Spirit nerf can’t come soon enough

I really enjoy her a lot and I’m super excited for her nerf. Right now though, I don’t feel like playing her because she hasn’t gotten the nerf yet. I just feel bad for survivors because she still isn’t fun to play against right now. At least we don’t have too much longer to wait, only 2 weeks.

Comments

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543764#Comment_2543764

    Exactly but these changes kill that playstyle. Since survivors can know your position perfectly they can counter playstyle perfectly.

    Except she still moves at 176% speed so no they can't. Mathematically they cannot unless you position yourself wrong.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543761#Comment_2543761

    And what can she do while in phase if the survivor just jumps over the pallet when she gets close? As much as I hate to use him as an example tru3 already did a demonstration video on her.

    So did Scott and afaik neither of them are part of your Holy Spirit Main Council.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543761#Comment_2543761

    And what can she do while in phase if the survivor just jumps over the pallet when she gets close? As much as I hate to use him as an example tru3 already did a demonstration video on her.

    She is able to break strong pallets you know? And at weaker pallets she moves so fast it’s essentially a free hit. What pallet besides shack and specific god pallets can she not outplay?

  • And he said he has played a ton of spirit during the ptb

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543782#Comment_2543782

    So did Scott and afaik neither of them are part of your Holy Spirit Main Council.

    I’ve already told you a lot I’ll never talk with you on these topics lol please get out of my mentions <3


    PS if you can hit them using your power at a loop that even if they vault you can still get them, then you can just M1 them anyways lol

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543791#Comment_2543791

    I’ve already told you a lot I’ll never talk with you on these topics lol please get out of my mentions <3

    PS if you can hit them using your power at a loop that even if they vault you can still get them, then you can just M1 them anyways lol

    Then stop replying to me ❤️ you control this entire conversation, but you also concede I'm right.

    And what about undropped pallets then? And Windows too? You seem very focused on dropped pallets here

  • Any killer sucks to face when the survivors don't make an effort to learn or use effective tactics.

    Changes are for casual survivors, but the real effect will be felt in higher sbmm where players know how synergy and tiles work.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543782#Comment_2543782

    She is able to break strong pallets you know? And at weaker pallets she moves so fast it’s essentially a free hit. What pallet besides shack and specific god pallets can she not outplay?

    What Spirit has to actually break shack pallets now? GASP What is she nurse?

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543792#Comment_2543792

    What Spirit has to actually break shack pallets now? GASP What is she nurse?

    Yeah it’s insane!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543782#Comment_2543782

    She is able to break strong pallets you know? And at weaker pallets she moves so fast it’s essentially a free hit. What pallet besides shack and specific god pallets can she not outplay?

    Pretty much every pallet besides those teeny tiny little baby pallets in like Hawkins or those ones a killer can already just lunge around. Loops like T and L walls have become a complete bane for her existence same with long walls. And any pallet that isn’t dropped yet counters her extremely well. New anti Spirit meta will be just camping pallets

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285532/spirit-nerf-can-t-come-soon-enough

    The only thing that makes a killer fun to play against is winning. Any killer that is easy to beat and doesn't require too much thinking or game skill to do so is fun and balanced.

    The people complaining about Spirit never cared about balance. They didn't even try to enjoy having really pay attention to the killer's movements and using what you learned to outplay the killer. They just know that they can't run in circles or in a straight line and win, so they complained. Or maybe their favorite streamer told them Spirit is OP and it's ok to d/c against her.

    All I know for sure is: if Spirit is still strong after yet another series of nerfs for her, they'll complain and d/c just like they have all along until she finally gets nerfed into oblivion and is no longer fun to play as.

    Exactly this.

    All that people want is brainless running the killer without much thinking involved.

    Spirit and nurse are my 2 favorite killers to play against because you have to work for it.

    @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543222#Comment_2543222

    "They didn't even try to enjoy having really pay attention to the killer's movements and using what you learned to outplay the killer."

    I mean you can't really read her movements because she gives no information lol.

    There's something called thinking outside of the box.

    Get in the head of spirit and you will know what she'll be doing.

    People are creatures of habits and will do the same thing multiple times.

    Find those things and you'll know what she'll be doing.

