Remember when Undying remained unchanged for three months, and mettle was nerfed in a week?

And people have the absolute gall to say the devs are survivor sided, when they’ve been obsessed with spirit for years. Half the anniversary quotes were about her and it took teeth being pulled to get her reworked.

Comments

  • Mettle of Man was broken because of instaheals, Undying was never broken.

  • Tldr ds took 4 years to balance gg's.

    Ok you know what was even more broken then mettle of man and existed for significantly longer then undying. Why lets look at ds 1.4.0 fill up wiggle meter non obssesions get a free hook state, If your the obsession immediate ds availability if were being generous ds got fixed in patch 2.6.0 where even the it was still broken since you could hop on a gen do any action you want with 60 seconds of immunity. which took two years. Then we finally got the actual fix to ds in patch 4.6.0 which took another two years. Ds was BROKEN FOR 4 YEARS undying had what 3 months 6 months?

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    wonder how fast boons will get nerfed

    I'd guess it'll follow the same pattern the instant FL blinds did.

    People post videos and talk about it being imba. Survivors defend it as 'well, it's fun, and killers had x OP thing for a week three years ago so it's justified'.

    Whichever dev designed it comes in to defend it and say that they have no intention of changing it ever.

    A few months later, it gets nerfed.

  • Mettle broke the game, undying did not..this post has no research in it

  • Those 2 things are far from comparable. MoM was game-ruining and Undying was only really OP with Devour.

  • The devs are survivor sided. Yes, I have the gall.

  • @GannTM said:

    OBSESSED WITH SPIRIT??? THEY NERFED HER TWICE???

    >Has been most oppressive killer for years with only very minor and insufficient nerfs

    Gets two nerfs which arent even that bad

    "WAAAAAAAAH, they hate spirit and now i have to play the game."

  • @Shenlong1904 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544091#Comment_2544091

    >Has been most oppressive killer for years with only very minor and insufficient nerfs

    Gets two nerfs which arent even that bad

    "WAAAAAAAAH, they hate spirit and now i have to play the game."

    You know absolutely nothing about my views on the game lol.

    @GannTM said:

    I really enjoy her a lot and I’m super excited for her nerf. Right now though, I don’t feel like playing her because she hasn’t gotten the nerf yet. I just feel bad for survivors because she still isn’t fun to play against right now. At least we don’t have too much longer to wait, only 2 weeks.


  • @Shenlong1904 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544091#Comment_2544091

    >Has been most oppressive killer for years with only very minor and insufficient nerfs

    Gets two nerfs which arent even that bad

    "WAAAAAAAAH, they hate spirit and now i have to play the game."

    Eh. I'll still play her, but it does feel a bit rough for one of the three killers that can reliably pressure a strong SWF team to get nerfed, while the weaker killers received either minor buffs to a few addons, or a defacto nerf in the guise of a QOL fix.

  • You're post did not reflect your comment. Yes the devs have been obsessed with not nerfing spirit.

    How would i know of your views on spirit? I made a comment based on your comment.

    I find it disrespectful to check other people's accounts in an argument as it distracts from the argument and becomes a personal attacks.

    Overall, i apologise for my pettiness, but I stand tall that your comment was simply an extreme exaggeration.

    My bad, my fault though

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545582#Comment_2545582

    Eh. I'll still play her, but it does feel a bit rough for one of the three killers that can reliably pressure a strong SWF team to get nerfed, while the weaker killers received either minor buffs to a few addons, or a defacto nerf in the guise of a QOL fix.

    Yeah my bad, i know the game is extremely unbalanced toward survivors in the higher levels, but they way spirit worked made it so even low skill players could beat relatively good players, which caused bad players who are in the spirits lobby feel like there is nothing to do.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    Those 2 things are far from comparable. MoM was game-ruining and Undying was only really OP with Devour.

    Not devour, ruin

  • Ruin/Undying: "Oh no this 5 minute game is now 7 minutes"

    Devour/Undying: "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I'm dead"

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545595#Comment_2545595

    Ruin/Undying: "Oh no this 5 minute game is now 7 minutes"

    Devour/Undying: "SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I'm dead"

    Pre nerf undying the totems lost all tokens, which is what I assumed you were referencing based on the verbiage used since it only had synergy with ruin pre nerf.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545609#Comment_2545609

    Pre nerf undying the totems lost all tokens, which is what I assumed you were referencing based on the verbiage used since it only had synergy with ruin pre nerf.

    I must've been cleansing Undying when that happened then. I only saw Undying when it came out and for a couple weeks before it got nerfed, as I took a hiatus from this game.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    And people have the absolute gall to say the devs are survivor sided, when they’ve been obsessed with spirit for years. Half the anniversary quotes were about her and it took teeth being pulled to get her reworked.

    MoM wasn't nerf for 1.5 months...so we had to deal with the very broken meta... of ds / unbreak / bt / MoM

  • they are, as examples:


    The time beetween Pop goes and Decisive nerfs.

    The time beetween Moris and Hatch nerfs.

    Hexes spawning in random spots and single time use, and Boons being used infinite times in the totem you want and x4.

  • @GeneralV said:

    At the very least, Undying reduced the amount of camping and tunneling for most of the community and gave survivors an actual reason to go after totems.

    MoM was just plain broken.

    There is a difference.

    Idk... Camping and tunneling wasn't really reduced in the games I played. 🤨

    Edit: Undying was broken as well on killers like Spirit, Blight, Nurse, etc.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544050#Comment_2544050

    Idk... Camping and tunneling wasn't really reduced in the games I played. 🤨

    Edit: Undying was broken as well on killers like Spirit, Blight, Nurse, etc.

    Unlucky.

  • Imagine comparing these two perks.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544050#Comment_2544050

    Actually in my experience the amount of tunneling and camping increased by a large margin. Especially to try and get people out at 5 gens.

    Nothing is wrong by getting people out at 5 gen.

    Honestly i dont know why a killer would camp with ruin and undying up old and new because you lose value out of your perk. Those perk are good if you apply pressure no pressure just smash those gens.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544057#Comment_2544057

    That’s completely wrong. Counterforce is not a good perk, Otz timed all the perks and found using counterforce was almost as inefficient as no perks!

    using it with only the information the perk provides is inefficient if you are good at finding totems normally it is still useful for its speed boost and help finding the last 1-2 totems

1 2 ›