To those celebrating the Deathslinger nerf

If you go through e.g. Twitter, you'll find that those that gave him a bad name (faking ads, M&A, etc) are very much saying 'well, if they forced such a change we HAVE to play this scummy, we have no choice'.

So, yeah, the problems you had with slinger will continue to exist and likely get worse, because the things that got massacred now were not the issue.

But... congratulations I guess for driving away the few good slinger players?

Comments

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2545150#Comment_2545150

    you.... seriously believe that THAT is how the communities demographic looks? You seriously look at Q times et all and go 'ah yes, verily, there must most certainly be 4 people uniquely and always playing survivor for every one person uniquely and solely playing killer. Why, am I not a mathematical genius?'

    Killer Q times to long because no-one wants to play survivor. So let's make survivor more enjoyable.

  • I would have rathered a simple nerf to no scoping / just the ADS nerf.

    He'd still need to commit to shooting, M2 chase spam would be dead (he can still do the animation but it's not as impactful with the charge time), Iri Coin would not be buffed, and his TR/stealthy style would be intact.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Those who celebrate the nerf are being a bit delusional

    Not that much has changed.

    The new ads sucks but once you get used to it there are very little shots you can't make that you could before.

    And the zoning that people were complaining about can still be done thanks to the increased movement speed.

    Just keep aiming and move to the survivor. They are still in a lose lose situation most of the time. And this time without the skill of no scoping. This is especially enhanced with addons.

    The only real hard hitting nerf is the terror radius one but that can be easilly manipulated by perks.

    In return he also has addons that reduce his stun to almost nothing.

    I almost wouldn't even call this a nerf. More a side grade

    A. The new ads is not something you can simply adjust to it's incredibly restrictive on turning movement. The shots you could have previously actually hit but can't now is going to mean extra loops and more expense of time the thing slinger doesn't have.

    B. The zoning is heavily dependent on packing ads movement add on's so now he's an add on dependent killer akin to myer's and his stalk add on's. Other then that many survivors will be able to do the same thing they have previously been doing to beat slingers putting distance and los blocker between you and him.

    C. The terror radius often meant you can get fast down's because your opening shots didn't always have to be with your harpoon. Now your losing more time shooting, reeling, reloading, shooting, reeling, reloading.

    D. the stun reduction is the only nice thing I can say about the changes but it does little to nothing to stop the time being hemorrhaged by all this clunky trash mechanics.

    The slinger game's I won were the one's I actively shot my gun and landed my shots. The slinger games I lost were the one's I spent trying this nonsense zoning crap. Not only that but you have no idea how tight your shots get against better survivors. They never give you an angle unless its a brief second on top of your slow ms this makes slinger frustratingly difficult to play. The quick scope meant you can thread that needle.

    If your actively prepping your ranged weapon in advance, have a breakable chain, limited range, I ask the same damn question every time why not huntress? Sell me on slinger tell me how he differentiates himself in a way that makes him stand out.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543704#Comment_2543704

    A. The new ads is not something you can simply adjust to it's incredibly restrictive on turning movement. The shots you could have previously actually hit but can't now is going to mean extra loops and more expense of time the thing slinger doesn't have.

    B. The zoning is heavily dependent on packing ads movement add on's so now he's an add on dependent killer akin to myer's and his stalk add on's. Other then that many survivors will be able to do the same thing they have previously been doing to beat slingers putting distance and los blocker between you and him.

    C. The terror radius often meant you can get fast down's because your opening shots didn't always have to be with your harpoon. Now your losing more time shooting, reeling, reloading, shooting, reeling, reloading.

    D. the stun reduction is the only nice thing I can say about the changes but it does little to nothing to stop the time being hemorrhaged by all this clunky trash mechanics.

    The slinger game's I won were the one's I actively shot my gun and landed my shots. The slinger games I lost were the one's I spent trying this nonsense zoning crap. Not only that but you have no idea how tight your shots get against better survivors. They never give you an angle unless its a brief second on top of your slow ms this makes slinger frustratingly difficult to play. The quick scope meant you can thread that needle.

