Warden as my only objective perks and I'm probably just gonna be either a Ruin/Pop Legion and Doc or just switch my mains because dear god I'd have to reverse boost to enjoy this game. I'm so sick of running gen perks and now that MMR's here, I'm on a highway to getting sick of the game

    Yeah, Legion with BBP, Ruin, Pop and Surge works. But it's kinda boring each game, where I can't really use my power for multiple hits anyway.

    I like that with Blight and Oni I don't really have to focus on 3-gen and can just play normally and still have chance for multiple kills.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567984#Comment_2567984

    Yeah, Legion with BBP, Ruin, Pop and Surge works. But it's kinda boring each game, where I can't really use my power for multiple hits anyway.

    I like that with Blight and Oni I don't really have to focus on 3-gen and can just play normally and still have chance for multiple kills.

    Yea, those two also benifit massively from endgame perks because their snowball is so violent that once all the possible adrenline plays are gone and their perks are either figured out or gone, the mobility and chase they offer just shows why they're top of the list

  • @Foxy_Teltac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567940#Comment_2567940

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2567968#Comment_2567968

    I'm a Legion/Doc main but I'm probably gonna have to switch to Nemi/Blight/Oni just to keep up at this rate. The game is just too unfun tryna be a Legion with No Way Out and Blood Warden as my only objective perks and I'm probably just gonna be either a Ruin/Pop Legion and Doc or just switch my mains because dear god I'd have to reverse boost to enjoy this game. I'm so sick of running gen perks and now that MMR's here, I'm on a highway to getting sick of the game

    I usually played about 1/3 of my matches as killer. Now I only do the archive challenges and dailys of my more enjoyable killers.

  • One of the most obnoxious parts of the new MMR is that when you start off, every killer has MMR equal to your highest MMR or something like that, meaning for example if you want to try Huntress who you've never played, since you're really good at Blight or something, Huntress will be super high MMR to start with.

    They made this whole thing about how each killer has their own seperate MMR, but you have to suffer through like 20 matches of death squads to actually get down to a level of MMR that's appropriate for that killer.