This is a stupid thing to be upset over but...

I'm irritated that they're just giving out the dwightcrow charm this year. I got it off of a code on PS4 last time and felt really happy about that considering how awful typing on that platform is, so this just feels like it invalidates it I guess. I know complaining about a charm of all things is stupid, especially for this game, but here I am regardless lol.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • That's valid feedback. They made it look ultra-exclusive and now it appears they lied. Hopefully they do stuff differently in the future.

  • you got it earlier than everyone else. cherish that memory and let others enjoy the charm aswell.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's valid feedback. They made it look ultra-exclusive and now it appears they lied. Hopefully they do stuff differently in the future.

    That's not a first, they promised voice lines for Pinhead and lied. They said Trickster was the first Killer to talk, but Plague exists, so they've lied.

    They lie when it's convenient for them.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    you got it earlier than everyone else. cherish that memory and let others enjoy the charm aswell.

    NO! NO GOOD CHARMS FOR YOU

  • I'm happy they gave it out to everyone this year. The mad scramble for charm codes did more harm than good, IMO. It also squares up with the timeline on a lot of other stuff, like Rift skins -- exclusive for about a year and then released to everyone.

  • When i hear BHVR talking about "exclusives" always laughing.

  • As someone who got the code last year.

    I'm so ######### HAPPY they gave away the charm. I hope this means they'll do away with giving away exclusive ######### in the future.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's valid feedback. They made it look ultra-exclusive and now it appears they lied. Hopefully they do stuff differently in the future.

    They didn’t “lie”, they changed their minds. That’s like digginng up someone’s twitter history to call them a bigot when it was posted ten years ago.

    They’d get a bigger shitstorm over them if they did things the same way as last year. Now that was awful.

    @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537121#Comment_2537121

    That's not a first, they promised voice lines for Pinhead and lied. They said Trickster was the first Killer to talk, but Plague exists, so they've lied.

    They lie when it's convenient for them.

    Also not a lie. You can’t honestly think they wouldn’t much rather have kept the voicelines?

    Regarding Trickster, he’s the first killer to talk in a living language. A language players could easily speak themselves. That’s a mistake, not a lie. A miniscule semantic mistake at that.

    Y’all are really prone to call BHVR names for the smallest things, huh?

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537121#Comment_2537121

    They didn’t “lie”, they changed their minds. That’s like digginng up someone’s twitter history to call them a bigot when it was posted ten years ago.

    They’d get a bigger shitstorm over them if they did things the same way as last year. Now that was awful.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537195#Comment_2537195

    Also not a lie. You can’t honestly think they wouldn’t much rather have kept the voicelines?

    Regarding Trickster, he’s the first killer to talk in a living language. A language players could easily speak themselves. That’s a mistake, not a lie. A miniscule semantic mistake at that.

    Y’all are really prone to call BHVR names for the smallest things, huh?

    I "put appeared they lied" just because from my POV it does look like they did. That was more addressed to OP than Behaviour.

  • Oh...charms lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537435#Comment_2537435

    I "put appeared they lied" just because from my POV it does look like they did. That was more addressed to OP than Behaviour.

    I misread your comment then, my apologies.

    The sentiment still applies, though.

  • I'd be more mad they didn't do this last year instead of making an exclusive code that each person can only redeem once that is unfair to console players who have trouble typing on console.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    you got it earlier than everyone else. cherish that memory and let others enjoy the charm aswell.

    Mom says it's my turn with the charm.

  • @KingFrost said:

    I'd be more mad they didn't do this last year instead of making an exclusive code that each person can only redeem once that is unfair to console players who have trouble typing on console.

    That's true, I miss out on "exclusive" content a lot so this whole thing just annoys me. I can definitely agree that console players were at an inherent disadvantage, which is why I felt good about still being able to get it at the time.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    I'm irritated that they're just giving out the dwightcrow charm this year. I got it off of a code on PS4 last time and felt really happy about that considering how awful typing on that platform is, so this just feels like it invalidates it I guess. I know complaining about a charm of all things is stupid, especially for this game, but here I am regardless lol.

    The only thing you should feel bad / upset over is that you feel bad / upset over something that's no one else's business. It's perfectly okay to feel that way. You are confident enough to voice your opinion even if others will likely disagree with you and I think that's pretty cool. The people who should feel bad are those who resort to personal attacks because they can't handle that someone else has a different opinion.

    Personally I disagree with you on the charm, I think it's great that the charm is coming back even though I already have it. I don't like such exclusive items, even if they are timed, and personally I would prefer if the code for it was valid at all times and not just during some time of the year. I can see where you are coming from with this though - especially because it is a minor item there wouldn't really be any "damage" if it stayed exclusive but for me it's just personal preference to have it available for other players.