    Don't dc against her or kill on hook and just learn her for a chance

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Any killer sucks to face when the survivors don't make an effort to learn or use effective tactics.

    Changes are for casual survivors, but the real effect will be felt in higher sbmm where players know how synergy and tiles work.

    Then what are the tactics against a spirit in chase assuming you don’t have IW

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285532/spirit-nerf-can-t-come-soon-enough

    The only thing that makes a killer fun to play against is winning. Any killer that is easy to beat and doesn't require too much thinking or game skill to do so is fun and balanced.

    The people complaining about Spirit never cared about balance. They didn't even try to enjoy having really pay attention to the killer's movements and using what you learned to outplay the killer. They just know that they can't run in circles or in a straight line and win, so they complained. Or maybe their favorite streamer told them Spirit is OP and it's ok to d/c against her.

    All I know for sure is: if Spirit is still strong after yet another series of nerfs for her, they'll complain and d/c just like they have all along until she finally gets nerfed into oblivion and is no longer fun to play as.

    man shut up. No one finds a match where the killer can do nothing fun

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543782#Comment_2543782

    She is able to break strong pallets you know? And at weaker pallets she moves so fast it’s essentially a free hit. What pallet besides shack and specific god pallets can she not outplay?

    Also wanna add since I forgot, yeah any killer can break strong pallets what’s your point? I’m focusing on dropped pallets because pre-dropping and camping pallets are both now great counters to her. Would you say clown is good because he can counter short loops?

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543222#Comment_2543222

    Exactly this.

    All that people want is brainless running the killer without much thinking involved.

    Spirit and nurse are my 2 favorite killers to play against because you have to work for it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543227#Comment_2543227

    There's something called thinking outside of the box.

    Get in the head of spirit and you will know what she'll be doing.

    People are creatures of habits and will do the same thing multiple times.

    Find those things and you'll know what she'll be doing.

    Don't dc against her or kill on hook and just learn her for a chance

    Gann literally mains spirit are yoU OKAY-

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543792#Comment_2543792

    Pretty much every pallet besides those teeny tiny little baby pallets in like Hawkins or those ones a killer can already just lunge around. Loops like T and L walls have become a complete bane for her existence same with long walls. And any pallet that isn’t dropped yet counters her extremely well. New anti Spirit meta will be just camping pallets

    You do know how long her post phase lunge is right? What you can do is use the new directional sound to bait the vault and move at 176% to their side and hit the lunge. Once they expect this you can just go forward.

    You can’t camp pallets against her when she catches you before you get to the next one due to her speed.

    If you are genuinely getting outplayed at a T L wall as spirit I don’t know what to tell you

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543819#Comment_2543819

    You do know how long her post phase lunge is right? What you can do is use the new directional sound to bait the vault and move at 176% to their side and hit the lunge. Once they expect this you can just go forward.

    You can’t camp pallets against her when she catches you before you get to the next one due to her speed.

    If you are genuinely getting outplayed at a T L wall as spirit I don’t know what to tell you

    Explain how she has time to do all that AND predict the survivors next move? This change simply takes away the prediction survivors needed to do and puts all the work on spirit just for a power which won’t work. A T and L wall pallet is long enough for a survivor to just vault over when she gets close enough. From there she’s just useless. The time it takes to power up a phase and then catch up to a survivor is alone enough for a survivor to reach a new window or pallet hence why it was never an amazing idea unless you had speed add ons, activation time add ons, or knew they were close enough/they were heading to a dead zone anyways.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543837#Comment_2543837

    Explain how she has time to do all that AND predict the survivors next move? This change simply takes away the prediction survivors needed to do and puts all the work on spirit just for a power which won’t work. A T and L wall pallet is long enough for a survivor to just vault over when she gets close enough. From there she’s just useless. The time it takes to power up a phase and then catch up to a survivor is alone enough for a survivor to reach a new window or pallet hence why it was never an amazing idea unless you had speed add ons, activation time add ons, or knew they were close enough/they were heading to a dead zone anyways.

