The ability to unhook a survivor as a killer. What do you think?
What do you think about the ability for killers to unhook a survivor into being carried again?
It would reset the hook phase they are in when originally hooked previously, though.
I.e. if it was the first hook, and you unhooked them yourself, it would stay first hook for the next hooking. Their struggle phase would be refreshed.
Naturally this is to prevent someone unlocking and rehooking 3 times to sacrifice faster.
Edit: These rehooks do not go towards advancing perks, and they're limited to 1 to 2 unhooks per game.
It would reset the hook phase they are in when originally hooked previously, though.
I.e. if it was the first hook, and you unhooked them yourself, it would stay first hook for the next hooking. Their struggle phase would be refreshed.
Naturally this is to prevent someone unlocking and rehooking 3 times to sacrifice faster.
Edit: These rehooks do not go towards advancing perks, and they're limited to 1 to 2 unhooks per game.
Comments
I mean like, m a y b e, but what would this be helpful for? You could just loop them on and off the hook and keep the game hostage.
To prevent holding the game hostage, maybe limit it to 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?
Im sure it would turn into a frustrating meme somehow
they couldn't do that, it would make devour hope and huntress lullaby op since they could just hook the same survivor a bunch of times or keep tracking people with bbq.
What if the hooking the survivor after the killer unhooked didn't impact perks due to a cool down and were limited to about 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?
And keeping track of people with BBQ wouldn't work well, I'd say. You hook someone, you see other survivors for 4 seconds. That means 4 seconds of carrying a struggling survivor around and being limited to your basic attack. You'd be slowed because of carrying, and from the struggling.
Worst it would realistically do is give the killer the bonus BP stacks.
This would allow killers to hold the game hostage.
No thanks
idk that would cause more problems for what I would see as just memeing and holding the game hostage, the devs would have to program too many dynamic changes to the hook and for what end? Why would you want to keep unhooking and hooking the same survivor for no progress than to just waste time?
As Killer, I would slug the 3rd Survivor while I went and searched for the last.
If I couldn't find the last Survivor after 4 mins, and the slugged Survivor is about to bleed out, I'll just hook them so I have more time to look for the last Survivor (easier if I have BBQ, as I haven't unhooked them yet so BBQ's aura-read still procs).
If I don't see their aura, I can spend some more time looking for the last Survivor, before coming back to the hook, unhooking the Survivor, and then re-hooking the Survivor to reset the sacrifice progress. Now I have more time to look for the last Survivor.
It gives the Killer too much ability to take the match hostage and deny hatch.
I dont see why such a feature would be a good thing. It only gives more ways to troll and keep someone hostage Id say
Why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaotiOp45dg
I would kinda want this just because, as a survivor main, it disappoints me when I play killer and leave a hook so the guy can be saved only for no one to save the poor dude and he dies on first hook. It's like I'm not gonna camp the guy, I might come back to the hook but I won't tunnel them unless I have to. JUST SAVE HIM! Sometimes I sit across the map and watch the guy saying "someone save him, someone save him, please someone save him". If you are a survivor in my game and don't save that guy I'm going to go around and spank all of you for being bad survivors.
The only way this could be appropriate really is if once they're hooked you could click say M2 on pc to unhook but then they'd be free to leave. So if for instance you hooked them to bait out that toxic player who instead dc's you could unhook the good person and let them live.
Hmm...no
Why would you want to stop a hatch play though?
I can only see one use for this being a friendly killer
-You are on last survivor and someones on the hook. The survivor is waiting being hatch selfish, so you want to be nice killer take off hook the one not getting rescued.
I know some say this is useless because from game standpoint have nothing to actually gain. But i would just love mechanic cause i like being friendly killer.(From time to time) Plus it be easier to communicate im friendly if i hooked them and took them off. Sometimes as doctor smacking the gen with them on shoulder 3 times doesn't communicate allowing to do gens so hatch escape is possible specially if you mori alot of other survivors.
So you can kill the last Survivor. I mean, your objective is to kill all four Survivors.
Please tell me what would that be good for? Sorry but that is just mori on a hook. Jees
Hook again.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.
Great for moris