Can you or can you not lose pips now?

I thought you couldn't lose the grade you earned? Yet I have seen it happen to me multiple times so far.


Also why does the end game screen always show you as the rank higher than you currently are if 1 pip is the difference between actually reaching that rank.

Comments

  • You can lose progress towards a grade but you can no longer go down a grade.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You can lose progress towards a grade but you can no longer go down a grade.

    I feel like even that happened? I thought I was Silver 4 and now im Bronze 1 again.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512294#Comment_2512294

    I feel like even that happened? I thought I was Silver 4 and now im Bronze 1 again.

    Outside of Grade resets (on the 13th of each month), it shouldn't.

    Likely a glitch.

  • "Also why does the end game screen always show you as the rank higher than you currently are if 1 pip is the difference between actually reaching that rank."

    This has been a visual bug for a long time now. It seems as though the rank displayed on the results screen thinks you've earned DOUBLE the pips you've actually earned.

    For example if you're at 3/5 and you get one pip, it temporarily thinks you've earned 2 and will display you a rank/grade higher.

    Likewise if you're at 1/5 and you earn 2 pips that match, it thinks you've earned 4, and again, marks you a grade higher than you actually are.

  • So can a Silver II revert to III or is the grade floor per tier? Example you could go from Gold II back to Gold III but you could never go back to Silver?

  • If one is, even hypothetically, not allowed to regress their grade, what is the reason for that?

  • @Nicholas said:

    So can a Silver II revert to III or is the grade floor per tier? Example you could go from Gold II back to Gold III but you could never go back to Silver?

    You can't lose a grade.


    @miketheratguy said:

    If one is, even hypothetically, not allowed to regress their grade, what is the reason for that?

    Why would you want to lose a grade? The only purpose of grades is to grant a monthly reward based on how far you get.

  • Think of it like school. You can be held back a year but you can't go from 3rd grade to 2nd grade.

    You do get sent back to Preschool every 13th though.

  • You can lose pips, but not grades.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2512294#Comment_2512294

    I feel like even that happened? I thought I was Silver 4 and now im Bronze 1 again.

    You’re not getting confused between survivor and killer grades are you? I did it this past weekend. I’m getting too old.

  • Pips and grades are the new definition of useless and pointless. so why do you care about it?

  • @Zozzy said:

    Pips and grades are the new definition of useless and pointless. so why do you care about it?

    Because you get up to 500,000 BP rewarded to you on the 13th now....

    Id say PIPS matter more now than ever. Before they didn't function right with matchmaking in over 2 years. Then as killer ranking up has always been a punishment. They're desired now more than ever.