BHVR. Why?

No. legitimately.

I'm asking you why? Why are you doing this? Are your hands tied? Are you just that desperate to cash in on the NFT craze?

I'm not even mad anymore. I'm just apathetic. I'm tired. First I was stressed out from playing DBD that I took a break from it. Then hearing how MMR really works made me livid. And now this.

You're going to lock content behind NFTs? Really?

Give us confirmation. I'm legitimately losing hope for this game. I won't financially support a scam.

Comments

  • Supposedly they'll cost $240 each. So $2,400,000 to piss off player base and let 10,000 PC players have voicelines.

  • I have no idea what an NFT is.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I have no idea what an NFT is.

    You can look it up but I can give a summary of what I know about it.

    Nft are like buying real artwork of famous artist but it on a server that many people can buy with cryptocurrency. It said to cause harm to the environment in which most people who were making them, buying them or thinking of buying/making them stop being involved with nft.

    Hope this help.

  • Where does it say that BHVR is selling limited-edition content in their game? I'm not saying it's not true, but so far the only thing I've seen says that Boss Protocol is selling digital artwork with the DbD models and some of those packages will give access to Pinhead in DbD.

  • @zombitehdeath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552043#Comment_2552043

    You can look it up but I can give a summary of what I know about it.

    Nft are like buying real artwork of famous artist but it on a server that many people can buy with cryptocurrency. It said to cause harm to the environment in which most people who were making them, buying them or thinking of buying/making them stop being involved with nft.

    Hope this help.

    Crypto currencies are what causes harm to the environment. NFTs are just one of the things you can buy with them

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552063#Comment_2552063

    Crypto currencies are what causes harm to the environment. NFTs are just one of the things you can buy with them

    nfts are 'hosted' on the same mechanics as crypto. so... they both cause the same harm.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552692#Comment_2552692

    NFTs are built using the same framework, the creation and "Movement" of NFTs through trade is still problematic (each transaction/creation requires about the same amount of power as to Power a US home for a day, in the case of Ethereum), though there should be less impact as these are things that are supposed to sit still without additional transactions.

    However that is not to say that NFTs are not power-hungry, they are.

    But they don't. and the people benefitting from the scam don't WANT them to sit still. because only the movement creates more actual money for them (it's a weird, destructive MLM (MultiLevelMarketing, not the gay thing) scheme)