    If your actively prepping your ranged weapon in advance, have a breakable chain, limited range, I ask the same damn question every time why not huntress? Sell me on slinger tell me how he differentiates himself in a way that makes him stand out.

    Even with current Slinger, really good survivors will not give you LOS. And if they do, it's a split second.

    You want to get a long shot on large open maps? Good ######### luck, with how tight his projectile is sometimes it feels like you phase through survivors.

    Indoor maps with lots of corridors is why I don't think quickscoping should be taken away. It's so hard to get a moment's grace to land a shot when survivors can turn the corner on you before you can even land a hit.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    The people celebrating Deathslinger's nerf probably get dunked on by like every killer. Trapper and Pig included. They cheeks be clenched for them Trapper and Plague buffs, bruh.

    Most certainly, I've literally had a game where a full 4 man SWF DC'd the literal nanosecond they heard me fire my gun as Deathslinger...

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543704#Comment_2543704

    A. The new ads is not something you can simply adjust to it's incredibly restrictive on turning movement. The shots you could have previously actually hit but can't now is going to mean extra loops and more expense of time the thing slinger doesn't have.

    B. The zoning is heavily dependent on packing ads movement add on's so now he's an add on dependent killer akin to myer's and his stalk add on's. Other then that many survivors will be able to do the same thing they have previously been doing to beat slingers putting distance and los blocker between you and him.

    C. The terror radius often meant you can get fast down's because your opening shots didn't always have to be with your harpoon. Now your losing more time shooting, reeling, reloading, shooting, reeling, reloading.

    D. the stun reduction is the only nice thing I can say about the changes but it does little to nothing to stop the time being hemorrhaged by all this clunky trash mechanics.

    The slinger game's I won were the one's I actively shot my gun and landed my shots. The slinger games I lost were the one's I spent trying this nonsense zoning crap. Not only that but you have no idea how tight your shots get against better survivors. They never give you an angle unless its a brief second on top of your slow ms this makes slinger frustratingly difficult to play. The quick scope meant you can thread that needle.

    If your actively prepping your ranged weapon in advance, have a breakable chain, limited range, I ask the same damn question every time why not huntress? Sell me on slinger tell me how he differentiates himself in a way that makes him stand out.

    The whole zoning thing i managed to pull of ONCE when i tried it for shits and giggles against a group that was very, very obviously a toxic swf (and surprise, they were). And I've seen what they did from a lot of people that cried bloody murder about the 'op zoning through fake shots'.


    They try to evade by running in 90° angles. Said it before, but instead of just zigzagging and keeping on running forward, they stop pressing W and just press A/D (or the respective controller buttons)... like... what?

    And I got them because after a while I stopped with trying the fakeshots thing and played like I normally play. They were very much headless chicken

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546072#Comment_2546072

    Even with current Slinger, really good survivors will not give you LOS. And if they do, it's a split second.

    You want to get a long shot on large open maps? Good ######### luck, with how tight his projectile is sometimes it feels like you phase through survivors.

    Indoor maps with lots of corridors is why I don't think quickscoping should be taken away. It's so hard to get a moment's grace to land a shot when survivors can turn the corner on you before you can even land a hit.

    The thing is I've done that. I've scored countless sharpshooters at long range using quick scoping and excellent read's narrowly hitting long shots (hunt showdown makes you thread an even smaller needle comparatively). That split second and reflexes kicking in you know the hallmark of a good shooter skill representation. Foreign concept to the dbd community apparently. Its really funny how you can compare other game like hunt, apex, counterstrike etc where players actively engage in this kind of gameplay and note it as just skilled play where as in dbd its some abhorrent mechanic because you have to predict and evade the shot before he fires. The muzzle velocity on the gun is almost derringer level for all the moaning survivor's make.

    Indoor maps admittedly are much harder for me but indoor maps need to be thrown out of the game in general admittedly the game map was a massive step up in the right direction though there should be less pallets more vaults. There just bad for dbd, to many powers are clunky and unusable on them. On the topic of indoor maps the sheer increase in the number of these makes playing ranged killers the ones hurt the most miserable to play. I wish I could shake some sense into the people who keep designing these miserable maps.

1 2 ›