Killers hit angle
Why do I always get hit by the killer when he is not even looking at me. And don't even start about latency, it happens at every amount of ping. It even happens when I'm playing killer. I don't even need to look at the survivor to hit them. Is this going to get fixed or are killers just going to hit every ######### lunge ever.
Comments
At what tick rate does the socket run?
Let's do some math:
Wrong capsule-shaped surv hitbox that is 3x times bigger than the actual surv and doesn't change with any movement (except crouch)
PLUS
Huge spheric shaped killer hitbox that can hit in any direction in 90% of the lunge movement
PLUS
Lag due to p2p connection
IS EQUAL TO
Counter-intuitive collision system you have to get used to after hundreds of hours of play (if you're a surv, if killer is just a gift).
THEREFORE
Just get used to this #########, is not gonna change: when they tried to rework the huntress hatchets to a more realistic one they made a mess cause suddenly they had to aim (lol).
You are always there for a laugh,
Thanks
Exactly. When it doesn't even lign up from a killer's perpective, I can only imagine what it looks like on the survivor's side.
I am sorry for you. I hug you dearly.
Here, come poor fellow player, I teach you something now.
HITBOXES
SURVIVORS: they are all capsule shaped and are the same size for every character.

Amazingly they don't change in shape when you do a gen or a totem (!!!!) so you can basically be hitten 1 meter above your head.
They reduce slightly when you crouch, but that is all.
CURRENT HATCHET: the big sphere is the hitbox of the hatchet, if any part of the sphere hits any part of the capsule, you go down.

See that small sphere inside, near the hatchet handle? Well THAT is the hatchet collision to the other objects of the world.
If THAT small sphere hits a tree then the hatchet hits a tree, otherwise you go down.
This answers to "I got hit behind a tree" or "around the corner!". This is why.
REWORKED HATCHET this is the rework they tried to apply to the hatchet, with hitbox and collision of the same squared shape and size, more similar to the actualt shape of the hatchet.

Complaints from the killers where so loud they had to rollback to the above.
So, dear @Master, maybe study the above math and STFU?
Hugs
Actually I have a master degree in maths, funny that you mention this
You claimed that the survivor hitbox is 3 times bigger than the actual survivor, clearly your image disproves that.
Killer hitboxes are completely irrelevant when it comes to hit detection.
Btw, we are talking about melee hits here, but apparently you didnt even bother reading the thread
As I said, always great to have a laugh
The survivors hitbox is too wide, and this has nothing to do with latency. If you and another survivor were walking through a hallway from opposite directions, eventually you would meet and stop moving because you would be 'in the way' of each other when there would about a foot of distance from each other.
Maybe you should give back the master you invented... ever heard of 3 dimensions?
If looking at the Meg standing on the XY plan already takes 1 additional Meg to fill the capsule, how do you think that Meg looks from the side (Z axis)?
3x Megs to fill up that capsule... sorry.
I will simply stop here because there is clearly no point in arguing with.
lol @ arguing with the survivor biased troll
Does this mean that I hit when I as a killer swing at a survivor and turn around during the swing?