a simple solution to tunneling (and a salve for DCs)
Here's my simple solution for tunneling: as a new core mechanic (i.e. doesn't need a perk), every survivor's repair speed is inversely proportional to the number of living survivors. For example, let's say survivors get a 20% bonus to repair speed for every dead survivor. This will encourage killers to "spread the love" rather than tunneling and killing a single survivor right away, because killing one survivor without touching the rest means that the rest of the survivors repair at 120% speed. Killers will want to prioritize getting multiple survivors to 2 hooks before killing anyone, because this will minimize the amount of time the remaining survivors get that repair bonus. To support this, killers should also see hook marks on portraits to help them track who they should and shouldn't be focusing on. And, of course, base repair speed would need to be adjusted down a bit to balance.
This would also help with DCs, as the remaining survivors will get that repair bonus, meaning that the game isn't essentially over if one survivor DCs at match start like it does now.
This would also also make "left for dead" attainable, and more viable as an actual strategy, as the last remaining survivor will be repairing at 160% speed, which would make it much more likely that they could finish the last gen before the killer finds and slams the hatch.
I suspect replies will complain that this would encourage slugging. I agree it would make slugging a little more appealing than it already is, but not by much. And as a survivor, I'd rather be slugged (and able to crawl away and hide and heal myself) than hanging on a hook, one step closer to sacrificed, and unable to do anything.
What do you think?
Comments
I think you should play killer more.
I'm a killer main. Who wants everyone to have fun and not feel tunneled.
Getting gen rushed is worse then being tunneled. Being chased as survivor is where the fun is at. There is nothing fun about gens popping and you want to buff that? As survivor I accept being tunneled because killer needs to do that, and I tunnel as killer also. That is the game but blame the game not the player.
Don't use fun word when describing everyone. Every single player has different meaning of it. If you enjoy being toy in survivors hands, I'm not. And if i feel like i need to kill survivor, i will do it. It's my job when I chose to play killer.
And buffing gen speed is worse possible suggestion.
Gen speeds don't need to be buff and tunneling isn't an issue.