Are you talking about insta flashlight saves? If so, no not everyone was having fun and were happy...Survivors were the only ones having a jolly old time!
Are you talking about insta flashlight saves? If so, no not everyone was having fun and were happy...Survivors were the only ones having a jolly old time!
No, it was when you blind killer anytime if he trying to pick up survivor, he still drops the survivor.Pallet save was the same
Oh you mean that time when devs actually went back on an update because killers couldnt pick people up? Then they tried to say it was actually intended in the game to try and make people be quiet?
I don't think it should be true for flashlights but I do think the window should be slighter longer for pallet saves - sometimes when the killer has like 100+ ping they've moved before you get a chance but they can either do it or not I'm not bothered.
Yet here I am getting 2 to 3 saves a game if i bring Sprint bust and empathy. Still easy to get the save if the killer picks them up in the open and you know how far you have to be.
@ConsoleNurse said:
When devs did it accidently, It was really fun to play.Everyone was happy and active player numbers increased a lot.What do you think guys
Okay I’m going to be completely honest. This shouldn’t happen. Not anymore, anyway. The instablinds, and pallet drop timings add for another level of difficulty to the game. If you cannot hit those timings as of now, that is purely on you.
Flashlights are only a hindrance to killers who don't know how to play around them, so the save at any point of the animation change didn't effect the way I played personally and I never had any issue with it. I did understand why it got changed though, considering the majority of the player base is casual and don't know how to play around flashlights.
Being real for a second, I do want to see that. The pickup animation is so short now that it's next to impossible for anyone to blind you. Even if someone's close, just looking the opposite way buys you so much time that it's legitimately hard to get blinded now (unless you're just being careless, in which case, you sorta' deserve to be blinded).
But as a killer main, I don't think it should come down to frame perfect timing to stun me right as the animation ends. If someone's using a flashlight and I failed to check the area first, or if the survivor's in a pallet and I carelessly pick them up without checking if someone's nearby, I shouldn't get handouts. There's plenty of counterplay to it nowadays. I feel like the point where you failed to check the area and a survivor was there ready for a save should be the deciding factor, not if they memorized the exact moment of your animation that they need to start blinding at. That just makes it clunky.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Are you talking about insta flashlight saves? If so, no not everyone was having fun and were happy...Survivors were the only ones having a jolly old time!
Play a bit of Killer yourself, all the way up to high ranks. Then you'll see for yourself 'why'.
Yeah i remember.
Devs tried to push this back then.
That was cancerous.
The reason why it was removed as fast as it appeared.
Because getting off the shoulder of a killer is supposed to be rare
I want a puppy.
It's nice to want things.
It sure doesn't mean that you're going to get them though.
Oh you mean that time when devs actually went back on an update because killers couldnt pick people up? Then they tried to say it was actually intended in the game to try and make people be quiet?
Yea talk about everyone having fun.
I don't think it should be true for flashlights but I do think the window should be slighter longer for pallet saves - sometimes when the killer has like 100+ ping they've moved before you get a chance but they can either do it or not I'm not bothered.
“People were so happy” lmao tf are you thinking. Why do you think the devs reverted the changes so quickly?
You sure about that? They're a lot of work.
"Lot's of fun" eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98e-Y4Lu8w I may not be a psychologist, but don't think that Mathieu was having fun in this clip,
This is some low tier bait.
Flashlights are only a hindrance to killers who don't know how to play around them, so the save at any point of the animation change didn't effect the way I played personally and I never had any issue with it. I did understand why it got changed though, considering the majority of the player base is casual and don't know how to play around flashlights.
They are; gotta boil them longer than chicken, but they taste like heaven when done right. Yea I want a puppy.
lul only if killers can mori by default
yes then i dont have too use my 25+ tombstones
Being real for a second, I do want to see that. The pickup animation is so short now that it's next to impossible for anyone to blind you. Even if someone's close, just looking the opposite way buys you so much time that it's legitimately hard to get blinded now (unless you're just being careless, in which case, you sorta' deserve to be blinded).
But as a killer main, I don't think it should come down to frame perfect timing to stun me right as the animation ends. If someone's using a flashlight and I failed to check the area first, or if the survivor's in a pallet and I carelessly pick them up without checking if someone's nearby, I shouldn't get handouts. There's plenty of counterplay to it nowadays. I feel like the point where you failed to check the area and a survivor was there ready for a save should be the deciding factor, not if they memorized the exact moment of your animation that they need to start blinding at. That just makes it clunky.