    Excuse me but I wasn’t aware t and l walls had pallets. The spirit still has many means to track the survivors such as scratches foliage, footsteps and grunts of pain so not all of the work is on her. The activation time isn’t enough to offset the movement speed in most cases barring certain maps like the game (but that’s an issue with the map not spirit). Thing is if spirit uses her power in short bursts at a loop then even if the survivor outplays her the penalty is minimal.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543792#Comment_2543792

    Also wanna add since I forgot, yeah any killer can break strong pallets what’s your point? I’m focusing on dropped pallets because pre-dropping and camping pallets are both now great counters to her. Would you say clown is good because he can counter short loops?

    But she can outplay all but the strongest pallets anyway. So what if she has to break 2 or 3 immediately

  • I'm also looking forward to trying her out once she's been given the directional sound cue.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543842#Comment_2543842

    Excuse me but I wasn’t aware t and l walls had pallets. The spirit still has many means to track the survivors such as scratches foliage, footsteps and grunts of pain so not all of the work is on her. The activation time isn’t enough to offset the movement speed in most cases barring certain maps like the game (but that’s an issue with the map not spirit). Thing is if spirit uses her power in short bursts at a loop then even if the survivor outplays her the penalty is minimal.

    Wait I’m stupid I forgot the name 💀💀💀 I looked it up and it said they’re called single pallet gyms. And you guys over value the speed boost. It doesn’t cover as much distance as you’d like to believe in all honesty.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543825#Comment_2543825

    But she can outplay all but the strongest pallets anyway. So what if she has to break 2 or 3 immediately

    She can’t really outplay any of the strongest pallets. All of them can be camped and once you hear her getting close just slam down the pallet on her side it’s easy as hell. Also I’d be fine with making it so Spirit can’t hear grunts of pain or breathing since personally I never really used them anyways but I don’t get why they decided to give survivors TOO MUCH information.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543847#Comment_2543847

    Wait I’m stupid I forgot the name 💀💀💀 I looked it up and it said they’re called single pallet gyms. And you guys over value the speed boost. It doesn’t cover as much distance as you’d like to believe in all honesty.

    Oh well in that case you can play the shorter side or do what I said before and bait the vault with the directional sound. As for the speed boost you have to remember you’re moving 76% faster than survivors base kit which is huge since compared to someone like billy and blight you have full control over movement

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543850#Comment_2543850

    She can’t really outplay any of the strongest pallets. All of them can be camped and once you hear her getting close just slam down the pallet on her side it’s easy as hell. Also I’d be fine with making it so Spirit can’t hear grunts of pain or breathing since personally I never really used them anyways but I don’t get why they decided to give survivors TOO MUCH information.

    You see once they slam it down you go around the short side. If they vault then double back and lunge

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543853#Comment_2543853

    You see once they slam it down you go around the short side. If they vault then double back and lunge

    That’s assuming you have the time to do all that. And to add to your point of going 76% faster than survivors, it seems like a lot but you have to account for the distance they’ve already made and continue to make while also assuming they move solely in a straight line. Survivors can also slow vault or just walk away from the pallet which you’ll never know. Also baiting the vault won’t do much against great survivors since they’ll know when to time it so even if you get close enough and unphase they’ll still be on the opposite pallet.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543785#Comment_2543785

    And he said he has played a ton of spirit during the ptb

    He did the only problem with the ptb its that it matches anyone with anyone so its kind of hard to tell. My biggest worry is that the survivors can just camp pallets and windows and vault it because they can tell she's on there side and the spirit will have no clue. I'm worried they did a hit validation on spirit honestly.

    BTW I am a spirit/Myers main and will be playing my fresh p3 spirit day one of patch to find out.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543852#Comment_2543852

    Oh well in that case you can play the shorter side or do what I said before and bait the vault with the directional sound. As for the speed boost you have to remember you’re moving 76% faster than survivors base kit which is huge since compared to someone like billy and blight you have full control over movement

    So mind game like any other killer would do but blind?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543868#Comment_2543868

    That’s assuming you have the time to do all that. And to add to your point of going 76% faster than survivors, it seems like a lot but you have to account for the distance they’ve already made and continue to make while also assuming they move solely in a straight line. Survivors can also slow vault or just walk away from the pallet which you’ll never know. Also baiting the vault won’t do much against great survivors since they’ll know when to time it so even if you get close enough and unphase they’ll still be on the opposite pallet.

