Dbd is horrible for new killers now

I'm learning killer, and I only get matched against expert survivors. Is ridiculous, expert loopers, flash light saves, body blocking hooks. Is impossible for new killers to have a good match if the skill levels are not even. The whole thing is juat a f..ing nightmare.

Comments

  • If you're new then you are going against new players, you just need more time.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    If you're new then you are going against new players, you just need more time.

    Actually, from what we know, a new player just starting out is placed in the high-middle in terms of MMR. They'll theoretically lose horribly and their MMR will go down, but it won't be instant, you only lose so many points for each loss.

    Sorry about your experience @sluc16 . This game isn't beginner friendly.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521965#Comment_2521965

    Actually, from what we know, a new player just starting out is placed in the high-middle in terms of MMR. They'll theoretically lose horribly and their MMR will go down, but it won't be instant, you only lose so many points for each loss.

    Sorry about your experience @sluc16 . This game isn't beginner friendly.

    Oh okay.

    To be fair, when I first started out I would get horribly stomped by survivors as killer. Way back when Stranger Things was added. It sounds like not a lot has changed in regard to skill gap when starting.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521970#Comment_2521970

    Oh okay.

    To be fair, when I first started out I would get horribly stomped by survivors as killer. Way back when Stranger Things was added. It sounds like not a lot has changed in regard to skill gap when starting.

    Yeah, the matchmaking has always been bad, but I remember it getting worse (and staying worse) when the Stranger Things chapter released.

    At least back then players started at rank 20 and had to pip up, but unfortunately. 1. anyone could depip back to rank 20, 2. you pip up pretty fast and are quickly put up against more skilled opponents, and 3. queue time was (and still is, I think) prioritized over a well-suited match, meaning it wasn't uncommon for rank 20s and red ranks to be in the same lobby.

    Personally, I would never recommend this game to anyone. I often enjoy learning new things, but DbD? Oof, it's miserable to be a new player trying to learn the ropes.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521970#Comment_2521970

    Oh okay.

    To be fair, when I first started out I would get horribly stomped by survivors as killer. Way back when Stranger Things was added. It sounds like not a lot has changed in regard to skill gap when starting.

    Yep, looks like it. Honestly is not fun

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2521975#Comment_2521975

    Yeah, the matchmaking has always been bad, but I remember it getting worse (and staying worse) when the Stranger Things chapter released.

    At least back then players started at rank 20 and had to pip up, but unfortunately. 1. anyone could depip back to rank 20, 2. you pip up pretty fast and are quickly put up against more skilled opponents, and 3. queue time was (and still is, I think) prioritized over a well-suited match, meaning it wasn't uncommon for rank 20s and red ranks to be in the same lobby.

    Personally, I would never recommend this game to anyone. I often enjoy learning new things, but DbD? Oof, it's miserable to be a new player trying to learn the ropes.

    Totally agree