    For example, there might be a player out there who really likes the visual of the charm for some reason, but didn't even play the game when it was available. I don't think it's fair that this player is forced to miss out on it just so others, a majority of whom I feel don't even use it ever (for example I have it but I have literally never used it and probably never will) can feel exclusive / special for having it.

    But still, your opinion is valid and don't let anyone tell you otherwise 👍

  • hmm lets see what else has been called exclusive and then given away for free to everyone

    dweard

    fire rooster

    red trim leather hoody

    leather hoody

    retro sneakers

    old school windbreaker

    retro windbreaker

    purple cords

    claudettes weekend shirt

    old man jake

    sharp mustache jake

    studded jacket

    classic sleeveless

    the BIG hat

    the TPGS hat

    Merry sacrifice

    lazer bears victory polo

    lazer victory shorts

    phenox rises polo

    donkey jacket

    marked bolo machete

    iron chuckles

    all hallow eyes

    frosty eyes

    chuckles

    ornate mask

    best new trap mask

    marked bloodlust axe

    marked spike maul

    pro pain

    marked bridal saw

    sally of the lantern

    hare-black

    Hound

    that is all the outfits that were said to be unique to people who got it at the time but were then given to everyone

  • there are about 36 charms that are the same deal

  • It's a charm, and it was stupid to link it to streamers. I'd rather play the game and earn it than watch someone else who is like worse than me or one of those toxic players.

    Most people missed out on it just due to the small amount or the ability to not watch the stream and quickly type it in. Nothing should be made that way, earning things through the game would be different. Iv played the game 5 years but I didnt get a crow, yet some players with less than 500 hours got it... not really fair was it...

  • I just want to quickly drop in to clarify that it never has been claimed as exclusive when it first released. From time to time we might make something available to our partners, and these will often become available to all of the community. This can happen to other content that might seen/considered as 'exclusive' (such as the rift cosmetics that may or may not appear in the shop at a later date).

    It is okay to also feel this way and the feedback is valuable nonetheless.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537121#Comment_2537121

    They didn’t “lie”, they changed their minds. That’s like digginng up someone’s twitter history to call them a bigot when it was posted ten years ago.

    They’d get a bigger shitstorm over them if they did things the same way as last year. Now that was awful.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537195#Comment_2537195

    Also not a lie. You can’t honestly think they wouldn’t much rather have kept the voicelines?

    Regarding Trickster, he’s the first killer to talk in a living language. A language players could easily speak themselves. That’s a mistake, not a lie. A miniscule semantic mistake at that.

    Y’all are really prone to call BHVR names for the smallest things, huh?

    Underrated post.

    it’s so bizarre that people try to dig up/make up stuff to call BHVR out for that just isn’t even true.

    we have enough issues that actually need to be addressed (like optimization or gamebreaking/persisting bugs) but people make up stories and kinda distract from those actual issues..

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537121#Comment_2537121

    They didn’t “lie”, they changed their minds. That’s like digginng up someone’s twitter history to call them a bigot when it was posted ten years ago.

    They’d get a bigger shitstorm over them if they did things the same way as last year. Now that was awful.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2537195#Comment_2537195

    Also not a lie. You can’t honestly think they wouldn’t much rather have kept the voicelines?

    Regarding Trickster, he’s the first killer to talk in a living language. A language players could easily speak themselves. That’s a mistake, not a lie. A miniscule semantic mistake at that.

    Y’all are really prone to call BHVR names for the smallest things, huh?

    Speaking is speaking, regardless if the language is a IRL dead language or not. Clearly Sumerian is not a dead language in Dead by Daylight.

  • How the hell did you even manage to get it on ps4? That whole event was scuffed for console players.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    I'm irritated that they're just giving out the dwightcrow charm this year. I got it off of a code on PS4 last time and felt really happy about that considering how awful typing on that platform is, so this just feels like it invalidates it I guess. I know complaining about a charm of all things is stupid, especially for this game, but here I am regardless lol.

    I feel the same way but honestly they've given almost every old exclusive to us already, aside from Legacy, so I can't really be too upset. I've worn it for a year because of its rarity, but now? Looks like I'll have to run other charms.

  • That code was a nightmare to type in on console. Glad they rereleased it this year and made it easier.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    How the hell did you even manage to get it on ps4? That whole event was scuffed for console players.

    Hell if I know, luck I guess.

  • I got it with the codes and I'm not uspset they're giving it away.

    I'm upset they released it with limited codes first.