    Slow vaulting makes the survivor do a grunt noise which is fairly noticeable. Plus walking can move foliage and you can just stop phasing when the scratches end

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543859#Comment_2543859

    So mind game like any other killer would do but blind?

    Except you’re moving at 176% speed and you have a massive lunge. Plus no red stain

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543914#Comment_2543914

    Except you’re moving at 176% speed and you have a massive lunge. Plus no red stain

    Your assuming they vault what if they don't or just run because you did that last time?

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543921#Comment_2543921

    Your assuming they vault what if they don't or just run because you did that last time?

    Then you see their scratch marks because they are running

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543924#Comment_2543924

    Then you see their scratch marks because they are running

    You can also walk away and the spirit get so would have no clue. There was already counters to spirit they just weren't guaranteed everytime and thats why there's only 2 viable killers because they don't have 100% counters the thing is survivors want to be on equal ground as a killer using there power when if a killer is using there power correctly then they should almost always have the upper hand other wise whats the point of having a power?(legion)

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543927#Comment_2543927

    You can also walk away and the spirit get so would have no clue. There was already counters to spirit they just weren't guaranteed everytime and thats why there's only 2 viable killers because they don't have 100% counters the thing is survivors want to be on equal ground as a killer using there power when if a killer is using there power correctly then they should almost always have the upper hand other wise whats the point of having a power?(legion)

    If you walk away the spirit will just end phase the second she sees no scratches and then find you easily.

    I don’t want every killer to be trash I want a killer who I can react to and have a chance to outplay with skill as opposed to blind guessing. This is why I like blight, Oni, Bubba, PH, Billy, huntress and wraith since they have these options

  • I don't know gann and the way he talks is just like someone who pretends to play a certain killer or killer in general, then say that comes here and say "I main killer and even I find this said killer broken"

    So to answer your question, yes I am okay as i don't know gann nor have i ever seen his/her gameplay. 😉

  • Kinda funny, I've always hated spirit because she was unfun to play against and I assumed that everybody playing her was playing her for easy wins and not because they enjoyed playing her.

    Imagine my surprise then, as a death slinger main, when I saw the community reaction to his nerfs, and I found out that all along I was that which I abhorred.😅

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543937#Comment_2543937

    If you walk away the spirit will just end phase the second she sees no scratches and then find you easily.

    I don’t want every killer to be trash I want a killer who I can react to and have a chance to outplay with skill as opposed to blind guessing. This is why I like blight, Oni, Bubba, PH, Billy, huntress and wraith since they have these options

    But they might of vaulted the window and walked away unless they are injured and not running the meta IW its all a guessing game for the spirit as to what the survivor is doing at a window or downed pallet she still has to try to mind game which waste time like all other killers yet she can't see the survivor,scratches are extremely inaccurate,there isn't foliage everywhere one every map and IW is meta and only has 5 seconds base to figure it all out. But the survivors get a loud whoosh im right here.

    See they most have easy counters sure you will eventually go down but after 3-4 gens does it matter? Now I've been playing alot of console huntress lately and there is a skill vs skill thing with the hatches and dodging.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543834#Comment_2543834

    I don't know gann and the way he talks is just like someone who pretends to play a certain killer or killer in general, then say that comes here and say "I main killer and even I find this said killer broken"

    So to answer your question, yes I am okay as i don't know gann nor have i ever seen his/her gameplay. 😉

    Trust me when i say they’ve been maining spirit since they joined the forums and is very competent with the killer

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543943#Comment_2543943

    But they might of vaulted the window and walked away unless they are injured and not running the meta IW its all a guessing game for the spirit as to what the survivor is doing at a window or downed pallet she still has to try to mind game which waste time like all other killers yet she can't see the survivor,scratches are extremely inaccurate,there isn't foliage everywhere one every map and IW is meta and only has 5 seconds base to figure it all out. But the survivors get a loud whoosh im right here.

    See they most have easy counters sure you will eventually go down but after 3-4 gens does it matter? Now I've been playing alot of console huntress lately and there is a skill vs skill thing with the hatches and dodging.

    Survivors make a grunting sound when they slow vault a window so even if the slow vault while healthy you can hear them. IW isn’t a solid counter since it’s perk

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I’m glad a lot of spirit’s are happy with the changes. I know I am too.

