Basement campers spoil the game

I know this post is going to be met with "Well it is part of the game", but it really is just spoiling the game.

I play the game as killer and have fund chasing each player and allowing them to save if the can. Sometimes they win, sometimes I win but the game lasts longer and everybody leaves happy, and I have seen many killers that play the same way.

I have just played a game as survivor against Deathslinger. He was very bad at chasing and catching, so trying to be fair we slowed down doing gens. One of the team got caught and was put in basement. Another survivor went for the save, but the killer camped the basement and so they was downed. As a survivor it is all too easy to be selfish, but teamwork is part of the game, so we tried the lure the killer away, but he just stayed at the basement building. In the end we just gave up. With four hooks in basement, he does not even have to move far to allow survivors to struggle.

When we finished we realised that MMR matchmaking was up to it's great thing, and this killer was actually rank 1, getting their by camping to get the kills. He could not chase, or catch. He had no game sense, but was able to get to that rank by just camping.

With MMR now poor matching and camping killers, being s survivor does not make sense, and the wait to get into a game as a killer is so long now because thats the only way to play. You now spend more time waiting for a super quick game.

Comments

  • A killer being rank 1 (well grade 1) doesn't mean anything as it's not used to matchmaking so you shouldn't be making judgement based on the end game screen grades.

    Also it's your own fault for intentionally slowing down your objective and you gave the killer a good reason to keep camping the basement. 2 people hooked and the other 2 not doing gens.

  • Thanks for your comments. Gen rushing is always an option, but the killer handbook states that gen rushing makes it ok to camp. In fact there are many post on here of killers complaining that they want it banned and stating that it is the reason why they camp. The funny thing is that we could not gen rush because they had perks to stop it.

    As to doing flashlight saves, it is not a common thing for me to take into a game. It's not like we can load up with medkit, toolkit and torch to cover every game scenario. As I said, there are a lot of killers that play the game and don't need to camp, or tunnel for that matter, although I don't mind tunnelling and killers going for the weakest first, it makes the weak improve.

    With regards to manipulating the MMR, from my understanding from the data mining information, the speed of gens make no difference. The objective for a survivor is to escape, even if they just hid by the exit gate all game. The killer just needs to get 3/4 kills, no matter how they get them. This of course is made easy by camping the basement.

  • You can thank new MMR system for it.

    If you want to win you simply have to tunnel or camp or not play fair.

    Survivors have to rush exit gates or camp the hatch.

    How I miss the old emblem system matchmaking...

  • Simple way of solving that. Rank survivors on how well the work as a team, do gens, heal and save, then give extra points for the more people survive. For the killer take away the four basement hooks, make it only one. Reduce points for facecamping and award points for variety, the space between hooks used, the different survivors you kill.

  • well yes, if gens are flying by and a killer has no kill, it makes sense to tunnel and camp as it's a very effective way of securing kills. People need to stop complaining about killers trying to win. what else do you want the killer to do? chase every single survivor until they're death hook to kill them?

  • @SlothGirly said:

    well yes, if gens are flying by and a killer has no kill, it makes sense to tunnel and camp as it's a very effective way of securing kills. People need to stop complaining about killers trying to win. what else do you want the killer to do? chase every single survivor until they're death hook to kill them?

    No, it makes sense to get better at the game, so the gens do not fly by. I am not the greatest killer, in fact I can count the amount of killer games I have played on my fingers, but I can get kills without having to camp or tunnel. Sometimes I get the same survivor twice in a row, because I happen upon them. It is not an excuse that because you are bad at the game, you have to take this option.

    Play more hours, try a different killer, try different perks, watch video's of other players, record your games and see where you go wrong. There is nothing wrong with either team winning or trying to win. Killers who camp are all to quick to use the excuse "I was gen rushed", then move around the map more, pressure the killers to leave gens and then damage them. Yes there will be games where the whole team gets out, but that is life. If you win every game then the game needs to be changed big style.

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556221#Comment_2556221

    No, it makes sense to get better at the game, so the gens do not fly by. I am not the greatest killer, in fact I can count the amount of killer games I have played on my fingers, but I can get kills without having to camp or tunnel. Sometimes I get the same survivor twice in a row, because I happen upon them. It is not an excuse that because you are bad at the game, you have to take this option.

    Play more hours, try a different killer, try different perks, watch video's of other players, record your games and see where you go wrong. There is nothing wrong with either team winning or trying to win. Killers who camp are all to quick to use the excuse "I was gen rushed", then move around the map more, pressure the killers to leave gens and then damage them. Yes there will be games where the whole team gets out, but that is life. If you win every game then the game needs to be changed big style.

    good for you, you haven't played at the higher levels, where if you don't camp or tunnel, you will get slapped 7 ways in 3 seconds. I think you miss the part where sometimes survivors put you in situations where camping and tunnelling are your only choices for a kill, it doesn't matter how good you are as a killer, these situations are inevitable. Watch literally any of the best killer players and they will have games where camping and tunnelling are the play to make.

    If you honestly think killers who camp need to get good, then there is some very poor fundamental understanding of the higher levels of play. If you've barely played killer, I don't know how I can ever expect you to understand. Go play a few hundred hours of killer, and come back to me saying tunneling and camping isn't a viable strategy

  • @Voodoo101 said:

    I know this post is going to be met with "Well it is part of the game", but it really is just spoiling the game.

    I play the game as killer and have fund chasing each player and allowing them to save if the can. Sometimes they win, sometimes I win but the game lasts longer and everybody leaves happy, and I have seen many killers that play the same way.

    I have just played a game as survivor against Deathslinger. He was very bad at chasing and catching, so trying to be fair we slowed down doing gens. One of the team got caught and was put in basement. Another survivor went for the save, but the killer camped the basement and so they was downed. As a survivor it is all too easy to be selfish, but teamwork is part of the game, so we tried the lure the killer away, but he just stayed at the basement building. In the end we just gave up. With four hooks in basement, he does not even have to move far to allow survivors to struggle.

    When we finished we realised that MMR matchmaking was up to it's great thing, and this killer was actually rank 1, getting their by camping to get the kills. He could not chase, or catch. He had no game sense, but was able to get to that rank by just camping.

    With MMR now poor matching and camping killers, being s survivor does not make sense, and the wait to get into a game as a killer is so long now because thats the only way to play. You now spend more time waiting for a super quick game.

    Don't get caught near the basement. Plain and simple.