How would you feel about a black and white survivor/killer/map?

This question might be really specific, but I honestly am interested in hearing what you guys think.

For those of you that don't get what I mean, I'm referring to the visuals of old films (Psycho being a notable example). While I'm not asking for any specific license, I'm more referring just to the general idea of a more 'stylized' visuals in Dead by Daylight. Of course, maybe this wouldn't make much sense, but perhaps with good old entity magic, it could.

Maybe it could work as a cosmetic? Perhaps giving the survivors 'older' fashion and outfits so that way it isn't just the survivor recolored?

What do you guys think?

(I just picked a random image to communicate the idea of a map like this)

43-439521_black-and-white-forest-wallpaper-hd-wallpapers-pretty.jpg 1140-psycho-tony-perkins-janet-leigh.imgcache.rev.web.900.518.jpg

Comments

  • It's a cool concept, but to have to play the entire match in monochrome would honestly hurt my eyes.

  • Sure why not, Freddy exists

  • It would be an interesting gimmick for about 5 matches and then I would probably never want to play with that again.

  • makes no sense but i dont hate the idea, maybe if it was an event thing

  • I think it would be cool to have a black and white map. Auras would still have to be visible and stuff, but, aesthetically I really like the idea of having everything be high-contrast grayscale with pops of red/yellow.

  • I wouldn't mind it. I feel like there should be a black & white killer or survivor to go along with it. HOWEVER:

    I'd want them to allow survivors and the killer to appear normal color. It would make a lot of sense with the theory that being the world was black & white in the past, while the other characters appear there in normal color because they're from the present/future.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I wouldn't mind it. I feel like there should be a black & white killer or survivor to go along with it. HOWEVER:

    I'd want them to allow survivors and the killer to appear normal color. It would make a lot of sense with the theory that being the world was black & white in the past, while the other characters appear there in normal color because they're from the present/future.

    I think it would be very interesting to see a survivor or killer walking around the map with a monochrome color scheme, though maybe from a stealth perspective it'd be quite noticeable or really strange. Which is sort of why I suggested skins as an option for this hypothetical killer/survivor, having both a black and white variation alongside a normal one more accurate to their real selves.

  • @Badonkadonk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549517#Comment_2549517

    I think it would be very interesting to see a survivor or killer walking around the map with a monochrome color scheme, though maybe from a stealth perspective it'd be quite noticeable or really strange. Which is sort of why I suggested skins as an option for this hypothetical killer/survivor, having both a black and white variation alongside a normal one more accurate to their real selves.

    Tbh I wouldn't mind either or. A black & white map in general sounds pretty cool. And yeah, a normal variation for the characters would also be dope.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You can already do this

    Howso? It's not something I'm personally aware of.

  • Would be sick to see some slick Rockabilly outfits.

    image.png

    For maps I am hesitate, because if it is turns out to be an eye sore, we are stuck with it.