    Please nerf IW next though

    Yes please, I am a proud Iron Will hater and will never use it unless I’m going for adept Jake or archive challenge.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543663#Comment_2543663

    Gann mains spirit so your argument has instantly collapsed like my first relationship

    Bro you got me laughing in my bed at 7 am trying to force myself out of bed. Thanks for waking me up :)

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543988#Comment_2543988

    Survivors make a grunting sound when they slow vault a window so even if the slow vault while healthy you can hear them. IW isn’t a solid counter since it’s perk

    Well have to see when she goes live. I just hope she doesn't drop below B tier.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543570#Comment_2543570

    I’ve mained spirit since her PTB and Spirit mains are all in agreement this is a massive nerf that completely has killed her. She has no anti loop potential now as survivors can pin point her exact location, she has a mediocre transition counter that won’t work most of the time, a lot of her good add ons were nerfed for seemingly no reason, and on top of all this they did nothing to actually somewhat compensate this nerf. They threw her in a coffin, put all the nails in, buried it 10 feet underground, then threw that chunk of land into a volcano.

    She moves at 176% movement speed and still has unpredictable movements. You still have the control in the chase and the mind games. You just won’t win every game with her anymore because that’s how it should work in PvP.

    Go watch Scott Jund’s video on how to mind game with the new Spirit.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543222#Comment_2543222

    Exactly this.

    All that people want is brainless running the killer without much thinking involved.

    Spirit and nurse are my 2 favorite killers to play against because you have to work for it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543227#Comment_2543227

    There's something called thinking outside of the box.

    Get in the head of spirit and you will know what she'll be doing.

    People are creatures of habits and will do the same thing multiple times.

    Find those things and you'll know what she'll be doing.

    Don't dc against her or kill on hook and just learn her for a chance

    I’ve tried every possible mind game that people have convince can work against her. It only works against players who are new to Spirit which doesn’t necessarily make a killer fair. Now good Spirits will be able to do real mind games and won’t notice that much of a difference in the reward for playing her. I hope they don’t add the dust kicking though.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543700#Comment_2543700

    Bro you got me laughing in my bed at 7 am trying to force myself out of bed. Thanks for waking me up :)

    You're welcome :)

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543820#Comment_2543820

    I’ve tried every possible mind game that people have convince can work against her. It only works against players who are new to Spirit which doesn’t necessarily make a killer fair. Now good Spirits will be able to do real mind games and won’t notice that much of a difference in the reward for playing her. I hope they don’t add the dust kicking though.

    Maybe, tho i went against really good spirits and was able to fool them.

    Just as long as you stay unpredictable you can get far as the chase is just about wasting as much time as you can.

    About the dust kicking, i too hope they will never add it.

    Tbf the only change spirit needed with her base kit, was when you're in her TR making a little sound que when she went into her phase.

    That make the standing still "mindgame" more fair, other than that i don't think she needed anything else.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543996#Comment_2543996

    Well have to see when she goes live. I just hope she doesn't drop below B tier.

    I doubt she will be lower than A tier to be honest

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543714#Comment_2543714

    Dude flat out admits he won’t play her and if he did play her he’d understand she really isn’t bad in live servers especially against veterans who know how to play lol. Like if they wanna mute breathing sounds n stuff while spirit phases then whatever. But giving survivors the EXACT location of the spirit while she phases was just gross.

    I played her last night lol. 4k’ed on Red Forest with Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, Hex: Plaything, Hex: Retribution, Bloody Hair Brooch, and Zōri. I just don’t play her as much as I should currently but you bet I’ll play her a bunch when the nerf hits live.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543722#Comment_2543722

    I played her last night lol. 4k’ed on Red Forest with Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, Hex: Plaything, Hex: Retribution, Bloody Hair Brooch, and Zōri. I just don’t play her as much as I should currently but you bet I’ll play her a bunch when the nerf hits live.

    No no clearly you never touch her stop lying since you aren't a member of the Holy Spirit Main Council

  • I’m excited to play Spirit and against her when this goes live. I’m especially excited for her new chase music, it’ll add more intensity to the match.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543663#Comment_2543663

    can you point me to this secret council of Spirit Mains youve contacted

    Aye it’s Scott got spund :P

1 2 3