How are Trickster's blades going to work with new Blood Favor and Third Seal?

As far as I know, each blade thrown is counted as a "special attack", hence why PWYF loses a token per knife. If so, does that mean that each knife hit will apply Third Seal, and each knife hit will block pallets? Because especially that last part could get out of hand very easily.

I can't imagine BHVR overlooking something like this, but it makes sense that the blades would trigger this judging by their interaction with other perks. If anybody could correct me I'd appreciate it, because a Trickster who can block all pallets close to him by hitting one knife seems better than Nurse in chase.

Comments

  • My assumption will be it will only be 'special attacks' when they trigger the 'hit' score event

    In Trickster's case, that only happens when he fully lacerates and damages a survivor

  • @Altarf said:

    As far as I know, each blade thrown is counted as a "special attack", hence why PWYF loses a token per knife. If so, does that mean that each knife hit will apply Third Seal, and each knife hit will block pallets? Because especially that last part could get out of hand very easily.

    I can't imagine BHVR overlooking something like this, but it makes sense that the blades would trigger this judging by their interaction with other perks. If anybody could correct me I'd appreciate it, because a Trickster who can block all pallets close to him by hitting one knife seems better than Nurse in chase.

    Sounds like a much needed Trickster buff. /s

  • @Brokenbones said:

    My assumption will be it will only be 'special attacks' when they trigger the 'hit' score event

    In Trickster's case, that only happens when he fully lacerates and damages a survivor

    I think this is correct.

    Generally, the wording in present perks specifies 'when injuring', I think, so that'd suggest that Trickster would only trigger these perks when actually taking away a health-state.

  • That's exactly what it means, for it to act any differently they would need to make a special exception that applies just to trickster, so they'll either scrap special attacks after the PTB or it will work exactly as described.

  • Let's list out what the buff changes:

    • Hillbilly and Cannibal hitting someone with his chainsaw will block pallets now
    • Huntress and Trickster will block pallets upon a successful damage with their power
    • Deathslinger is going to be a potentially weird one, because harpooning a survivor TECHINCALLY counts as a hit (it triggers protection hits for example), but it doesn't instantly damage you.
    • Pig's dash will trigger it now
    • Corrupt Purge will trigger it. Vile purge likely won't
    • Demo's Shred will trigger it
    • Oni's demon dash and demon strike will trigger it upon a successful hit
    • PH's punishment of the damned will trigger it
    • Blight's lethal rush will trigger it (it's hilarious how it's his perk and it took this long for it to actually work with his power)
    • Finally - Nemesis tentacle strike will proc it. Not that you'd want it to because one of Nemesis's strengths is demolishing pallets
  • @Altarf said:

    As far as I know, each blade thrown is counted as a "special attack", hence why PWYF loses a token per knife. If so, does that mean that each knife hit will apply Third Seal, and each knife hit will block pallets? Because especially that last part could get out of hand very easily.

    I can't imagine BHVR overlooking something like this, but it makes sense that the blades would trigger this judging by their interaction with other perks. If anybody could correct me I'd appreciate it, because a Trickster who can block all pallets close to him by hitting one knife seems better than Nurse in chase.

    i think this effect will aplied just when you damage survivor, but, i think BHVR should be more brave and give us another "meta perks" because we have the same builds every single match. We need more perks for try change de mechanic in the game. When anyone try some different and unusuall perk, sometimes, i dont know whats perk is, because i never see it in action and i forget. The blood favor is a hex perk with cooldown, so i think if will apllie with a single knife, maybe this is not so much powerfull how look

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Let's list out what the buff changes:

    • Hillbilly and Cannibal hitting someone with his chainsaw will block pallets now
    • Huntress and Trickster will block pallets upon a successful damage with their power
    • Deathslinger is going to be a potentially weird one, because harpooning a survivor TECHINCALLY counts as a hit (it triggers protection hits for example), but it doesn't instantly damage you.
    • Pig's dash will trigger it now
    • Corrupt Purge will trigger it. Vile purge likely won't
    • Demo's Shred will trigger it
    • Oni's demon dash and demon strike will trigger it upon a successful hit
    • PH's punishment of the damned will trigger it
    • Blight's lethal rush will trigger it (it's hilarious how it's his perk and it took this long for it to actually work with his power)
    • Finally - Nemesis tentacle strike will proc it. Not that you'd want it to because one of Nemesis's strengths is demolishing pallets

    Could be an interesting choice on plague if I don't have to worry about pallet stuns when corrupted

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515220#Comment_2515220

    Could be an interesting choice on plague if I don't have to worry about pallet stuns when corrupted

    Oh how could I forget?

    Legions Feral Frenzy will trigger it.

    On every hit, because there's no cooldown.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515234#Comment_2515234

    Oh how could I forget?

    Legions Feral Frenzy will trigger it.

    On every hit, because there's no cooldown.

    Third seal will be a meta perk on legion

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515234#Comment_2515234

    Oh how could I forget?

    Legions Feral Frenzy will trigger it.

    On every hit, because there's no cooldown.

    That would be kinda funny but I usually welcome getting stunned out of frenzy to avoid having to look at my hands and scream for half an hour.

  • PWYF loses stacks by attempting an attacking action. It's why missing a lunge or special attack will lose stacks.

    For special attacks to work with perks they must injure or down the survivor.

  • It used to work with their frenzy before and I ran it then (and I will again) but I didn't see many others do it

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515234#Comment_2515234

    Oh how could I forget?

    Legions Feral Frenzy will trigger it.

    On every hit, because there's no cooldown.

    Here's an interresting question though.

    Will it also trigger if you hit people already injured or in deep wound? As you aren't actually doing any damage then

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515239#Comment_2515239

    Here's an interresting question though.

    Will it also trigger if you hit people already injured or in deep wound? As you aren't actually doing any damage then

    I'd say yeah, since those trigger the 'hit' score event